Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Accrington: 19 January 2019.

Comments

• Options
    Bell. End
  • Options

Bielik got injured by a fan in the pitch invasion. Not so clever.

Pretty sure the fan slipped and ended up twatting him in the balls. "I ran on the pitch and all I got was some balls in my face"
  • Options
    CAFCOlly said:
    "their striker assaulted (our keeper)".

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

PWR. Not seen any videos yet.

If the support chants 'lino lino, you're a c**t' it may have been a good move, because he wanted to show he wasn't by awarding the penalty!

However from memory it was a pen for handball, and he remains a c**t for the Lyall sending off.

Was whatever Lyall is supposed to have done a straight red? I don't have a clue, I can only think he kicked out after four Accrington players bundled in on him following Bauers disallowed goal. I would've thought it is worth an appeal, perhaps it was nothing, or more deserving of a yellow, but to lose Lyall for three matches is a genuine blow, as he was a wonder to behold (yet again) in that second half.

If any particular season has a theme, a plot, a leitmotiv, then for this season so far, one theme is looking to be about penalties.

Indeed leitmotiv puts me in mind of symphonies, and for a lot of the game the symphony was pastoral with some diverting solo work, but ended like the 1812 Overture, thundering and crashing everywhere.

Solly had to white knight the c**t of a lino as the Accrington players charged him with murderous intent. The veneer of their previous good character shattered as Accrington went apeshit using every trick in the book, and wanted to keep it going after the final whistle which saw Naby having to protect our players one by one, especially Williams, whilst also trying to shake opponents hands. Nobody was leaving the stadium during all that roistering. It was great, because we bloody WON!

The game had a lot going for it actually. Accrington, well organised, good ball retention, maximising what they can do, always knowing where a team mate was, and a constant threat. Dillon made two great saves to keep us in the match, an excellent performance from him which will keep the Silverhammer at bay for now. I was also impressed with the constancy of the Accrington support, small in number but more sustained than Sunderland were last match.

What about Naby eh? Naby, our Naby. He has gradually moved from a ratio of 10% good to 90% crap, and now it is around 80/20 in favour of good. However long after the memory of results fade we will still recall the exquisite moment of Naby's short long throw. Tell me you didn't laugh?

Then the penalty itself. A delay, Accrington players in his face, game into the added time, a vital result rests on it. Whatever mark anybody might be thinking of giving to Grant, he definitely gets an extra point for that penalty. Indeed if it is ever justified in giving a man of the match for one single moment, then that pressure penalty today might shift it to Karlan. Anyway his pace freaked Accrington all afternoon, and his celebration was proper wild.

Tough game.

Purrington solid and he eventually got forward enough to deliver a decent cross. I thought Solly was also standard Solly, but his experience in games like today is priceless. Bauer solid and interested. Then Sarr, who is becoming hard to describe but is easy to like. I thought he was a bit of a colossus today, notwithstanding some of his long range passing. Next time though Naby, when you charge on, just shoot man...it would bring the house down if you scored.

Williams is stupidly good, and not in a stupid way, but in an how the hell have we managed to land this fella? Pray he stays fit, because he has instantly slotted in with very good performances from the off. Whenever Williams is taken out, is it just me, or does it always seem to include a spectacular cartwheel. Loved him at the end of the game too.

Pratley was OK and industrious, Belik I thought was pretty outstanding, but I wish he didn't have that worrying mistake in him which can emerge once a match. Great to see Cullen back, he will improve when settled. Taylor and Grant were completely threatening, and in the first half I believe they manufactured a couple of crosses, one low one high, which might have easily become goals. Did you see the rugby style face hand off from Lyall? Seriously, the way this bloke plays is worth the admission fee.

I imagine there has already been a lot of talk, replays and deconstruction as I have travelled home, and then written this, and Coleman is probably lashing out. Too effing bad.

I say to Lee Bowyer, only our manager since last St Patricks Day, he should glory in this victory, should coat his teeth with the chocolatey three points, then lick them off and relish them because it was a great win you deserved it, Coleman didn't.

Lyle...;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    ‘The ref had a birds eye view of the decision’. Don’t think he did mate

Edit: haha sorry @CAFCOlly didn’t see your comment
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JiMMy 85 said:

Reposting this as I’ve added the remaining videos now I’m on WiFi.

