Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum part deux - Mon 4 March 2019

Comments

• Options
    There was a big presentation to the fans forum about next years season tickets and a 3% price increase which I assume will be in the next stage of the FF minutes.

There was also a presentation on the data collected on attendees at the football for a five day.
    Again I hope this will be shared in the next stage of the FF minutes.
  • Options
    WTF a 3% increase to see what?? 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    My pension is only going up by 2.4% in April. How do they expect me to afford increases like this. It’s a bloody liberty 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Rudders22 said:
    My pension is only going up by 2.4% in April. How do they expect me to afford increases like this. It’s a bloody liberty 
    You should have got Golfie to sort your pension 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

To see Darren Pratley and a team of teenagers wear the shirt with pride.
    Roland Duchatelet's master plan will have come to fruition.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Rudders22 said:
    You should have got Golfie to sort your pension 
    Yeh but he's already got a shortfall  ;).
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Rudders22 said:

To see Darren Pratley and a team of teenagers wear the shirt with pride.
    Roland Duchatelet's master plan will have come to fruition.
    Patience, we've got to drop into L2 first and then then Non League :smirk:.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Take it elsewhere please lads. Let's all take a deep breath and calm down.

We've all had a coffee 
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    I said it last week. We are in big big trouble. I think this season is the best and possibly only chance we will get at promotion for quite some time. The squad next season will be mid table league one at best. 
    I don’t think we are in big trouble, which is actually worse. We will keep dripping along, slowly but surely shrinking, losing another generation. We’ll be funded enough to ‘compete’, but never well run or progressive enough to move forward and by the time it gets really serious the vast majority of the heart and passion for the club would have faded, if not gone completely to most.

i agree with you on this season.
    Which is surely reason to support groups like CARD, ROT, WAR, so that we don't just accept a slow death because "it's the owners cloob and the fans must accept it."

I guess it just raises an eyebrow that you say this whilst at the same time saying the things you have on the CARD statement thread. They don't seem at all consistent if you want to avoid the awful scenario you describe. 

Not sure @rikofold where I have expressed anywhere not to support those groups??

For my benefit, grateful please if you could educate me on what I have said that is inconsistent or raises eyebrows as that baffles me. Or simply what I said on that other thread that you personally disagree with?

Those points being:

• The CARD name / brand to some is toxic and they will immediately snap / put down at anything CARD says / does. Do you not agree with that?

• That those on social media who express an anti-CARD, “CARD can do one etc” stance appear to be greater now in number than it was 2-3 years ago. Do you not agree with that?

• That this has all gone on for too long. Do you not agree with that?

• As a fanbase, the variety of unique protest ideas dried up 18 months ago. Do you not agree with that?

• There’s some resistance to recommencing home match protests. Do you not agree with that?

• There’s difficulty with overseas protests. Do you not agree with that?

• There’s not enough support for blanket #NAPM to be truly effective. Do you not agree with that?

• That there is unlikely to be much further protest momentum until key fundamentals change. Like not having a manager / coach like our current ones, nor a top 6 competing squad. Do you not agree with that?

So of those 8 points in response to a post that divergence of views making it difficult for fan power to rid us of Duchatelet, how many of them do you vehemently disagree with enough to raise eyebrows? Rick’s response about surveys proving otherwise wasn’t really relevant imo as it wasn’t addressing any specific point I was making (where I assume he’s saying that there is still large anti-Duchatelet support, for which I wholeheartedly agree).

Not looking for a disagreement and more than happy to have my view challenged and debated (I did caveat that it may only be my view). But interested to learn what is inconsistent or what you disagree with. Cheers

Take it elsewhere please lads. Let's all take a deep breath and calm down.

We've all had a coffee 
    Can someone put this on the argument alert thread please
  • Options
    ha, probably right RCT 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There was a big presentation to the fans forum about next years season tickets and a 3% price increase which I assume will be in the next stage of the FF minutes.

There was also a presentation on the data collected on attendees at the football for a five day.
    Again I hope this will be shared in the next stage of the FF minutes.
    Whatever happened to the next stage of the FF minutes,as the previous minutes stated
     Other points were discussed in the meeting including season tickets, Player of the Year Dinner and the club's Armed Forces Day. Notes on the full meeting will be published next week.

It is 2 weeks since the meeting took place.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

I've no argument with that @razil, but we have had situations in the past where the FF minutes have not appeared until weeks after the meeting, so I wondered whether a time limit had been agreed, to try to avoid a repetition of this. 

Might also save unnecessary wear on keyboard "repeat" keys :)

As I said on 5 March, the club has "previous" in delaying the publication of minutes.

Is it a coincidence that the section about next season's ticket prices has been delayed?  Do they think we will have forgotten CARD's moderate, sensible suggestion that "customers" should wait to see what sort of squad etc we have before handing over our money, rather than buying a pig in a poke?

I hope in future a reasonable deadline for minutes will be set, and followed up vigorously if not honoured.
  • Options
    Minutes are not completely accurate anyway. The club should be told to shove them. The controls they try to put in place are ridiculous. I would much prefer the FF to report back any way it sees fit rather than toe the line and wait for the club’s version of events.
     NDA's
  • Options
    Minutes are not completely accurate anyway. The club should be told to shove them. The controls they try to put in place are ridiculous. I would much prefer the FF to report back any way it sees fit rather than toe the line and wait for the club’s version of events.
    Yet our reps stay silent. Fans forum, pah, more like ticking boxes for The EFL forum.
  • Options
    Do you remember when I was laughed and sneered at over the FF minutes?

Oh well, whistling a smug tune.
  • Options
    iainment said:

You were laughed at because you were demanding the minutes on the same evening as the meeting.
  • Options
    iainment said:

You were laughed at because you were demanding the minutes on the same evening as the meeting.
    While there was a world cup game on TV too.
  • Options
    Does LVT even turn up for work these days?
  • Options
    so where are these elusive minutes, two weeks later?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

I think you'll find my main point was that supporters weren't feeding back to supporters after the meeting.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:

I think you'll find my main point was that supporters weren't feeding back to supporters after the meeting.
    Don’t try and doucher yourself after the event now Ian...
  • Options
    iainment said:
    iainment said:

Which begs the question, what's the point of having a fans forum in the first place?

Or is it just so attendees can feel self-important?
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    The FF should have an agreed time limit for the minutes to be produced, be it 3 days or 7 days.
    If they are not produced within the agreed time frame, it should be understood that the fans will release their own version, as the deadline has not been met.
  • Options
    The minutes are being checked this evening by two of those present and should be available very soon
    Done deal
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    I am sure this occassion must have been an oversight, I have only attended one meeting and the minutes were promised and delivered within 24 hours, that should be standard.

There is no reason for them to to take 2 weeks and that includes anything subversive or an intention to with hold.

I think someone has just forgotten this time around,

I certainly didnt detect any self importance among those in the group or the intention to withold anything from the wider fanbase. Supporters like @razil, @killerjerrylee & Steve Clarke give thier time to attend this because they feel they are a necessary dialogue that offers information, (whether true or not) that would not otherwise be in the public domain. 

I very much remain unconvinced about the purpose/validity of the FF Meetings, probably more so since I attended one but this is more down of the behaviour, subsequent bollocks reported by the owner and his representative than how it was conducted and reported  during or immediately after it. 
    They were nearly 2 days late last time. 
  • Options
    really, the one I attended, EFL Gate  I got in at around 9pm and got they appeared on the website by 10 the next morning didnt they? I wasnt at the Steve Avory one