Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans Forum part deux - Mon 4 March 2019

Comments

• Options
    What what a crock of shit. We are fucked. 
    This x 100
  • Options
    I said it last week. We are in big big trouble. I think this season is the best and possibly only chance we will get at promotion for quite some time. The squad next season will be mid table league one at best. 
  • Options
    Good news on Bows and JJ contracts. SG comes across as very impressive.

Just sounds as if we are not to be sold anytime soon.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Presumably a big part of TD's ongoing role is to identify players to sell off to help balance the books, then?
  • Options
    I said it last week. We are in big big trouble. I think this season is the best and possibly only chance we will get at promotion for quite some time. The squad next season will be mid table league one at best. 
    I don’t think we are in big trouble, which is actually worse. We will keep dripping along, slowly but surely shrinking, losing another generation. We’ll be funded enough to ‘compete’, but never well run or progressive enough to move forward and by the time it gets really serious the vast majority of the heart and passion for the club would have faded, if not gone completely to most.

i agree with you on this season.
    Christ that's depressing....but correct
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    So we had a fans forum mon night.Now tues afternoon.  What are trying to cover up??
    Nothing but agree there could have something said.

Spoke to the Bromley Addicks rep who said very little said about takeover and certainly nothing new. LdT loyally trotting out the RD party line about the EFL to universal disagreement and derision from FF reps.

Lots on the transfer window from our defacto director of football Steve Gallen.

Too much for me to summarize but hope it will be in the minutes and soon.
    What's with the beef between Razil and Henry? 
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    So we had a fans forum mon night.Now tues afternoon.  What are trying to cover up??
    Nothing but agree there could have something said.

Spoke to the Bromley Addicks rep who said very little said about takeover and certainly nothing new. LdT loyally trotting out the RD party line about the EFL to universal disagreement and derision from FF reps.

Lots on the transfer window from our defacto director of football Steve Gallen.

Too much for me to summarize but hope it will be in the minutes and soon.
    What's with the beef between Razil and Henry? 
    What's that got to do with the price of cabbage?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just amazingly ridiculous that Driesen is still involved. 
  • Options
    This lunatic needs to sell. 
  • Options

Still no minutes up,why do people keep the fans sitting in the dark so long.

What has the club got to hide.

• Options
    I don’t think we are in big trouble, which is actually worse. We will keep dripping along, slowly but surely shrinking, losing another generation. We’ll be funded enough to ‘compete’, but never well run or progressive enough to move forward and by the time it gets really serious the vast majority of the heart and passion for the club would have faded, if not gone completely to most.

Sadly I also agree. We can't keep producing "nuggets" from the academy to either fill the gaps when RD doesn't want yo spend any money or to sell for a few million to fund the losses every year.  We will be like Leyton Orient who got progressively weaker & weaker over a 10 year period & now find themselves on non-league. The 2020's are going to be very tough until RD goes.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Good news on Bows and JJ contracts. SG comes across as very impressive.

Just sounds as if we are not to be sold anytime soon.
    I don’t read that as good news. Until they have signed new deals everything is still up in the air.
  • Options

Still no minutes up,why do people keep the fans sitting in the dark so long.

What has the club got to hide.

The minutes are up, on the official site.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Just amazingly ridiculous that Driesen is still involved. 
    Indeed.

Apropos of nothing, has anyone seen that film where somebody gets their face rearranged with a cricket bat?
  • Options
    So who’s who were the players he named last night then I wonder 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Which is surely reason to support groups like CARD, ROT, WAR, so that we don't just accept a slow death because "it's the owners cloob and the fans must accept it."

I guess it just raises an eyebrow that you say this whilst at the same time saying the things you have on the CARD statement thread. They don't seem at all consistent if you want to avoid the awful scenario you describe. 
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:
    So who’s who were the players he named last night then I wonder 
    Out of the £27k p/w of the three players combined, it can only be Vetokele, Sarr, and Bauer.

Out of the ones who are out of contract and won’t be offered a new deal, Marshall, Vetokele, possibly even Reeves going wouldn’t surpriss me unfortunately.

Obvious ones they want to keep are Aribo and Forster-Caskey. Players like Bauer, Fosu, and Williams could be dependent on what league we are in.

That’s just off the top of my head. 
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I think the point about high wage players leaving is that it made it hard to set sensible levels for new contracts thus a forever inflating the wage bill bonkers for League 1. Therefore we must assume it’s any players in Championship wages. Sarr is aninteresting one, but agree re Vetokele, and sadly Bauer too.
  • Options
    But what can CARD, ROT,WAR do to make the owner sell if as we no he is stubborn and has no business acumen when it comes to football. He is already putting £6-£7 million pounds in to the club every season and that is not making him sell quick at any price. If every home fan boycotts, then that would increase the loss by about £1 million extra, I doubt that is going to worry him. If as many say or feel he is mad then that will make it doubly so.
    I fear it can only be a slow death for the club.
  • Options
    Ajose
  • Options
    edited March 2019

• Options
    msomerton said:
    But what can CARD, ROT,WAR do to make the owner sell if as we no he is stubborn and has no business acumen when it comes to football. He is already putting £6-£7 million pounds in to the club every season and that is not making him sell quick at any price. If every home fan boycotts, then that would increase the loss by about £1 million extra, I doubt that is going to worry him. If as many say or feel he is mad then that will make it doubly so.
    RD himself has pointed to the protests as a reason he wants out. Timing and price has always been out of protesters' hands, but given how the graffiti prompted such an extreme response it's pretty clear that without protest a slow death is a certainty.

He's clearly trying to recoup his losses in the price but equally he can't keep putting it up and it's costing him ca. £0.5-1m a month. If the price has been £40m for over a year, then his value from a sale has reduced by the extent of the losses in that time. If it's about optimal value, then those losses have to be taken into account. And action that exacerbates that to any degree surely speeds the time before the tipping point is reached. The land value won't significantly appreciate without change of use permission. 
  • Options
    If Sarr, Vetokele, Bauer and Ajose wages are off the payroll it would make the balance sheet look a whole lot better.

I even get Rolly’s point in not signing the out of contract player.

What is wrong, is it should be Bows decisions. He is the best man to decide who stays and who goes bases on his budget.
  • Options
    rikofold said:
    msomerton said:
    RD himself has pointed to the protests as a reason he wants out. Timing and price has always been out of protesters hands, but given how the graffiti prompted such an extreme response it's pretty clear that without protest a slow death is a certainty.

He's clearly trying to recoup his losses in the price but equally he can't keep putting it up and it's costing him £1m a month.
    I personally don't think that's the real reason.

He thought he could make money through a Network approach that could exploit FFP and possibly maintain the club via the academy, the failure of both the first two has been well documented, and probably promoted the collapse of the third. The result can be seen in his outburst that the EFL should take on the club partly because in loosening FFP it moved the goal posts making losses bigger because owners could put more loans in. His mistake now is to think he can walk away without writing off his losses brought about by his own business mistakes which include buying a loss making business, that is tied to the business model is designed for.

That being said protests have their value, and he should not be given an easy ride and the idea that he could mess up and hang about forever acting as reminder.