Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton v Portsmouth 29/1/19

123457»

Comments

• Options
    some good stuff on here .. all in all we are in for an interesting and hopefully exciting late winter and spring .. ME? .. I'd go for boring and mundane so long as we get promoted come May .. Come on Youse Addicksssssaaaaa (:>)
  • Options
    I would say we have improved defensively over the season. It is a worry that we are currently going into our next two games without Grant and Taylor. We can't afford to slip up in these as this is the point where a good run could elevate us into the automatics.
  • Options
    wins against fleetwood and southend as will be a serious contender
  • Options
    We need Fosu playing well again, as he's been very disappointing this season. I'm reminded that last season he scored a hattrick at Fleetwood and was unplayable
  • Options

We need Fosu playing well again, he's been very disappointing this season. I'm reminded that last season he scored a hattrick at Fleetwood and was unplayable

indeed .. I was at that game, he was, as you say, unstoppable, especially for the third, he'd've run through a brick wall for that ..
    Bowyer needs to play him down the middle and not out wide where he tends to faff about far too much .. give him the ball in space and let him run .. like a lot of talented youngish players, his form is VERY inconsistent but when he's hot (all too rarely lately) he's scorching
  • Options
    I'm sure we all remember the Wendies fans anticipating our loss of form in the promotion season. I think the same could go for Luton this season.
  • Options

Pompey are bottling it big time, thought at the start of the season the favourites for autos were Barnsley and Sunderland and I think that's what looks most likely. Be amazed if Luton don't have a bad run

Luton, unfortunately, are showing no signs whatsoever of having a "bad run" - they have the strongest overall squad in the Division, are unbeaten in 17 League games (and only conceded 9 goals on that run) and are also undefeated at home all season.

Their remaining games are:

Charlton (4th) - A
    Doncaster (7th) - H
    Blackpool (8th) - H
    Wycombe (9th) - H

Fleetwood (10th) - A
    Coventry (11th) - H
    Burton (13th) - A
    Accrington (15th) - A
    Plymouth (17th) - A

Gillingham (18th) -H
    Shrewsbury (19th) - A
    Oxford (20th) -H
    Bradford (21st) - A
    Rochdale (22nd) -H
    Bristol Rovers (23rd) - A
    Wimbledon (24th) -H

So they have all of the bottom 8 and only us of the top 6 still to play. Bet every one of their rivals would like to be in that position.

That leaves us, Barnsley, Portsmouth and Sunderland fighting for the one automatic place and of those Barnsley, unbeaten in 9, are the form side.

So, for me, it's Luton and Barnsley to occupy the top two slots. Hopefully we can carry on the momentum into the play offs because the form team going into those, more times than not, are successful.

On the flipside that could be a very difficult run, a lot of those teams will be fighting for league one status so won't give up easily. Depending on when other teams player top6 sides it could be an easier game, say for instance a side like Sunderland secure play offs and know they are just out of reach of the autos they will be planning ahead compared to an Oxford side who would need the 3 points.

Haven't looked at all the run ins but one thing for certain about this league is that no win is certain and if they don't have a drop in form that would be incredible
    That's some fixture pile up though in 20 days.