Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man stabbed to death on Surrey train

Comments

• Options

shirty5 said:

See the thought police are out and about

A man has been arrested
    I meant on the thread, policing opinion
    I don't see any sign of that, and it seems to me that you are looking for the very confrontation that blights British life and leads to tragedies like this.

It's why I rarely bother with threads like this, and I won't detain you all any longer on it.

• Options

shirty5 said:

A man has been arrested
    I don't see any sign of that, and it seems to me that you are looking for the very confrontation that blights British life and leads to tragedies like this.

Christ that’s some leap there
  • Options

Chizz said:

Someone needs to get a f***** grip of this.

It is bloody shameful. When will it stop?

When any knife crime is punished with a very long sentence. Carrying a knife = 5 years. Wounding with Intent = 20 years. Murder = life with no parole. Won't happen as we'd need loads more prisons.

I will get lambasted for this........but it is mainly young black men - esp in gangs. Sort that out & you're half way there.
    I'm not going to lambast you for having a view. But it's worth pointing out that this is one person in the middle of Surrey, on a Friday lunchtime. Starting from those facts, it's hard to see how anyone might draw the conclusion it's something to do with gangs.

When more facts come to light, it may be that it's a fair conclusion. But it doesn't seem that way from what's known so far.

The perpetrator must be caught - no expense should be spared. And he must be charged with murder, surely. That way, if he's convicted, he will be sentenced to life.

We don't need people like that walking the streets.
    How many people with no gang involvement walk around with a knife, I wonder.
    My mate is a copper in Lewisham and he says young kids carry them now for self defence. A lot of the kids that carry them are not in gangs, are good kids and will do well at school but feel they have to carry them for fear of getting robbed or ambushed. They would never use the knife for anything else (to attack or mug someone).

It’s a desperate state of affairs, it really is.
    Then London is even more f***** than I thought.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    It’s things like this that make me want to leave London and I am doing so in September/ October this year had enough of it

But it’s also things like this that are making myself and my fellow director look at how we contribute to the community and give something back where possible be that time or money or both

We will be discussing the project that Mark Prince is running to deal with knife culture and gangs plus continuing to support projects that work in giving kids something else to focus on like the freedom boxing gym who although in the north started with the release of terry Waite in the next board meeting

We all have to do what is right for ourselves first and as such @AFKABartram I see your stance as a manly act not one that is opposite

You have a family that requires a father of decent upstanding morals to ensure your kids have the chance to have the best opportunity in life

I am moving because I am scared shitless that my youngest two will be caught up in the Turkish and African gangs that are creeping up the A10 and are now strangulating Enfield

My eldest god willing will be ofc to Uni in September and that’s looking like a northern move for him so we will all be away from the filth and scum surrounding my family home
  • Options

Chizz said:

When any knife crime is punished with a very long sentence. Carrying a knife = 5 years. Wounding with Intent = 20 years. Murder = life with no parole. Won't happen as we'd need loads more prisons.

I will get lambasted for this........but it is mainly young black men - esp in gangs. Sort that out & you're half way there.
    I'm not going to lambast you for having a view. But it's worth pointing out that this is one person in the middle of Surrey, on a Friday lunchtime. Starting from those facts, it's hard to see how anyone might draw the conclusion it's something to do with gangs.

When more facts come to light, it may be that it's a fair conclusion. But it doesn't seem that way from what's known so far.

The perpetrator must be caught - no expense should be spared. And he must be charged with murder, surely. That way, if he's convicted, he will be sentenced to life.

Lots, I imagine. But I'm more concerned with someone carrying a knife than whether they're in a gang. And more concerned still if they've used it to murder someone.

Being a member of a gang isn't necessarily illegal. Carrying a knife isn't always illegal. But murder is, and is unforgivable.

