Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most obvious 10/10 displays for Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Martin Pringle in the 4-0 win at Norwich away 1999/2000. Hunt got a hat-trick but it was Pringle that ran their defence ragged creating chance after chance.
  • Options
    I echo the Parker ones. 

Dont think Southampton away has been mentioned. We ended up losing but never should have. Parker helped set up 3/4 decent chances and scored 2 blinders 
    Was just about to list this myself. Epic performance (from Parker) and live on the box.
  • Options
    Ones that stand out from me

Rufus away to Spurs 2001 first game back from Injury Charlton won 1-0 Chris Powell

Fish away to Chelsea 2001 Charlton won 1-0 Kevin Lisbie

Mark Kinsella most of the 98-99 relegation season 

Mendonca - Play off final

Kiely vs Birmingham 03/04 Season

Parker vs Chelsea 03/04 Season

Bowyer away to Wimbledon 95/96 Season
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Parker v Chelsea Boxing Day 2003.

Start of our decline arguably as Chelsea stole him the following month.
    Funny enough, I was thinking Paolo di Canio in that game.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Charlie Wright at Oxford when we won 1-0 - he saved a penalty and a lot more
  • Options
    John Barnes at West Ham away. He hardly moved out of the centre circle but he dictated play. 
  • Options
    Tucidean vs Derby
  • Options
    Not confident on this one but I remember Diego Poyet at the height of his powers vs QPR, but it could just be that big tackle at the end for Adjaravic's shot to set up the corner for Jacko to win it.

In the 4-0 home win vs Man City, longer ago but I remember Kinsella being at/close to perfection that day.
  • Options
    Johnny Summers 5 goals against Huddersfielsd and Willie Duff in a cup tie at Molineaux,I am not sure of year,but this was the best goalkeeping display I have seen from a Charlton Keeper although we lost 2-1 after scoring first.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Hunt vs Stockport in 1999/2000 home or away, take your pick.
  • Options
    Andy Hunt vs Stockport in 1999/2000 home or away, take your pick.
    Surprised that's not been mentioned already. Good shout. 
  • Options
    Bob Boulder in the 0 0 at Old Trafford
  • Options
    I echo the Parker ones. 

Dont think Southampton away has been mentioned. We ended up losing but never should have. Parker helped set up 3/4 decent chances and scored 2 blinders 
    Seem to remember SKY naming him as Man of the Match

Still recall the interview they did with him afterwards saying how good his two goals were

Parker on the other hand didnt give a toss as they hadnt gotten us the three points
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Nicky Johns v Chelsea 1983 1-1

Bob Bolder v Manchester Utd at Old Trafford, New Year's Day 1988 0-0

Rob Elliott v Barnet in the FA Cup Replay 1-0 (should've lost about 1-6)

Scott Parker v Chelsea, Boxing Day 4-2

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Kermorgant away at Leicester, we won 2-1 and Haynes scored a great goal that night too.

Many of Leicester's team and squad that night have gone on to play in the Premier League, be internationals and a handful also won the league with Leicester. Only four of ours from that night has played in the Premier League since, Hamer, Button, Kermorgant and Stephens, with the latter being the only one of them to play regularly.
  • Options
    I seem to recall Colin Powell running rings round Ian Gillard, who, I think, had just won an England cap. Can anyone confirm that?
  • Options
    George Lapslie this season v Portsmouth.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chizz said:
    Running through a number of games, trying to find some sparkles in the dirt.  And can't help the inner voice beginning to hum "Dennis, in the last minute, Dennis, in the last minute..." 
    IIRC he was absolutely awful that every day until the 94th minute!

• Options
    Rufus in both games against Newcastle in Jan 97, keegan's last game and dalglish's first. I don't remember shearer (probably the best player in the country at the time) being allowed to even see the goal, let alone have a shot, at any point in those 2 games right up till the free kick he scored in extra time in the replay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lyle Taylor v Blackpool 16th Feb 2019
  • Options
    DiCanio 4-2 vs Chelsea... Vividly remember him taking absolute liberties that day
  • Options
    Parker in our 4-2 Boxing Day win v Chelsea, ultimately both Lampard and Makelele both substituted and the bid followed 
    The second one that came to mind, the first and will always be for me was Illic V Birmingham....he was unbelievable that day, game ended 0-0, Brum finished 7th, the get away from the ground was swift luckily we escaped any bother, though we didn't go back to the pub we went into before the game....we were the only Charlton in there before KO.
  • Options
    Peter Shirtliff Vs Leeds at St Andrews in 1987.
  • Options
    rina said:
    Rufus in both games against Newcastle in Jan 97, keegan's last game and dalglish's first. I don't remember shearer (probably the best player in the country at the time) being allowed to even see the goal, let alone have a shot, at any point in those 2 games right up till the free kick he scored in extra time in the replay
    That wouldnt have been '97 surely? - that was the year we got promoted to the Premier League and didnt come up against Newcastle in the FA Cup (Although only remember a 4-2 win over Nottingham Forest at the Valley in the 3rd Round that year)
  • Options
    rina said:
    That wouldnt have been '97 surely? - that was the year we got promoted to the Premier League and didnt come up against Newcastle in the FA Cup (Although only remember a 4-2 win over Nottingham Forest at the Valley in the 3rd Round that year)
    97/98 was Forest. 4-1 in the cup, 4-2 in the league over Forest that season. I remember Bassett saying we were lucky and we wouldn't have beaten them like that if they'd had all their big names available.

He was right, they managed 1 more when we thumped them again a couple of months later in the league!
  • Options
    rina said:
    97/98 was Forest. 4-1 in the cup, 4-2 in the league over Forest that season. I remember Bassett saying we were lucky and we wouldn't have beaten them like that if they'd had all their big names available.

He was right, they managed 1 more when we thumped them again a couple of months later in the league!
    Cheers, now trying to remember if I was at both Cup and Leagues games, was definitely at the former and think I was at the latter as took advantage of plenty of ticket offers (would either only pay £1 or £4 as a U18) - Going to so many in the end was what allowed me to be slightly further up the allocation for the Play-Off Final
  • Options
    Bradley Pritchard Vs Watford (3-4 game) NYD 2013, the geezer was attacking defending scrambling away from corners, colossal performance.
  • Options
    Peter Reeves anytime he played against Rodney Marsh.