Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you're not at the Valley on Friday night, where will you be watching?

Comments

• Options
    Bricklayers in Bromley now moved to The Beehive in New Eltham.
    You watching it with your 6 brothers and the pretty lady? 
    Grumpy cannot make it.
  • Options
    Taking my school chess team to Pontins in Camber Sands, for a weekend tournament. I will be arriving at 6, I have a little time to find a bar which is showing it 😊
  • Options
    As I don't have Sky, I need to find a pub showing the match. Anyone know of one in Holsworthy or Bideford areas?
    No idea but most decent pubs should stick it on for you if you get in there early enough and ask. 
    Yeah! Found one in Bideford.  It can't reasonably be described as decent,  but allows us the be with all you at The Valley in spirit.
    COYRS
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    On a stream, or if that fails, I'll get a NowTv pass. Might open my window so I can hear the cheers from The Valley if something happens!
    Why aren't you going ?
  • Options
    I am the same as @ CharltonKerry & Salad laid up with a broken ankle in plaster. Have a ticket but won't be able to use it. Have organised a Niw TV Sky pass to follow the match.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I've already scheduled an 'important project task' on my work calendar for Friday afternoon...

I'm gonna need to find a quiet room at the office to watch it in peace. But shhh don't tell the boss.

What about you lot?
    Well, i am going to blame Mrs Addick for this. We have a run club skittles evening at the Kings Arms in good old Newent, booked months ago bloody sods law really.

I am going to make sure the landlord has coverage in the alley, went to Shrewsbury home and away really pissed off to be missing this one.

And don't ask about the (possible, ducks for cover) final, i am going to have to try and get out of another commitment i hope.....

• Options
    edited May 2019
    match should of been tonight!! but because sunderland had the run at there place matches got switched round, i am going to miss the bulk of the match as flying to barcelona straight from work! - should make the 2nd half somewhere though, did try changing flight but was going to cost in the region of £500.00 and miss a hotel that's pre booked - plus would likely be single, up shot is i've managed to get out of a wedding next sunday so if we do it am free for that - every cloud. 
  • Options
    Get a stream going on your phone the second the plane lands!
  • Options
    Get a stream going on your phone the second the plane lands!
    He won’t be able to use the toilet until he reaches the terminal building.
  • Options
    In a pub in Copenhagen 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:
    So we have a Dane in New Zealand ( @Danepak ) and a New Zealander in Denmark ( @flyingkiwiDK

Pretty much. Yes.

I’m half English though. 
  • Options
    Will be searching about in brum looking for somewhere 
  • Options
    Hopefully will find somewhere in Barcelona to watch it COYR
  • Options
    Hopefully will have a bigger problem for the final, as am running Edinburgh Marathon on that day. Am due to finish at 2 ish, so just time to limp to a local pub. Have emailed a few already and the answer was...'what match?' Apparently there are some big games in Scotland that day, so the chance of me getting the channel changed is looking a little bleak ☹️
  • Options
    At home with a Tranmere fan, hopefully a Wembley double ;)
  • Options
    I've already scheduled an 'important project task' on my work calendar for Friday afternoon...

I'm gonna need to find a quiet room at the office to watch it in peace. But shhh don't tell the boss.

What about you lot?
    Well, i am going to blame Mrs Addick for this. We have a run club skittles evening at the Kings Arms in good old Newent, booked months ago bloody sods law really.

I am going to make sure the landlord has coverage in the alley, went to Shrewsbury home and away really pissed off to be missing this one.

And don't ask about the (possible, ducks for cover) final, i am going to have to try and get out of another commitment i hope.....

Once every 20 years... :-)
  • Options
    In some Czech village. There is this annual walk to another village from all points of the compass which attracts 18k people including my wife and brother in law, and I provide logistic support. Load of bollocks but at least the village does now have broadband, and hopefully my iPad will pick up a stream recommended by the God of streams, Mr @Callumcafc
    If it was in October I'd question if the Village was Austerlitz to commemorate the battle

How far is the walk; sounds quite interesting actually
    So, there are several tracks varying from 30 to 70kms (the latter is from the edge of Prague, for the hard core) It is quite inspiring when you get near the place and if you are on a hill track you look down and see streams of people on different roads marching towards the village. And I take my hats off to the young blokes who treat it as a pub crawl and complete 35kms absolutely shit-faced. It has been going since the 70s, and you get a little plastic boot badge for completing it. Some people  (and some dogs) march with their previous boots proudly displayed. The trouble is this: you leave your car at the start point. You get to the finish. Like 18,000 others. So how you gonna get back to your car? The answer is, a bus. In the Czech countryside. 18k people. So I did it once and when I discovered this I said to my wife and BiL, sod this, I will provide "logistic support" in future. So I drop them off in my car, then drive to the village, and start walking back towards them. For a while I have the countryside to myself, then gradually I start to meet people coming the other way, who happily inform me that " you are going the wrong way for Prcice". This is funny the first couple of times, but after 50 times...so I wear a big sign round my neck, saying "Yes I know this isn't the way to effing Prcice!" My wife and BiL scoff at my wimpishness, but secretly they are very glad to sink into my car to take them back, so I'm stuck with it, and have to hope the stream and broadband links work. But my BiL will celebrate with me Saturday night if we win. He's watched us a few times on TV with me. 
  • Options
    RDG said:
    On the sofa at home. After 3+ years of insisting not a penny more, I couldn't bring myself to junk that stance on account of a big game under the lights. Wouldn't have been able to justify it to myself. Sooner that idiot sells up the better. COYR.
    Double figures of boycotters in The Beehive, New Eltham, if you make it in there tomorrow night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RDG said:
    On the sofa at home. After 3+ years of insisting not a penny more, I couldn't bring myself to junk that stance on account of a big game under the lights. Wouldn't have been able to justify it to myself. Sooner that idiot sells up the better. COYR.
    Double figures of boycotters in The Beehive, New Eltham, if you make it in there tomorrow night.
    Who owes you beers Elfs because I'm subbing for you at the Valley tomorrow night OK?
  • Options
    RDG said:
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm down in Folkestone so I'll be watching at home. Solidarity to you all, we'll have the biggest party once he's gone.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    RedChaser said:
    RDG said:
    Who owes you beers Elfs because I'm subbing for you at the Valley tomorrow night OK?
    @Clb74 as he knocked me for a round last Saturday night.
  • Options
    Glosfan said:
    Taking my school chess team to Pontins in Camber Sands, for a weekend tournament. I will be arriving at 6, I have a little time to find a bar which is showing it 😊
    Have you tried the Castle mate?  ;)
  • Options
    The King and Queen I gather is quite good.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Glosfan said:
    Have you tried the Castle mate?  ;)
    What time of Knight does it close?
  • Options
    Or maybe the White Horse?
  • Options
    I'll be watching at home alone. 

In my boxers with moisturiser and tissues at the ready.