If they've got the "right" person, I hope they throw the book at him.
  • Options

It’s things like this that make me want to leave London and I am doing so in September/ October this year had enough of it

But it’s also things like this that are making myself and my fellow director look at how we contribute to the community and give something back where possible be that time or money or both

We will be discussing the project that Mark Prince is running to deal with knife culture and gangs plus continuing to support projects that work in giving kids something else to focus on like the freedom boxing gym who although in the north started with the release of terry Waite in the next board meeting

We all have to do what is right for ourselves first and as such @AFKABartram I see your stance as a manly act not one that is opposite

You have a family that requires a father of decent upstanding morals to ensure your kids have the chance to have the best opportunity in life

I am moving because I am scared shitless that my youngest two will be caught up in the Turkish and African gangs that are creeping up the A10 and are now strangulating Enfield

My eldest god willing will be ofc to Uni in September and that’s looking like a northern move for him so we will all be away from the filth and scum surrounding my family home

I august me and JNR were in Austin Texas for a couple of weeks. Whilst there we were invited to the Mexican American cultural centre for a talk about gangs etc. They work with the youngsters with music and art. When I mentioned boxing clubs here in the UK they said they prefer non violent activities. Just a thought.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

A man has been arrested

It's why I rarely bother with threads like this, and I won't detain you all any longer on it.

Hmmmmmmm
  • Options
    Brailsford says improve in all areas to get big improvements.

I agree that many people carry weapons out of fear as well as fewer who carry out of aggression.

However there probably needs to be improvements in community security and policing.
    Mental health intervention provision.
    In education.
    Education in prisons and secure units.
    In youth centre provision.
    In family counselling.
    In opportunities.
    In self defence classes and assertiveness training.

You get my drift.

The cutbacks, all seem absorbable and individually smallish when set against global budgets, but unless these areas are addressed and funded better what other answer is there?
  • Options

Chizz said:

My mate is a copper in Lewisham and he says young kids carry them now for self defence. A lot of the kids that carry them are not in gangs, are good kids and will do well at school but feel they have to carry them for fear of getting robbed or ambushed. They would never use the knife for anything else (to attack or mug someone).

What would you expect these budding architects/footballers to say to the police?
    How often do we hear this bollocks that they didn't have a bad bone in them , loved their mums etc...
  • Options
    Having a conversation with my son about this on the train to the game,

I honestly don't think I would watch a man get stabbed and not try do something to stop it, my son is nearly 12 and said if he saw it he would film it and make sure he got a good shot of the "bad guy"

If I was with him I'd probably go with his choice as the thought of him seeing his dad stabbed to death is not something is like to think about, but if I was on my own I'd have to try and stop it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Unless it was my wife or my kids I'd run a mile.
    I hate knives with a passion, I'd be more inclined to help if it was a gun.
    The thought of being stabbed once let alone hundreds of times makes me feel physically sick.
  • Options

Chizz said:

What would you expect these budding architects/footballers to say to the police?
    How often do we hear this bollocks that they didn't have a bad bone in them , loved their mums etc...
    To be fair I'd heard exactly the same about kids in Chelmsford... Which isn't yet completely in the grip of gang culture
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I've intervened a couple of times on the tube and train in the past when some arsehole has been holding the doors open to stop the train going. I've been tired and short tempered and just wanted to go home. First bloke was clearly high on something, second time was a pair of whiney pissheads making a fuss about a lost hoodie.
    Confronted both of them, the first aggressively after he swung a clumsy kick at me, the second I reasoned with and they went away ok with handshakes all round.
    Both of those were about 10-15 years ago - nowadays id think twice and probably do what the other people in the carriage did, and just hide in my newspaper.
  • Options
    I think we all acknowledge that its been getting steadily worse for the last 40 years - and sadly, it aint ever going to improve - successive governments wont provide the substantial funds needed and the sticking plaster comes out every time.

I had enough of it 10 years ago and got out of UK, i just couldnt visualise bringing my children up in this environment, although in saying that 1 has had to come back to get suitable work, but he hates the aggressive feel about London, and will get out as soon as he can. I feel it also whenever i come back to UK - that late night train from Stratford to North Greenwich is always a watch your back time with zero old bill around.
    Working and living overseas provides you with a totally different view of humanity, and how life should be lived without this constant worry and aggression.
  • Options

I think we all acknowledge that its been getting steadily worse for the last 40 years - and sadly, it aint ever going to improve - successive governments wont provide the substantial funds needed and the sticking plaster comes out every time.

