Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• Options

I think play Fosu up top with grant and Williams at number 10, try to get the ball in behind their defence as those 3 have the pace to cause anyone issues.

The only logical decision. Naby upfront, perleaseee.
  • Options

I think play Fosu up top with grant and Williams at number 10, try to get the ball in behind their defence as those 3 have the pace to cause anyone issues.

The only logical decision. Naby upfront, perleaseee.
    Forget it.

Bowyer won't mess with a now settled defence. Especially with Pearce injured.

• Options
    Either Fosu and Grant as split strikers with Williams as a false 9 or 4-1-4-1 is how I would go with the players we have. You could set the latter up as 4-2-3-1 with Cullen and Beilk at the base in a tougher game or for the last 20.

With Reeves, Cullen and Williams in the side you shouldn't need a "target" man as long as there are runners, Fosu and Aribo, to get passed them and support Grant.
  • Options
    Maybe Accrington have a striker they could lend us on a short term basis?
  • Options

Maybe Accrington have a striker they could lend us on a short term basis?

Christ no thanks... not with the way they were taking their chances whenever one fell their way
  • Options
    When will we find out the result of the appeal of the red card?
  • Options

When will we find out the result of the appeal of the red card?

I think I can tell you right now.

• Options
    Peterborough submitted an appeal for their centre back who got sent Saturday, doubt he’ll get off to be honest. So I’d imagine we’ve sent ours today too.
  • Options

addick05 said:

thenewbie said:

I see what you are saying but I think that combative, aggressive side to him is what makes him effective - yes he gets wound up but does plenty of winding up himself. Take that away from him and I think he'd lose some of what makes him so good. A spell on the sidelines is the price he (and we) pay for that.

I realise that too.....but it’s a real problem that needs addressing in some way....Jacko must have a word at the very least, although you’d have thought he would have already.
    Not really Bow’s field of expertise........if you get my drift!

Oddly, after being spoken to by the ref before the corner I commented to my mate that he needed to come off the keeper. Having said that, I still don't know what he did wrong.
    I didn't see it, but I have been told that the second he and the keeper went to ground, he did a little kick out at the keeper. This was before their players rushed in. If true, we haven't got much chance of winning an appeal, but I haven't seen it in any of the footage.
    I don't know how the appeal procedure works but I would think that the club would see the referees report of the incident and would decide if the appeal had any chance of success.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Confirmed that we've appealed and expecting the result Thursday.
  • Options
    Reeves could also play the false 9 role!
  • Options

Finger's (and everything else) crossed!! Based on past experience not filled with too much confidence, these cards are rarely overturned, reflects badly on the match officials.

Wonder if Accrington are appealing the keeper's red card?

As an aside will the FA / EFL do anything about the stamping and kicking of Lyle?

• Options

Don't get why it has to take until Thursday. What else are the FA doing this week that they can 't review it tomorrow or Wednesday? It'll take 10 minutes.

Bowyer has to prepare all week for Peterborough then potentially have his plans fucked up on Thursday.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

Wonder if Accrington are appealing the keeper's red card?

They would have had to lodge an appeal by 1pm today.

Just checked the Accrington Stanley OS - but no mention.

• Options
    I thought if an appeal failed there was an added suspension of another 1 or 2 games?
  • Options

I thought if an appeal failed there was an added suspension of another 1 or 2 games?

No, not normally, Lancs.

Only if deemed 'frivolous'. As we've already found out to our cost some years ago.

• Options

Don't get why it has to take until Thursday. What else are the FA doing this week that they can 't review it tomorrow or Wednesday? It'll take 10 minutes.

Bowyer has to prepare all week for Peterborough then potentially have his plans fucked up on Thursday.
    10 minutes ? We've been reviewing it for 2 days and still no consensus :smile:
  • Options
    Ill be surprised if it’s overturned you can clearly see Taylor kicking out at the keeper before all the hand bags started!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

Ill be surprised if it’s overturned you can clearly see Taylor kicking out at the keeper before all the hand bags started!

Your not the only one, several of us have noticed it and even stated the time of the incident in the Sky highlights of the match yet some people still say can't see what he did wrong. I admit that if you blink you might miss it but if I was an optician in South East London I'd be rubbing my hands :wink: .
  • Options
    I didn’t see it but agree if he did and that’s what the Lino/ref reported chance of overturning it is close to zero.
  • Options
    Watched the highlights on Quest and its pretty inconclusive. We've not had a sending off rescinded in my lifetime as far as im aware though, so best get Fosu ready to play up top on Saturday. COYA
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

Your not the only one, several of us have noticed it and even stated the time of the incident in the Sky highlights of the match yet some people still say can't see what he did wrong. I admit that if you blink you might miss it but if I was an optician in South East London I'd be rubbing my hands :wink: .
    If they read this, at least the EFL will know what to look for :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ross1 said:

RedChaser said:

Greenie said:

If they read this, at least the EFL will know what to look for :smiley:
    If the three person Commission (disciplinary panel) have got anything about them they wont need our help...……… hang on a minute scrap that :wink: .
  • Options
    Kyle mustn't change a thing, despite being a card magnet, as aggression is a big part of his game. I was wondering how Killer would get on in this day and age? Blimey!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    wmcf123 said:

I met LB today; seemed confident of it being overturned. Really enjoyed our brief conversation- an ordinary guy who was genuinely interested in my coaching

Hope you told him that you thought Purrington was a cross between Seabourne and Tiler :wink: .
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

No, not normally, Lancs.

Only if deemed 'frivolous'. As we've already found out to our cost some years ago.

Strange that it has stuck as a memory and i remember this happening to Osei Sankofa when i was about 12. I couldn't point him out if he stood in front of me