Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wot no Millwall relegation thread?

Comments

• Options
    What type ? My post was a response to @MillwallFan
  • Options
    If Rowett is a done deal then that's an excellent appointment for Millwall and they will definitely won't have to worry about relegation this year.
    Think we need to start a Palace relegation thread now 😉😉
    Would love to see all 3 South London clubs in the same division again 😃😃

The same Rowett who won 8 out of 26 league games at Stoke after spending over 35m?

No guarantee at all that he will do well at Millwall.
    Seemed to do better working with a low budget squad at Burton and Birmingham city, so could be the perfect fit for us. 
    I know some managers only have the option of working with a limited budget but I’ve never really bought into that same manager doing worse given a few quid to improve the overall quality. If they can’t do that I can’t see how they are much good. No idea if Rowett is a good appointment or not and my gut says he probably is but I would be worried if he doesn’t know how to spend some money if he’s given the chance. 
    You do get those type of managers. Kenny Jackett? 
    Would of you considered having Kenny Jackett back, considering that Pompey haven't had the greatest of starts?
  • Options
    If Rowett is a done deal then that's an excellent appointment for Millwall and they will definitely won't have to worry about relegation this year.

A decent appointment you'd think, but far too early to assume they're safe from relegation when you look at the teams in this division. Indeed the division is so tight and unpredictable, most of the league could end up in the bottom 3...or the playoffs!
    100% agree how tight this division is, anyone can beat anyone that's why I love it but Rowett has got so much experience in this division that's why I feel if it is a done deal then Millwall won't have to fear relegation at all anymore
  • Options
    To be honest I don’t think they have relegation worries in any case.
  • Options
    What type ? My post was a response to @MillwallFan
    The type who seem to do better with a smaller budget. 
  • Options

The same Rowett who won 8 out of 26 league games at Stoke after spending over 35m?

Seemed to do better working with a low budget squad at Burton and Birmingham city, so could be the perfect fit for us. 
    I know some managers only have the option of working with a limited budget but I’ve never really bought into that same manager doing worse given a few quid to improve the overall quality. If they can’t do that I can’t see how they are much good. No idea if Rowett is a good appointment or not and my gut says he probably is but I would be worried if he doesn’t know how to spend some money if he’s given the chance. 
    Would of you considered having Kenny Jackett back, considering that Pompey haven't had the greatest of starts?
    No. We need some fresh blood. 
  • Options

Cardiff at home Saturday ;)
  • Options
    Has Tim Cahill been mentioned for the job?
  • Options

Cardiff at home Saturday ;)
    Tuesday! Not so long to wait.
  • Options
    Slightly surprised it's taken so long, Millwall had over a week to appoint someone before Saturday but it still hasn't happened. Especially as Rowett is free at the moment too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary rowett confirmed as Millwall manager
  • Options
    Gary rowett confirmed as Millwall manager
    Guessing we will boo him loudly
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Rowett would be a great appointment for them, judas prick...

I'm not convinced it will be Rowett.
    Nice one. 
  • Options
    Listen chaps,  need to know basis...  He has his orders. Agent Rowett is now deep under cover,  shush!
  • Options
    Who cares who their manager is we will still be taking 6 points off the muppets this season.
  • Options
    Rowett gives them a chance, but it may or may not work. As has been said, his record at Stoke is nothing to get excited about. But he has done well elsewhere. They could have got Slade and we would be having a street party. Like I said, Rowett gives them a chance, but it could go either way.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Nice one. 
    Surprised, based on a conversation earlier today.
    In my opinion a very big risk.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Nice one. 
    Surprised, based on a conversation earlier today.
    In my opinion a very big risk.
    Risk? What are you not telling us?
  • Options
    Rowett has very good spec. on Championship players. He will probably bring in some tried and trusted players and the effort will rise up again, especially against us. My Millwall mate says they are too slow in midfield so hoof the ball forward. It'll be interesting to see how that changes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’ll feel just like home then 
  • Options

They'll go on a good run now and turn us over in a few weeks lol

• Options
    Stop resurrecting this thread, until this is mathematically confirmed. Whenever we do they start winning, I am lumping my savings on a Mill win this weekend....
  • Options
    Cardiff 1 up.
  • Options
    2-1 to Cardiff
  • Options
    edited October 2019

BOLLOX!
  • Options
    Buggers have equalised!
  • Options

BOLLOX!
    There’s a face from the past :)