Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What do we do without Taylor!? (Ed. Ban maintained)

Comments

• Options
    What's Ricardo Vaz Te up to?
  • Options
    Sign Paul Madeley - he can play anywhere.
  • Options
    Buy 'off the peg'.
  • Options

4231 away from home with Williams, Reeves and Fosu could work in the 3 and Bielik and Cullen in the defensive 2, the problem is tough on Grant as the lone Ranger striker. Unless we get someone in this may be the best option.

4231 would be a retrograde step in home matches in third tier.

Calm down, calm down soft lad.

If Fosu's on his game, the class of Williams, the pace of Grant and Reeves plays like yesterday then play the passing game (on the deck) then the nightmare of 4231 under Robinson with big Josh a blunt force up front can be forgotten.

I have always berated Charlton managers if they played only one striker and would prefer a decent 3rd striker to be signed so it's just a one off formation. Plus Taylor will probably miss 5 matches by suspension before the seasons end, so it a big priority to get a striker
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    watching the highlights of Posh v Luton looks like Luton had a lot of joy by getting down the flanks and putting low crosses in so 4,3,2, 1 may work if we can get players like Fosu into the gaps.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

I see what you are saying but I think that combative, aggressive side to him is what makes him effective - yes he gets wound up but does plenty of winding up himself. Take that away from him and I think he'd lose some of what makes him so good. A spell on the sidelines is the price he (and we) pay for that.

Kermogant was combative and aggressive but somehow managed to avoid the cards. Maybe Lyle can learn something by watching some of the Frenchman's old films.
    Yann got sent off too but he was a master at winding up the other team's players
  • Options
    I think Taylor is physically stronger than most opponents he comes up against, and he is good at using that strength. Now if you are a professional, even at this level, you can't just allow that, and you have to try to stand up to it which means there is lots of niggliness. Taylor is no angel, but the way he plays gives us an edge and you are allowed to be stronger in football.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    might as well put Fairchild up front, see if he can Hack It ((:>) .. at least he can keep their back four occupied and give Grant and the midfield some space .. one up front just will not be good enough
  • Options

Sadly, I will now have to shag my own wife .

PumpyAddick 😉
  • Options
    They have all week to train with Fozzy as a like for like replacement.
    Remember his hat trick at Fleetwood away last year.
    We will be OK.
  • Options

might as well put Fairchild up front, see if he can Hack It ((:>) .. at least he can keep their back four occupied and give Grant and the midfield some space .. one up front just will not be good enough

But look at all the different combinations at formation being used in the Premier League by top sides. I know we’re only league one, but to play Reeco, and leave out Fosu or Marshall, seems criminal. There must be a better way.
  • Options

Grant will just score more.
    Right now we are unstoppable!

Hopefully tho,them goals don't come in a Rangers shirt...soon as a poundnote is flashed into Douchtwat's face he will be gone unfortunately...obv very much hoping I'm wrong...!!
  • Options

They have all week to train with Fozzy as a like for like replacement.
    Remember his hat trick at Fleetwood away last year.
    We will be OK.

I'd start him as well as Fairchild, who t b h has not really impressed whenever I've seen his brief appearances (he still deserves a start to see if he really is any good or needs moving on) .. The Posh are rocking right now and we need to attack them from the off and keep on attacking them
  • Options

Sadly, I will now have to shag my own wife .

But will Lyle be watching?
  • Options
    Fosu could do a job up front couldn't he, with all his goalscoring from last year?
  • Options
    Fosu could do a job but it would be a different job to Taylor. He is also not in the best of form, but he needs games to rectify that.
  • Options
    Put Bielik in back line, Curran DM and Naby up front with Grant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Karlan up front on his own will not work. A key game next week so shape and possession is important, so we need a front two. RCH may not be fit and isn't the answer anyway, and with Igor a few (couple?) Of weeks away at least, now is the time to get that loan striker in. Arsenal may be amenable as they have their big FA cup game next week and will need to be at their strongest. If they progress their fourth and fifth choices may not get chances, and if they lose they will lack game time anyway so might as well give us the option of playing them. Whoever we get in, if they do well, we can rotate the three for the rest of the season, and if not, Taylor gets his place back.
  • Options

thenewbie said:

I see what you are saying but I think that combative, aggressive side to him is what makes him effective - yes he gets wound up but does plenty of winding up himself. Take that away from him and I think he'd lose some of what makes him so good. A spell on the sidelines is the price he (and we) pay for that.

Kermogant was combative and aggressive but somehow managed to avoid the cards. Maybe Lyle can learn something by watching some of the Frenchman's old films.
    Just what I was thinking when I read the earlier comment
  • Options
    Not even joking I think we should do this! Defenders wouldn’t know how to deal with him and it would win us a lot of free kicks...just like Lyle does! Naby and Karlan are good mates too so could work!
  • Options
    Think throwing him forward for the last 15 minutes or so could be interesting but he’s not a centre forward.
  • Options

Think throwing him forward for the last 15 minutes or so could be interesting but he’s not a centre forward.

Yes, it is always worth a go as a desperation move if we are behind, but Sarr cannot replace Taylor!
  • Options
    As I said above, the closest to replicating Taylor's link play without disrupting the team too much is probably Pratley, unfortunately
  • Options
    Bowyer will need to tinker a bit with the formation - he has a week to come up with something. I think there is a chance the red card can be appealed which would be the best outcome.
  • Options

If Pearce is fit then we could do a lot worse than play Sarr as a striker for three games - although I doubt Bowyer would do it.

Those with long memories would remember a certain Alan Kernaghan regularly switching from centre-back to centre-forward whilst on loan from Boro in 1990/91.

Those with long memories probably still have nightmares about Phil Chapple playing as a striker too.
    Arthur Horsfield could play both centre forward and centre Half.

Pretty good in either position actually.
    Getting on a bit now though.
    Still a better option up front than Ajose even if he's in his 60s
  • Options
    Had the real pleasure of meeting King Arthur a few years back. Smashing bloke and true gent.