Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Women’s World Cup

Comments

• Options
    Gotta feel for the keeper 
  • Options
    Can't believe that, we'll be retaking penalties every time at this rate, she was barely off the line. France getting lucky break.
  • Options
    France certainly lucky there. Nigeria have played solidly, don't think France are the threat I initially thought... 

That penalty retake was BS. Complete bollocks
  • Options
    I'm confused, that rule about staying on the line has been ignored for years.
    Yet that's the second time at least a penalty has been retaken in this tournament.
    Is this going to happen in all games in the champions League when VAR is used ?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Nug said:
    Can't believe that, we'll be retaking penalties every time at this rate, she was barely off the line. France getting lucky break.
    No problem with it if every penalty kick is judged in same way but they are not. Go through the pens missed or saved in this tournament and you will see keepers doing the same or more than the Nigerian girl and getting no punishment.
  • Options
    Nug said:
    But she was off her line, so it has to ne retaken by the laws of the game, doesnt matter if its 5mm or 5 yards.
  • Options
    TBF to France they have only conceded 1 goal and that was the comical own goal.
    Who every beats France will win the WC.
    Could well be USA.
    Rule 1 peak in semi final and Final.
  • Options
    I don't agree - USA will probably beat France if they play them but England, Germany and Holland would have a good chance against them too.
  • Options
    France win good for Scotland - If they beat Argentina by two goals they will be a better third place team than Nigeria!
  • Options
    VAR is ridiculous. They've used it to have that pen retaken, and then completely ignored the fact that there was massive, obvious encroachment in the box from the French players before the pen was taken. Why is the keeper penalised for being off the line but nothing for the encroachment? Other than the fact that the World Cup is taking place in France. Add to that the outrageously blatant pen Scotland should have got against Japan that didn't even go to VAR for no apparent reason and the same old problems with the wrong decisions being made still exist, there's just even less justification for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2019
    That was particularly hard on Scotland given the penalty they conceded against England. Actually, Scotland win 1-0 and they are better than Nigeria in terms of third place.
  • Options
    I agree that there are 5 potential winners, but I disagree when you say France aren't that good defensively. In their last 14 games they have conceded 6 goals and we will only know how good they are when the quarters come along. Only saw Second half but like England against Argentina they only had their B game on show.

• Options
    edited June 2019
    I think they haven't been tested but the France defenders haven'y impressed me from what I have seen. I can see USA scoring 3 or more against them. A big issue is their keeper isn't that good. Wait until she has something challenging to deal with.
  • Options
    Incredible Zola backheel + save in Italy/Brazil just now, plus loads of extremely violent fouls. Best quality game so far already 
  • Options
    Only let down by some of the most sleep-inducing commentary I've ever heard. I don't know who the woman commentating is but she sounds like she's juuuuust on the verge of dropping off as she speaks
  • Options
    Can Italy take their fantastic and unexpected form Into the KO rounds ?
    This have been the most even contest so far with great skill and some crunching tackles. Great skill shown by the Italian forward but clearly off side.
  • Options
    It's a Phil Neville tribute act!
  • Options
    Superlative counter by Italy and another great save
  • Options
    Only let down by some of the most sleep-inducing commentary I've ever heard. I don't know who the woman commentating is but she sounds like she's juuuuust on the verge of dropping off as she speaks
    The sound on my TV isn't great but unfortunately its making her lisp sound worst. She is very knowledgeable but...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m fortunate to be watching it on RTE & the commentary is pretty good. 

One thing I don’t get, from a woman whose has done sport over the years, the full face of makeup?

The last thing I would be worried about as I’m running around like a mad thing, sweating my tits off, was whether my mascara was on point?

• Options
    Absolute joke of a decision there 
  • Options
    Let's see if they VAR the keeper (foot looked on the line to me)
  • Options
    Definite penalty. It is football not rugby!
  • Options
    I’m fortunate to be watching it on RTE & the commentary is pretty good. 

One thing I don’t get, from a woman whose has done sport over the years, the full face of makeup?

The last thing I would be worried about as I’m running around like a mad thing, sweating my tits off, was whether my mascara was on point?

The only two English players that wear the full make up  is Greenwood and Duggan.
    They are both Scousers and it is a strange look on a Football field.
  • Options
    Ludicrous free-kick award there too. These refs are abysmal 
  • Options
    I don't agree - USA will probably beat France if they play them but England, Germany and Holland would have a good chance against them too.
    If England / France / United States win their Groups then potentially

Quarter Finals: France v United States
    Semi Finals: England v the winners
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Leuth said:
    Ludicrous free-kick award there too. These refs are abysmal 
    I think the refs are much better than 4 years ago. It's quite obvious to see the remit they have been given. To implement the keepers staying on the line for pens and some of these female refs are working with VAR for the first time. The Lino's being told to wait is fine if it's close but when someone's 10 yards off side it gets tedious to wait.
  • Options
    Had to look twice to realise what she was kissing...

• Options
    Get in