Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum part deux - Mon 4 March 2019

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Who is Alex Avery ?
    Steve's brother.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I imagine that the real reason for the delay may be that Steve Gallen was rather clever in the way he named Thomas Driesen as still needing to sign off on players bought while some of SGs pragmatic comments about having to shop in league 1 and league 2 next season may not be as positive as the regime would like.

As a result the fans may not be as happy to sign off the version of the meeting that the club would like to put out.

My speculation, of course.
    That makes no sense as the Driesen / recruitment stuff has already been published by the club.

Given they were talking about pricing it’s far more likely the club doesn’t want to share the discussion it had on this issue ahead of putting its own spin on the price increases.

It makes no sense at all as apparently no such thing was ever discussed.

In fact, according to the minutes, Steve Gallen (SG) didn't make any form of meaningful contribution to the meeting whatsoever. Was he actually even there?

Steve Gallen’s comments were in part one of the minutes which appeared the day after. Do keep up ...
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:
    I imagine that the real reason for the delay may be that Steve Gallen was rather clever in the way he named Thomas Driesen as still needing to sign off on players bought while some of SGs pragmatic comments about having to shop in league 1 and league 2 next season may not be as positive as the regime would like.

As a result the fans may not be as happy to sign off the version of the meeting that the club would like to put out.

That makes no sense as the Driesen / recruitment stuff has already been published by the club.

Given they were talking about pricing it’s far more likely the club doesn’t want to share the discussion it had on this issue ahead of putting its own spin on the price increases.

In fact, according to the minutes, Steve Gallen (SG) didn't make any form of meaningful contribution to the meeting whatsoever. Was he actually even there?

Steve Gallen’s comments were in part one of the minutes which appeared the day after. Do keep up ...

So why's it taken over two weeks for this pile of old tosh to come out then?

In fact, I don't really care. Brown-nosing the club has never been my bag at the best of times, but why anyone would offer themselves up as a patsie to this disgusting and destructive regime is absolutely beyond me.

Summed up quite nicely.
  • Options
    Who is Alex Avery ?
    New CEO! 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

In fact, I don't really care. Brown-nosing the club has never been my bag at the best of times, but why anyone would offer themselves up as a patsie to this disgusting and destructive regime is absolutely beyond me.

Think this is overly harsh to be honest. Having said that I do think that the FF representatives need to get a bit tougher and start telling the club what’s what and what the fans expect of them. At present it seems like the club are taking the piss really.
  • Options
    Who is Alex Avery ?
    The sensational Alex  Avery band.
    Played at the valley in support  of the who in the 70s 
  • Options
    Firstly, my thanks to the fans who attend these meetings - I'm sure every one of you could find a more enjoyable way to spend an evening.  

I agree that it is important fans continue to attend; I'm certain the club would be only too grateful to share even less with their "customers" if given the excuse.

However, I also agree with those who are of the opinion that the club is in many ways taking the p***, changing the date of meeting / agenda at short notice & taking an inordinate length of time to produce minutes. 

I do think it is time for some ground rules to be set, both for the benefit and convenience of our representatives, and to try to regain the confidence of the fans in the process.  I fear the Forum is in danger of falling into disrepute after the latest farces, with LdT apparently contradicting what had been publicly stated by RD during the "takeover" meeting, and now these much delayed minutes.  If producing minutes within 72h is really too difficult, perhaps they should revert to issuing a video of the meeting as soon as it has finished?

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    Firstly, my thanks to the fans who attend these meetings - I'm sure every one of you could find a more enjoyable way to spend an evening.  

I agree that it is important fans continue to attend; I'm certain the club would be only too grateful to share even less with their "customers" if given the excuse.

However, I also agree with those who are of the opinion that the club is in many ways taking the p***, changing the date of meeting / agenda at short notice & taking an inordinate length of time to produce minutes. 

I do think it is time for some ground rules to be set, both for the benefit and convenience of our representatives, and to try to regain the confidence of the fans in the process.  I fear the Forum is in danger of falling into disrepute after the latest farces, with LdT apparently contradicting what had been publicly stated by RD during the "takeover" meeting, and now these much delayed minutes.  If producing minutes within 72h is really too difficult, perhaps they should revert to issuing a video of the meeting as soon as it has finished?

Video? Wasn’t that what Daisy promised and it never happened? 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    N01R4M said:

It happened once. Another mistake!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    minutes will be available 48-72 hrs
    Are we supposed to take any notice of you?
    I am one of the more reliable posters !!!! 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    N01R4M said:

A mistake for the regime, who showed themselves up royally - hence the lack of a repeat of the experiment! 

To be fair, it was not a time-efficient way for fans to discover what had been discussed / decided, but it certainly was an eye-opener in other ways...
  • Options
    Image result for box ticking gif
  • Options
    Boycott. And demonstrate.
    Direct action. Agitprop.
    That's all we have.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Think this is overly harsh to be honest. Having said that I do think that the FF representatives need to get a bit tougher and start telling the club what’s what and what the fans expect of them. At present it seems like the club are taking the piss really.
    "Need to get a bit tougher"

We have had 5 years plus of this c*** taking the p***!
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

This lot share nothing, ffs dturkey could not even be bothered to attend.
  • Options
    So am I.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    N01R4M said:

I didn't know wether to laugh or cry when Mandy started gushing over KM!
  • Options
    So am I.
    We need a survey to resolve this......anyone?