Penalty - https://streamable.com/90e48

Handball - https://streamable.com/nhmfn

Save - https://streamable.com/7oegq

Deflected shot - https://streamable.com/w2owl

Shot dragged wide - https://streamable.com/hyvem

Taylor gets his red - https://streamable.com/91lds

The Taylor Aftermath - https://streamable.com/b3e0f

There’s a fan on the pitch - https://streamable.com/jtyq5

Soak up the atmosphere - https://streamable.com/vpkel

Oh blatant handball... Whats the hand doing so far out like that, you'd only do that if your bloody pointing directions to someone!!

Shows how fucking useless the Referee was if he's said to Accrington that he felt it wasnt!!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Valley11 said:

There’s a brilliant video doing the rounds of Bielik taking a foot to the plumbs on the pitch invasion. A fan slips over and sticks a size 9 right in his goolies

I haven't got a 'b' in mine :wink:
  • Options
    All that I would say is the Accrington player is near to Reeves but I would say the Accrington player is facing the Lino and partially turned away from the referee. I would say the lino has the better view of it. Still quite fortunate.
  • Options
    Spankie said:

All that I would say is the Accrington player is near to Reeves but I would say the Accrington player is facing the Lino and partially turned away from the referee. I would say the lino has the better view of it. Still quite fortunate.

If the hand was down by his side more then I'd say the lack of distance between the two means its harsh

The fact its out stretched means its the Accrington idiot's own fault - You take a risk having your arm out like that, he paid the ultimate price for it!!
  • Options

Spankie said:

If the hand was down by his side more then I'd say the lack of distance between the two means its harsh

The fact its out stretched means its the Accrington idiot's own fault - You take a risk having your arm out like that, he paid the ultimate price for it!!
    I totally agree. Always running the risk.
  • Options

Don't really know where to start but here goes;

Accrington Stanley are one of the scummy teams I have ever seen, horrible mouthy anti footballing teami truely hope they get relegated.

Their Sykes is a horrible shit stain on the game and a coward to boot, should be banned for minimum of 6 games IMHO, kicking a player on the ground totally out of order.

They got totally what they deserved.

Charlton never gave up, real hope for this set of players if they stay together.

I actually blame the ref for the way the game got out of control, to say he was useless is an understatement.

Bowyer looked as animated as I have seen him since his return and was truely up for it at the finish.

Special mentions to Cullen, Williams for their non stop work rates and Phillips for that one magnificent save. But all in all a true gritty if not flamboyant performance in the face of the most provacation I have seen for a long time.

Also special mention to their sub goalie who decided to ruck up the penalty spot while all hell was being let loose everywhere else, what a horrible cunt.

Oddly, I thought the ref wasn't having a bad game - he tried to let the game flow in the first half giving us advantage instead of stopping the game for fouls. Not sure what happened to him in the second period- the Accrington players didn't help. great spirit shown - would think there will be some action taken following the punch up in the tunnel - wonder if the ref witnessed it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Spankie said:

Spankie said:

I totally agree. Always running the risk.
    Its stupid because quite often you'd see a player putting their hands behind their back but are still able to make the same sort of block with their leg that he tries

In fact the Accrington player to the left appears to be doing just that so why hasnt he, when you do that you completely eliminate any chance of handball
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Firstly, I thought Accrington did very well and were unfortunate to lose. They pressed us and kept that going throughout the match and it looked like we needed a little more time that they didn't give us. Undertsand Taylor fouled the keeper, but the foul wasn't even a booking and he ended up on the floor and and all of three Accrington players could have got sent off. Not sure what you are supposed to do when on the floor in that situation but unless some clear evidence comes out to the contrary, from what I saw, I am optimistic we can appeal that.

As for the penalty, I think the referee's assistant was well placed - I was in the East stand at it was a good angle to see it. This is based on my realtime assessment, I think the player's hand was high and moved to the ball but the ball came in at a pace and from a close distance where this may not have been intentional. I can understand why it was given, but I can understand why Accrington were unhappy about it. I don't think I would have given it, but it was worthy of a good think. I thought the referee should have sent at least one of their players off, and Solly seemed to be the referee's assistant's main protector in the refs absence. I suppose they had worked so hard, that they just lost it, but the referee bottled it a bit IMO.

My main concern is the Taylor red card. I would like to know if anybody has seen something happen that I didn't. Three inportant points but they could be expensive ones if we lose him for three games!
  • Options

Reports that their players started on Jonny after he celebrated in front of their fans.

Good to see big Nabs giving him a supporting arm round the shoulder after they both escaped the ruck. He seems like part of the group already!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Off the back of this around 1:38 there does appear to be a small slight kick out from Taylor

Dont see that red card being taken away