Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• Options
    _nam11 said:

It’ll be outrageous if Taylor’s card remains then
  • Options
    EFL are truly wankers.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Valley11 said:

_nam11 said:

It’ll be outrageous if Taylor’s card remains then
    It does, appeal unsuccessful

• Options
    Sollied said:

Finley charged with violent conduct

That's the thug scumbag No. 14 that stamped on Lyle Taylor's head, for those, like me, not familiar with the names of the Accrington squad (I googled so you don't have to).
  • Options
    What did Taylor actually do then?
  • Options
    So I guess Taylor got thrown to the floor and kicked out

Wouldnt have kicked out had Maxtead not thrown him to the floor so surely his suspension should remain too?
  • Options
    Tbf I didn't see the goalie do anything that warranted a sending off.
    I did see Taylor kick one of their players.

Nice one Lyall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

EFL are truly wankers.

I did ask on the post match thread if we had to prove innocence or not Looks like is guilty unless proved otherwise.....
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Scoham said:
    That's a fucking joke, but this is the FA disciplinary process we're talking about so utterly predictable. The system seems particularly adept as fucking us over every time we dip our toe into engagement with it.

At least they've decided early so we have a couple of extra days to get a loan in.
  • Options

Nice one Lyall.

Lyle kicked out at the Goalkeeper after the latter threw him to the floor

Thats not nothing from their GK!!
  • Options
    At least the ban doesn't appear to have been increased for a frivolous appeal for a change.

Not sure how theirs is rescinded and ours isn't but if Charlton can be shafted in these matters they will be it seems.

Move on it was always going to be the case.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I think we can gather from the few that saw something that before the Accringtom players steamed in, Taylor and their keeper went down. I think Taylor had a little kick out on the ground - nothing major but this possibly started the reaction from the Accrington players. Watching the video, it looks like the camera misses most of it, but there is something there. Anyway, three games, we have to work through this. We can't replace him, we have to pose different types of threat!

Had they not steamed in, maybe it would have just been a booking, but a bit silly of Taylor.
  • Options
    Better than an injury I suppose, he will come back hungry for the run in.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I think they’ve done it to justify the Finley suspension.
    Either that or they simply don’t want to admit their officials are seriously substandard and managed to mess up 3 decisions.

Or they've solely rescinded the GK's ban because they too felt that it wasnt a penalty and are removing red card by way of an apology to Accrington
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    presumably this means that his yellow cards are reset? So he won't come back then be close to another suspension?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Nice one Lyall.

I've watched the replay about 20 times now, paused it, reversed it, tried to watch it frame by frame, best I can make out is Taylor straightening his leg in the general direction of the goalie. Doesn't appear to be much force behind it to me and I'm pretty sure he doesn't make any contact with any Accrington player. If that constitutes violent conduct then all I can say is the laws are trying to remove any emotion or aggression from the game.

The ref and lino guessed at what happened on Saturday. Because its in league one and we don't have 30 cameras pointing at the action the video evidence was insufficient to clear Taylor of anything so the FA will always side with the on field decision even though the on field decision was clearly flawed - if the ref had a clue what was actually happening Sykes and No. 14 would've suffered some consequences at the time. I think Taylor has been very harshly done by.
  • Options
    how the keepers has been cleared and lyle hasnt is beyond me
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    of the highest order
  • Options
    Mike said:

presumably this means that his yellow cards are reset? So he won't come back then be close to another suspension?

Nope his yellow cards have nothing to do with this... if he gets two yellows in his first two games back then its a further two game suspension

Think he has to reach the end of March to avoid a second ban
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Either that or they simply don’t want to admit their officials are seriously substandard and managed to mess up 3 decisions.

Or they've solely rescinded the GK's ban because they too felt that it wasnt a penalty and are removing red card by way of an apology to Accrington
    Why would they be looking at the penalty incident, that was about ten minutes later and not related.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Laddick01 said:

Why would they be looking at the penalty incident, that was about ten minutes later and not related.

Because we'd have been the only team down to 10 men at the time and so may not have been in a position to even get the penalty yet instead may have been defending the draw
  • Options

Mike said:

Nope his yellow cards have nothing to do with this... if he gets two yellows in his first two games back then its a further two game suspension

Think he has to reach the end of March to avoid a second ban
    Well that's just shite news!