Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most obvious 10/10 displays for Charlton

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Allan Simonsen when we smashed Chelsea 5-2 in 1983, Simonsen running rings around Chelsea and scoring two. Also, Jimmy Melrose's hat-trick against Everton in 1986.
  • Options
    Four players in one match: Humphrey, Mackenzie, Lee & Crooks against West Ham on 12th March 1988.
    Charlton won 3-0
    Crooks scored Charlton's 1000th goal in the top division.

Lennie Lawrence: 'We have had more memorable wins - as at old Trafford - but this has to be the best display in my five and a half years here.'
    That was a good thrashing and by far the best game I saw Steve Gritt have. West Ham couldn't get near us that day and Lennie was right, it was brilliant.
  • Options
    Lyle Taylor v Blackpool 16th Feb 2019
    Your time machine is broken.
  • Options
    ashley said:
    Rob Elliot away against Bournemouth towards end of his last season with us . Nil all draw but should have been at least 5 to them but for his saves 
    It was 2-2 wasn't it?
  • Options
    Bielik yesterday
  • Options
    Aribo yesterday
  • Options
    Millwank away in the snow. 
    Kim Grant  zero to hero.

Always love him for those two goals .
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I find it hard to give 10/10...

That implies every shot on target, not a pass or header out of place, or a tackle missed. Which is pretty much impossible over 90 minutes.

Away from Charlton, I gave David Beckham 9.5 in the World Cup qualifier against Greece.

The nearest to a 10 has to be Dean Kiely in the televised game against Birmingham. I still say his save from Dugarry is the greatest I've ever seen. Including the late, great Gordon Banks' against Pele...