Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed. Pg 296 - Start of Deadline Day)

Comments

• Options
    Laddick01 said:
    There are some seriously good players who are free in the summer and I hope Bowyer has his eyes on them. Graham Carey, Josh Morris, Tom Eaves to name a few.

I've seen Cawley say Eaves is not a target for Millwall so I've put 2 and 2 together and I think that means he is on his way to us 
    If we’re thinking about Plymouth players, Ladapo would be very good alongside Taylor.
    Good player and would also be welcome but I'm not sure if he is a free agent in the summer and I still don't see us spending fees while the emperor palpatine is in charge 
  • Options
    Loads of players have now been released. 

I know he's a Palace legend, but Speroni could do a job as an experienced backup keeper to Dillon for example
  • Options
    Graham Carey would be a good option in midfield!!

Certainly knows how to score from there too
  • Options
    Josh Morris reminds me of Ricky Holmes, if you only see the highlights or goals some weeks your wonder why he isn't playing in the premier league. As with Ricky, there is a reason. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Josh Morris reminds me of Ricky Holmes, if you only see the highlights or goals some weeks your wonder why he isn't playing in the premier league. As with Ricky, there is a reason. 
    Yeah scored 20-goals in a season two years ago for Scunthorpe and is still there

Wouldnt mind if he turned up at the Valley but the fact no one else signed him worries me
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yeah scored 20-goals in a season two years ago for Scunthorpe and is still there

Wouldnt mind if he turned up at the Valley but the fact no one else signed him worries me
    From memory most of them where "goal of the week" material. Last Saturday didn't portray him in a good light either. 
  • Options
    There are some seriously good players who are free in the summer and I hope Bowyer has his eyes on them. Graham Carey, Josh Morris, Tom Eaves to name a few.

I've seen Cawley say Eaves is not a target for Millwall so I've put 2 and 2 together and I think that means he is on his way to us 
    Problem is we are gonna be weeks behind everyone because of the playoffs. Clubs are already signing players. 
  • Options
    We cannot really sign any new players until we know who is staying and who is going,and that depends a lot on if we go up or not.For Bowyer to worry about transfers now would be a distraction from the job at hand.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

bit of an Ajose syndrome, 1 or 2 good seasons with form that seemed to come from nowhere .. was injured much of this season and just has not performed well in a sub par Scunthorpe team, scoring just 5 albeit in just over 20 games
     .. no transfer interest ? .. Injury .. he takes/took a LOT of stick and perhaps the kicks and fouls have told heavily .. IF fit and well, I'd love him to join us .. the 'IF' is the problem 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moo said:

Problem is we are gonna be weeks behind everyone because of the playoffs. Clubs are already signing players. 
    Because that's the problem. It wouldn't matter if we'd won the league by Xmas. Roland is the owner.
  • Options
    There's minimal transfer activity at the moment, other than players being released. It's only another 2 weeks until the playoffs are over
  • Options
    Moo said:

Because that's the problem. It wouldn't matter if we'd won the league by Xmas. Roland is the owner.
    So none of Sundays 18 were signed under Roland?  There is enough to moan about with out making stuff up. 
  • Options
    Am sure Steve and Lee have sat down discussing the players they'd like for both Championship and League One (depending where we find ourselves)

I'd also be surprised if Steve isnt having discussions with Agents and clubs to find out who is available etc.
    That is assuming Lee and Steve are still with us
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Am sure Steve and Lee have sat down discussing the players they'd like for both Championship and League One (depending where we find ourselves)

I'd also be surprised if Steve isnt having discussions with Agents and clubs to find out who is available etc.
    I dont actually know what sort of Contract we've got Steve on...
  • Options
    ross1 said:

I dont actually know what sort of Contract we've got Steve on...
    Let us hope it is longer than the end of this season
  • Options
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/released-players-championship-league-one-16252634.amp of this list mcechran odubajo and Washington I think would defo be worth a punt if we go up 
  • Options
    Gary Hooper too maybe

Odubajo might be a risk now as he's had a lot of injury problems - Cant believe how far Josh McEchran is falling
  • Options
    Washington, McEachran, Matias, Carruthers, Vermijl Fielding and Odubajo would all be decent additions
  • Options
    Dont say Matias too loud

He was linked as an early Roland signing I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have we announced who is being released yet?
  • Options
    Won't be done til after playoffs 
  • Options
    dmjn said:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/released-players-championship-league-one-16252634.amp of this list mcechran odubajo and Washington I think would defo be worth a punt if we go up 
    It’s just like playing Championship Manager again,
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

If we’re thinking about Plymouth players, Ladapo would be very good alongside Taylor.
    Talking Plymouth - looks like Lamirez is a free. That I would take
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Surprised people are talking about Washington. League 1 for me, didn’t score a single goal all season. We would need better if we go up. Agree our budget will probably prevent that. 

• Options
    Deji oshijala as a rcb been released by Wimbledon
  • Options

I don't see how Eaves would work as a partner for Taylor.
  • Options
    Anyone know what happens to Chelsea's 41 loan players when they all return to the Bridge? Will they be unable to get new loans at new clubs? Very weird if they are unable to get a game for Chelsea and have to be paid. Maybe Da Silva will be released and we can resign him?
    I think the ban only affects them signing players, they'll still be able to sell or loan out players.

They have Pulisic coming in from Dortmund and i'd guess they'll want to keep hold of 1 of Morata, Batshuayi and Abraham as a back up. They can also sign Higuain apparently as an agreement was made before the ban.

It's also an ideal time for them to give a chance to a couple of the youngsters like Tomori and Mount who've been on loan at Derby.
  • Options
    Don’t forget we’re going to be a feeder club for young Australian talent  :open_mouth:
  • Options
    If we'd had DaSilva instead of Purrington or Page this season I doubt anything would be different.