Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who's Ready for the Heatwave ?

Comments

• Options
    Flying Ant Day today.

had them yesterday, nothing copious amounts of boiling hot water couldn't cure ..  
    Uh oh......I fear you may incur the wrath of @Stig

the one with the helmet or the one from the dump?
  • Options
    On my way from East Midlands to work in London today, around Liverpool St, looking forward to the sights. I remember back in the day....Hot Pants and Mini Skirts.....think today will be enjoyable!!
    Liverpool Street is the best sight seeing spot in London. The city meets Essex meets Shoreditch. Something for everyone's tastes

• Options
    Flying Ant Day today.

had them yesterday, nothing copious amounts of boiling hot water couldn't cure ..  
    Saw a few yesterday...more today though as for dealing with the heat we are planning on going to the beach on Wednesday & Thursday and no doubt will end up in the Dolphin after.
  • Options
    Finally gave in to Mrs SB and bought an air conditioning unit for our bedroom (which is an attic extension and suffers from extremes of temperature).  250 sovs and I was rather cynical but it’s been a godsend.  Big old thing and have to leave a velux window open so it can be vented but kept the temperature to a nice 18 degrees last night.  
  • Options
    Finally gave in to Mrs SB and bought an air conditioning unit for our bedroom (which is an attic extension and suffers from extremes of temperature).  250 sovs and I was rather cynical but it’s been a godsend.  Big old thing and have to leave a velux window open so it can be vented but kept the temperature to a nice 18 degrees last night.  

yeah, we are up in the attic too and it was unbearable last night, like a sauna at the best of times and never have the heating on upstairs ever. two fans going full blast last night and still trouble sleeping. dogs were not happy either.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

yeah, we are up in the attic too and it was unbearable last night, like a sauna at the best of times and never have the heating on upstairs ever. two fans going full blast last night and still trouble sleeping. dogs were not happy either.
    Yep. We’ve got a hot doggie too. She sleeps on the tiles by the front door bless her. Thinking of letting her come up to the bedroom with the ac unit.  Having trouble persuading Mrs SB to sleep in the porch though! 😉
  • Options
    the little chillmax units are handy for the summer got one in the bedroom - does a decent job
  • Options
    French supermarkets ain't, all 3 local supermarkets (One a hypermarket) are either out of stock, or don't stock ice. Yes, we do make our own, but more thinking about the hundreds / thousands of campers and caravaners who visit the area this time of year. The shops don't even think to stick some soft drink in the chillers 
  • Options
    Just disappointed Im not up in London

The fashion on view must be lovely at the moment
    Things nicely poised in Canary Wharf. 

I think a lunchtime perv stroll is in order mate
    Welcome to “Perv Tuesday” 2019. >:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2019
    All prepared - bought two new fans, put some Buds in the fridge, mowed me parents grass early and cut the bottoms off all my trousers.
  • Options
    For those of you who haven't got an AC but got ice, get a as much ice in front of your fan, this will cool the air but melt quickly, so you lose some but not all the cooling effect, the melted water will then take over and you get some cooling.  
  • Options
    Up early this morning..garden fed and watered...beautiful sunshine..am keeping in the shade but it sure is the climate for wasps flies butterflies bees which in turn is great for the other wildlife and garden....have a pheasants nest in my walled garden ..eggs to hatch any time soon ...won t be much fun for anybody commuting in this weather but I have paid my dues....just popping up to the farm shop for lunch 
  • Options
    For those of you who haven't got an AC but got ice, get a as much ice in front of your fan, this will cool the air but melt quickly, so you lose some but not all the cooling effect, the melted water will then take over and you get some cooling.  
    We stand frozen 2l bottles of water behind the fan. The cool air is sucked through and it works a treat for about 20 minutes
  • Options
    We stand frozen 2l bottles of water behind the fan. The cool air is sucked through and it works a treat for about 20 minutes
    Will work just as well, might be enough to get you off to sleep. My only feeling is when the ice melts into a container rather than a sealed bottle you continue to get evaporation, therefore you still get a certain amount of cooling, why is suggested in front of the fan (and this is a technical point) the fan generates heat so you are cooling that heat prior, placing the cooling behind the fan mean you’re using some of your cooling to cool the fan, thus reducing the cooling effect, to be fair on a little fan such as you would use I wouldn’t think it would make any noticeable difference.
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    Up early this morning..garden fed and watered...beautiful sunshine..am keeping in the shade but it sure is the climate for wasps flies butterflies bees which in turn is great for the other wildlife and garden....have a pheasants nest in my walled garden ..eggs to hatch any time soon ...won t be much fun for anybody commuting in this weather but I have paid my dues....just popping up to the farm shop for lunch 
    the one in Catsfield on the bend? Should get yourself up to Ashburnham Place one afternoon for a cream tea. Although a Christian retreat it's open to the public and the grounds are spectacular, on the North Trade Road travelling away from Battle.
  • Options

the worst is yet to come .. oh ye prophet of doom ((:>)
  • Options
    lolwray said:
    the one in Catsfield on the bend? Should get yourself up to Ashburnham Place one afternoon for a cream tea. Although a Christian retreat it's open to the public and the grounds are spectacular, on the North Trade Road travelling away from Battle.
    That's it large..they do do nice cream teas there at ashburnham...btw that's kitchenham road ..live just off it ..grounds are lovely ..almost as good as mine but it's bloomin hot today 
  • Options
    Thursday I’ve got to collect a car and drive it back from Portsmouth to London...... sadly it’s 22 years old and no air con and the engine is 6 inches behind me.

it gets hot in there in Winter so god help me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off work with the little one today, so decided to work on the garden. What a work out that was, sweating like a pig, Better than a gym session.
  • Options
    Halix said:
    All prepared - bought two new fans, put some Buds in the fridge, mowed me parents grass early and cut the bottoms out of all my trousers.

• Options
    lolwray said:
    lolwray said:
    That's it large..they do do nice cream teas there at ashburnham...btw that's kitchenham road ..live just off it ..grounds are lovely ..almost as good as mine but it's bloomin hot today 

always thought that whole road was the North Trade Road so stand corrected on that one …
  • Options
    Off work with the little one today, so decided to work on the garden. What a work out that was, sweating like a pig, Better than a gym session.

I really hope you clear your search history every 6 or 7 hours mate lol
  • Options

I wish I had that strimmer!
  • Options

I really hope you clear your search history every 6 or 7 hours mate lol
    *minutes
  • Options
    so far uptown is not disappointing flesh a plenty
  • Options
    It’s duller than a dull day here. 
    I bought a bespoke wooden sun lounger this week. 
    Guarantee there will be no more sun in West Cork this year! 
  • Options
    Not me, i have an interview on Thursday afternoon....