Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Come Back!

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2019
    i'm stepping it up next year - hoping to emulate my youngest and his mates - 10 of them, 16 years old done virtually every home and away game this year - was so pleased for them yesterday - following playing at the valley saturday, one of my best mates getting a season ticket again today, i've not had a bad weekend!!!!!!  
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    How many boycotters do we roughly have?
    Since Donny at home and Wembley, not that many.
  • Options
    After 2 full seasons away from the valley I've renewed with our usual gang today. 
    This wasn't solely based on yesterday, we would have renewed in league one regardless. We left last time (due to RD) as it didn't feel like watching Charlton anymore. We was watching a team of individuals. 
    I've been to around 3/4 games leading up to the playoffs and the team bond and spirit is unrecognisable to the team under KR and Slade. 
    I just hope (hope is the wrong word... PREY) that Bowyer and Jackson stay. It'll be nice to keep Beliek and Cullen, Williams I feel we could replace. Aribo I think is already gone regardless and Hope our BFG decides London is where he wants to settle with his new family. 

Feels like we've got our Charlton back. For 5 days at least before Bowyers contract runs out!
  • Options
    Wavering massively, missed out on Wembley :-(

Can’t go back until he’s gone 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3blokes said:
    The problem, it seems to me, is that there are two distinct versions of Charlton at the moment. Charlton as owned by Duchatelet, and the Charlton now owned by Bowyer and his team and the supporters. There is a huge disconnect between the two, they are incompatible with each other, and I really want to support one but not the other.
    I haven’t worked out quite how to do that yet. And I fully see both sides of the argument.

I think that is a very insightful post @3blokes

I suppose many people after the last fortnight  now have to decide whether they want to provide support to the later on a regular basis or whether they only want to participate in big games when the team is doing well. Very much hope we see more of a fuller Valley roaring the team on. 

I agree with this. However it is not currently clear, in the absence of any contract for Bowyer and his staff, nor for many of the existing team, that the Charlton as owned by Bowyer, his team and the fans will exist come the new season.

Can’t see why I would be forking out for season tickets to support Bowyer and team until I knew they were going to be there.

Imagine handing over money to Duchâtelet who then doesn’t give Bowyer a new contract, appoints Karel Fraeye as manager and gives Driesen full transfer activity responsibility.

I’m not ruling out getting season tickets and I want to be there (even if Duchâtelet has not sold) but I want to be sure what I’m paying for. 
    100% THIS
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    I think people need to judge things by effectiveness. If boycotting had brought Duchatelet to his knees, I would have praised it. But it hasn't and it never will. It hasn't made the blind bit of difference. It might make people feel righteous but that's all, and in the meantime life goes on all around them. It is the boycotters' right to do what they are doing but one does have to ask - so what?
    This was always my thought on the matter.
    It could never work and if I thought it could I may have also boycotted.
    If I were at work and had devised a plan that I realised could never work, I'd swiftly abandon it.
    I wouldn't continue indefinitely.

Once again, good luck to the boycotters, everyone should do what they want.
    But by God some of you have made an awful sacrifice for absolutely no positive benefit. 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    I think people need to judge things by effectiveness. If boycotting had brought Duchatelet to his knees, I would have praised it. But it hasn't and it never will. It hasn't made the blind bit of difference. It might make people feel righteous but that's all, and in the meantime life goes on all around them. It is the boycotters' right to do what they are doing but one does have to ask - so what?
    If I were at work and had devised a plan that I realised could never work, I'd swiftly abandon it.

But by God some of you have made an awful sacrifice for absolutely no positive benefit. 
    But for a lot of the boycotters it was never about the results.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Nadou said:

I never said it was.
    But the boycott has achieved nothing, other than what Nadou said.
  • Options
    I have resisted for 2 seasons and not bought a season ticket, yesterday made me realise I can't stay away anymore 
    Me too. I bought one this morning whilst still on cloud 9 after yesterday :D
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Nadou said:

I never said it was.
    But the boycott has achieved nothing, other than what Nadou said.
    Do you think so.
    On the other hand an influx of season ticket holders could see Roland remain at the club longer.
    I'm expecting us to average 15000 next season  with 10000 season ticket holders.
  • Options
    heavenSE7 said:
    After 2 full seasons away from the valley I've renewed with our usual gang today. 
    This wasn't solely based on yesterday, we would have renewed in league one regardless. We left last time (due to RD) as it didn't feel like watching Charlton anymore. We was watching a team of individuals. 
    I've been to around 3/4 games leading up to the playoffs and the team bond and spirit is unrecognisable to the team under KR and Slade. 
    I just hope (hope is the wrong word... PREY) that Bowyer and Jackson stay. It'll be nice to keep Beliek and Cullen, Williams I feel we could replace. Aribo I think is already gone regardless and Hope our BFG decides London is where he wants to settle with his new family. 