I had enough of it 10 years ago and got out of UK, i just couldnt visualise bringing my children up in this environment, although in saying that 1 has had to come back to get suitable work, but he hates the aggressive feel about London, and will get out as soon as he can. I feel it also whenever i come back to UK - that late night train from Stratford to North Greenwich is always a watch your back time with zero old bill around.
    Working and living overseas provides you with a totally different view of humanity, and how life should be lived without this constant worry and aggression.

Actually, violent crime peaked massively in the 90s, then went down for many years. If it has gone up recently, it's not by much. What has really changed is either a) perception of crime because of 24hr news and social media or b) im a lot older than I was in the 90s and my perception has changed. Doesn't mean that we should massively drop the ball, as the Tories have done with all their cuts to police, NHS, and social services
  • Options
    I moved away from SE London in 97, I'd been thinking about doing so for a while, then I witnessed a truly savage gang fight between 2 gangs of mainly Asian and some black lads, one lad was severely beaten with a cosh and various other weapons were on display. This was in a park in broad daylight whilst I was with my 6 and 2 year old daughters, that was the moment that I thought "that's it, we're off".

We have been in the Faversham area since but over the last 2/3 years I'm starting to see things change, the rapid growth of population in Faversham and surrounding towns has brought with it an increase in crime in general and certainly an increase in anti social behaviour.

We now have a 13 year old son and to be honest I don't want him living in the South East anymore, I genuinely worry for him when he becomes a young adult.

My wife and I feel that it's time for us to move again, my father was from the Tamar Valley in Cornwall and we are planning to relocate there in roughly 12 months time, I still have lots of family in the area and they are horrified about the violence in London and want us to move to Cornwall.

I'm not stupid enough to think that the Tamar Valley is crime free but just getting away from the South East will certainly be safer than staying...... although, as my brother in law says "when you move away from London/South East, you will be buying time only".

My heart goes out to that poor boy who witnessed his dad being murdered.
  • Options
    man in court this lunchtime. Saying that he is hearing voices & is paranoid. Looks like he is going for insanity - I expect he'll get away with it too in todays culture of "lets help the perp....".

Victim was stabbed NINE times !!!! this wasn't just an argument that got out of hand.
  • Options
    He knew he had done it he fled the scene after getting his partner to pick him up ,then Plod had to go find him----- depends on the definition of insanity ,the legal one or the actual insanity of the deed itself
  • Options
    It wouldn't surprise me if this guy had previously been charged with carrying a knife and let off with a caution. Mistakes made, lessons learned, blah blah blah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

man in court this lunchtime. Saying that he is hearing voices & is paranoid. Looks like he is going for insanity - I expect he'll get away with it too in todays culture of "lets help the perp....".

Victim was stabbed NINE times !!!! this wasn't just an argument that got out of hand.

Well it's never, ever their fault ! Every single one of these low life scum bags wants to blame someone else for their evil behaviour. Welcome to Britain a country ruined by liberal lefties and uncontrolled immigration.
    Petty sure the accused is British.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

If we (the people) ever got a chance to vote for the death penalty, I for one, would vote yes.

If the death penalty was brought back it would eventually be used against our rulers. No chance that they'll ever risk there own necks.
  • Options

Well it's never, ever their fault ! Every single one of these low life scum bags wants to blame someone else for their evil behaviour. Welcome to Britain a country ruined by liberal lefties and uncontrolled immigration.
    Petty sure the accused is British.
    So your point is ? I must have missed out when growing up in Britain the point where my parents and peers taught me the famous part of British culture where I carry a knife and stab people to death.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

If we (the people) ever got a chance to vote for the death penalty, I for one, would vote yes.

Without a doubt for scum like this.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Me too
  • Options
    Too easy to claim mental illness these days. It's great that awareness is up but scum like this should be charged with murder and get life and not a few years in a hospital instead
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Yeah because it works really well in America, no one ever gets murdered there.
    Irrelevent, its a punishment, and takes these shits out of society for good. Because it this had happened to a member of my family I would want the fuckers dead.
    Death seems like less of a punishment to me then them spending whatever 'life' is in jail. But maybe that is just me.