Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood v Charlton | Sat 02 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    When asked, at this morning's press conference, if Parker would make his debut tomorrow, Bowyer said: “It’s a possibility. We’ve got training this morning and we’ll look at where he is.”
    Bowyer said: “Igor will be on the bench. Josh Cullen is already back. George Lapslie is back now, he played 90 minutes on Tuesday. Reeco (Hackett-Fairchild) has had a full week’s training under his belt. The back four, nothing has changed there, they are all good. I’m happy with what I have at the moment.”

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c5429a437cc5/bowyer-on-vetokeles-return-to-fitness-parkers-debut-and-hackett-fairchilds-opportunity
  • Options
    Fleetwood ? Charlton 0
  • Options
    Comfortable away win 4-0.
  • Options
    I have no idea of the score but we really should have the ball more than the opposition with our midfield.
    All six of them should !
  • Options
    I think Parker may start.

Our defense and midfield are solid and we're very hard to score against.

1-1
  • Options
    At Leicester East services, nice and sunny here, quite nice actually!

Really surprised Igor is in the squad for tomorrow, I hope he isn't being rushed back.
  • Options
    Parker to win our hearts with a blinder.
    1:0
  • Options

At Leicester East services, nice and sunny here, quite nice actually!

Really surprised Igor is in the squad for tomorrow, I hope he isn't being rushed back.

I suppose it helped that he was able to play 45mins the other day so should manage less than that on Saturday if needed
  • Options
    Clearly we have a problem on the striker front, but apart from that it's a fairly solid and settled side.

We should be hard to break down, we have not conceded for 3 matches, it just a matter of sticking it in the net at the other end.

Screams 0-0, but I think team Bowyer is going to nick this 0-, Cullen or Williams, bollocks both of them 0-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc-west said:

Good preview, as ever. Despite losing Grant I think we can do this. Our defence and attacking midfield have been outstanding. Thought RHF looked good in his cameo last week and hope he can step up this week with some help from Williams, Fosu and Reeves. 1-2.

Remind me - how many goals have our 'attacking midfielders' scored this season. Any kind of result (that comes our way) will be good.

• Options
    Anyone would think I was ITK :wink: It was a rogue snow shower earlier BTW :sunglasses:
  • Options
    Not optimistic and as I'm going, even less so. Can't see where the goals are coming from.

1-0, Parker off the bench to score in the last minute.

Into the wrong net.
  • Options
    Parker pens it...1-0 to the travelling Addicks
  • Options

Not optimistic and as I'm going, even less so. Can't see where the goals are coming from.

1-0, Parker off the bench to score in the last minute.

Into the wrong net.

Leon Best managed that ignomy away at Blackburn last season when we were holding out quite nicely before eventually going down 0-2.
  • Options
    Having stormed the late transfer window to bolster our already top heavy strike force, I expect us to score 0...

0-0
  • Options
    Full preview from myself later this evening but for now, Parker will start and we won’t go two games running again without scoring, last time we done that was Peterborough and Fleetwood back in August. Can’t see it repeating itself tomorrow.
  • Options
    After last week's 4-2-3-1 with Grant isolated in the lone striker role, I can't see Bowyer wanting to do that again - he likes 2 up front working in tandem.

I reckon Reeeco, after he's effective cameo last week, is certain to start and, if fit, he'll start with Parker for his strength and experience.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    0-1 win, keep hoping
  • Options
    Absolutely no idea how to call this one. Will the transfer windo have demotivated or galvanised? Will our five man midfield of skilful midgets run rings round our laboured hosts? Can Reeco or Parker or Wilbeforce be able to find the net? Not a scooby doo.

Good preview as always.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh go on then 0-1 Parker late on.
  • Options
    From here on until May we need Fosu to step up. A good few months from him, and we could still nick second spot. Need Sunderland to go on a bad run. F\wood 0 Addicks 2 ( Beilik and Reeves ). COYR
  • Options
    It would be like signing a new player, but you have to play him and hope he finds form.
  • Options
    masicat said:

From here on until May we need Fosu to step up. A good few months from him, and we could still nick second spot. Need Sunderland to go on a bad run. F\wood 0 Addicks 2 ( Beilik and Reeves ). COYR

My Sunderland mate thinks they *are* on a bad run as they keep drawing.
  • Options
    So, if we get a pen tomorrow who will (or should) take it. Front 2 not around & only other player to score a pen in the league is Fosu.......and he might not be on the pitch at the time (probably a sub imo)

Williams ??
    Cullen ??
    Reeves ??
    Parker ?? (again, if on the pitch as he could be a sub as well)

or a random one.....Beliek ??
  • Options

So, if we get a pen tomorrow who will (or should) take it. Front 2 not around & only other player to score a pen in the league is Fosu.......and he might not be on the pitch at the time (probably a sub imo)

Williams ??
    Cullen ??
    Reeves ??

I'm sure they will be practising penalties in training.
    Whoever is best out of that lot I havnt a clue
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Williams ??
    Cullen ??
    Reeves ??

Out of those four midfielders, if Parker not on the pitch, it would have to be Reeves on career league goals scored who has 30. The others have hardly found the net between them which does not auger well for them being expected to contribute more towards our goals scored column from open play.
  • Options
    Fleetwood 2 Charlton 0
  • Options

Might be in the minority but wouldn't be too bad if this game was called off, other than for the loyal 300 who would have to go up there midweek.

The manager has no doubt been working his nuts off but not on the training ground
    Manager and team probably a bit deflated and gives them a week to pick themselves up
    Another week for Igor to get fit
    Another week for Aribo to get fit
    Another week for Parker to learn how we play
    Think I would prefer a makeshift forward line in home games when we are likely to attack more

If the game is on tomorrow I don't have a good feeling 0-2.

Nope I'm definitely of this opinion.

i.e. What are conditions like in that part of the country at the moment; I'd be shocked if there wasnt some kind of inspection needed for tomorrow

Its not exactly one of the better grounds at this level in terms of keeping out the adverse weather so would hope its announced / done before the fans leave home
    Went past the ground today, and I cant comment on the ground itself but the surrounding areas are fine so I'd imagine it will be on