Feels like we've got our Charlton back. For 5 days at least before Bowyers contract runs out!
    You knew PREY was the wrong word too right?
    You were just messing with us surely?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The key for me is whether Bowyer and staff get a new contract. We know that RD is a spiteful  bastard  and i would not be surprised that  he makes a derisery offer and Bowyer walks away. No team or manager left, no money, straight back down again. If Bowyer stays then i might buy a season ticket again.
  • Options
    As you say, if he gives Bowyer a contract and lets him build a Championship squad. The next few days will see if that starts to happen. Personally i don't trust him but will be happy to be proved wrong
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I'd be amazed if we don't get at least 11-12k season ticket holders next season. The play offs will have inspired some lapsed fans to return and maybe even new ones who enjoyed their day out yesterday. Add that to 2k (this is a guess, i'm sure Airman can predict better) walk ups for games plus a number of away sides selling out the away end and we'll easily have over 16-17k for most games.
    I’d be surprised if we did. We sold 11,300 in 2012/13 without Duchatelet at bargain prices. That is the highest post-2009 relegation. There is still too much uncertainty. However get shot of him and all bets are off.
  • Options
    Mate of mine has ordered a season ticket for him and his daughter in the family stand today. He hasn't had a season ticket for about six years. When he asked me about it yesterday there was a fairly good choice of seats. Looking today there isn't many left with 2 seats together. Anyone know how many season tickets we've sold since Sunday?
  • Options
    Same here. Have one of my Son’s friend’s Mum looking to buy in Lower North near us, but a lot greyed out now.

I’m looking at moving back to next to my old seat in the East, it’s still available, and I thought it would be for a while. Now though, promotion may have made that less likely. Dammit!
  • Options
    All tied up x 2 West Lower after 2 year ST boycott. Whether he sells or not, didn’t want to risk my own owner agitation costing me more in the months to come, as I defo want to cheer us on in the Championship
  • Options
    I'd advise fans to beware how it'll look to the rest of the League

Doncaster and Wembley we sold out; Blackpool fans are already questioning the boycott

If fans stay away again when we're doing badly yet then have a sudden run to the Play-Offs (with another similar outcome) I imagine fans of other clubs (even the League) becoming rather unsympathetic towards the cause and it'll slowly look as though our fan base is nothing more than 8,000 with the rest being fair weather supporters rather than boycotters who only come along when we're doing well
    Fickle.
  • Options
    3blokes said:
    The problem, it seems to me, is that there are two distinct versions of Charlton at the moment. Charlton as owned by Duchatelet, and the Charlton now owned by Bowyer and his team and the supporters. There is a huge disconnect between the two, they are incompatible with each other, and I really want to support one but not the other.
    I haven’t worked out quite how to do that yet. And I fully see both sides of the argument.

I think that is a very insightful post @3blokes

I suppose many people after the last fortnight  now have to decide whether they want to provide support to the later on a regular basis or whether they only want to participate in big games when the team is doing well. Very much hope we see more of a fuller Valley roaring the team on. 

I agree with this. However it is not currently clear, in the absence of any contract for Bowyer and his staff, nor for many of the existing team, that the Charlton as owned by Bowyer, his team and the fans will exist come the new season.

Can’t see why I would be forking out for season tickets to support Bowyer and team until I knew they were going to be there.

Imagine handing over money to Duchâtelet who then doesn’t give Bowyer a new contract, appoints Karel Fraeye as manager and gives Driesen full transfer activity responsibility.

I’m not ruling out getting season tickets and I want to be there (even if Duchâtelet has not sold) but I want to be sure what I’m paying for. 
    This...