Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post Match Views: Charlton v Accrington: 19 January 2019.

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Top LH corner ..... Accrington player Sykes caught kicking Taylor.

• Options

Is Igor fit yet, or can Billy Clark play as a striker?

Igor won’t be back until late Feb.
    Which year?
    Just be patient...
  • Options
    Stanley seemed to have one tactic, which was to try and get as many free kicks as possible and then snatch a goal from a set piece. Tedious team.

Definite penalty from where we were sat. No clue about the sendings off.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

To me, it looks more like a stamp in progress.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

He’s the one who went for Bowyer at the end as well. Surely got to be some retrospective punishment.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A late winner is so sweet when following it on my Teletext-like scores app, especially when we've conceded so many late goals ourselves.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

Hopefully officials see this photo and it will aid Lyle’s appeal, as well as a ban for Sykes
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I’m wondering if the Taylor sending off might do us a favour long term.
    If he’s out for the next three games, while the window’s open, surely LB can use this to support the case for an extra striker before the window shuts.
    He was likely to miss 2 games later on anyway, so a half decent striker might come to us for the price of losing Taylor for just one extra game.

Edit: Actually, if LB is clever, he could even use this to get the extra striker and appeal the red anyway. We may even get it overturned AND get an extra decent striker in!
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

Same difference.

Violent conduct. Number 15 Sykes ..... if the FA watch the video, he surely will be given a 3 match ban for that.

• Options
    edited January 2019

I’m wondering if the Taylor sending off might do us a favor long term.
    If he’s out for the next three games, while the window’s open, surely LB can use this to support the case for an extra striker before the window shuts.
    He was likely to miss 2 games later on anyway, so a half decent striker might come to us for the price of losing Taylor for just one extra game.

I’m not sure missing your best player can ever be a good thing
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

I’m wondering if the Taylor sending off might do us a favor long term.

I’m not sure missing your best player can ever be a good thing
    Fair enough, but also note my added edit...
  • Options

Edit: Actually, if LB is clever, he could even use this to get the extra striker and appeal the red anyway. We may even get it overturned AND get an extra decent striker in!

If the red isnt recinded its not 1 extra game he will still get his 2 game ban for 10 yellows so we would lose him for 3 games now then a further 2 in feb/march
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

Hopefully officials see this photo and it will aid Lyle’s appeal, as well as a ban for Sykes
    It won’t help one bit I’m afraid, because whatever Taylor allegedly did (or didn’t do) was a few moments before that photo was taken.

• Options
    My goodness what a lack of decoram by Accrington, have a feeling that them going after the lino and after game tunnel incident will end up in more punishment for them than us.
  • Options

If the red isnt recinded its not 1 extra game he will still get his 2 game ban for 10 yellows so we would lose him for 3 games now then a further 2 in feb/march
    Do you mean the red card counts as two yellows, or that he can still get a two match ban for ten yellows if he gets two more later?
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

It won’t help one bit I’m afraid, because whatever Taylor allegedly did (or didn’t do) was a few moments before that photo was taken.

But there is the match video.

• Options
    What did Taylor actually do? Because I can’t see it anywhere. All I saw was him constantly running in circles to try and get away from the defender then the next thing you know he’s on the floor being kicked in the head. The lino must have seen something but what??
  • Options

In that video, if you notice, there is a Charlton player giving it large to one of theirs, right in their face, after the ball goes in - central position.
    Cullen?
  • Options
    Haha love how you can see me hiding behind the person in front of me (the second ITRM sign) cos I could barely watch!!
  • Options

In that video, if you notice, there is a Charlton player giving it large to one of theirs, right in their face, after the ball goes in - central position.
    Cullen?
    Yep was Cullen