Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'New' Away Fans Pub?

Comments

• Options
    bobcafc7 said:

Charlton.

Was my guess
  • Options

bobcafc7 said:

Charlton.

Was my guess
    Youth go there now after the lib shut.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Millwall pub last time I went there.

A few years ago admittedly. In fact more than 10 years ago when we played Wolves in 2008/2009! Where has that gone?

Drank in there for years and even used to stay there after a piss up around Greenwich. It always used to be a Millwall pub and, as far as I know, still is
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Following the demise of the Antigallican, I expect that the Rose of Denmark and the Anchor & Hope will become the most popular local pubs for away fans, although a good number will probably continue to stop off in Greenwich or Blackheath en route.

Since the closing of the Anti the Rose has been home fans only with door checks. Yesterday there were a couple of Old Bill outside moving any mackems on towards the Angerstein
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

Blucher said:

Following the demise of the Antigallican, I expect that the Rose of Denmark and the Anchor & Hope will become the most popular local pubs for away fans, although a good number will probably continue to stop off in Greenwich or Blackheath en route.

Since the closing of the Anti the Rose has been home fans only with door checks. Yesterday there were a couple of Old Bill outside moving any mackems on towards the Angerstein
    The closure of the Anti is a pain in the bum really for all concerned. If/when we go up and start getting larger away attendances on a regular basis, this will become more of an issue

It's ironic that people moan that new out of town grounds are in pub deserts with nowhere for away fans to drink, when we have ended up with the same scenario.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Lots of Radicals in Sunderland though - they voted Brexit.

That's not radical. It's reactionary.
  • Options
    Sunderland supporter on Facebook put a load of pictures up of the Valley, complimenting the ground, though he did have a moan at the pub situation.
  • Options

Noticed about 2pm going through the centre of Woolwich there were two football old Bill stationed outside the doors of the Anglesey Arms.

Don’t know who would have been drinking in there

Our Tones leaving party with his ob mates. :)
  • Options
    What about the White Horse down towards Woolwich Dockyard, is that closed too?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CatAddick said:

Blucher said:

Quite a lot of Blackburn fans came down to the Anchor & Hope at the end of last season. Got chatting to a few and they seemed like a decent bunch Extra bodies made it a pain to get a pint but the bar staff seem to priortise Charlton fans. Not had a chance to get to the pub before a game this season, has it been the same?

Don't mind having away fans around, so long as they aren't a tiresome bunch of pricks chanting and causing aggro.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Yep.
  • Options

CatAddick said:

Blucher said:

Quite a lot of Blackburn fans came down to the Anchor & Hope at the end of last season. Got chatting to a few and they seemed like a decent bunch Extra bodies made it a pain to get a pint but the bar staff seem to priortise Charlton fans. Not had a chance to get to the pub before a game this season, has it been the same?

Don't mind having away fans around, so long as they aren't a tiresome bunch of pricks chanting and causing aggro.
    Gillingham the other week, was very busy in the Anchor but apart from them it's been ok this season, didn't bother Saturday as guessed it would've been packed so stayed up the village.
  • Options
    Anchor was too busy and five deep at the Bar on Saturday by all accounts
  • Options

Anchor was too busy and five deep at the Bar on Saturday by all accounts

Yeah doesn't surprise me, the Swan and Bugle were both busy as well, If and it's a big if, we got promoted expect nearly every home match to be like that, desperately need a some kind of club house or even a Weatherspoons to be built in Charlton.
  • Options
    the swan used to be decent last season now it is ridiculously busy, heard from a mate who was in there on saturday that an upsatirs is soon to be opened on matchdays? also heard the oak is closing any truth to either?

due to coming up from barnehust i usually have a pint in blackheath
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

I believe on the Lower Road the only one still open from the Elephant & Castle in Woolwich to the RoD in Charlton is The Greyhound.
  • Options

Noticed about 2pm going through the centre of Woolwich there were two football old Bill stationed outside the doors of the Anglesey Arms.

One of the favoured Charlton haunts nowadays since SE7 is so shit for a beer. Lot of memorabilia on the walls and two very accommodating landlords. That said very few were out yesterday so unsure why our friends were plotted outside.
    Because a lot of the “risk” supporters drink in there
  • Options
    Is The Albion closed too ?
  • Options
    It's an African restaurant or was a couple of years ago
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

sam3110 said:

I believe on the Lower Road the only one still open from the Elephant & Castle in Woolwich to the RoD in Charlton is The Greyhound.
    Haha, the Greyhound is one of the ones on our pub crawl. Quite possibly the rankest pub I've ever been in.
  • Options

Sunderland supporter on Facebook put a load of pictures up of the Valley, complimenting the ground, though he did have a moan at the pub situation.

I dont remember the "pub situation" being any better last time i visited sundlund tbf!
  • Options

They should be parked there every day...just in case! Always been a bit...different!!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    DA9 said:

One of the favoured Charlton haunts nowadays since SE7 is so shit for a beer. Lot of memorabilia on the walls and two very accommodating landlords. That said very few were out yesterday so unsure why our friends were plotted outside.
    My point being very few of these fine chaps were out on Saturday. So was unsure why our mates with the blue squares on their jackets were manning the doors mr T 😉
  • Options

DA9 said:

My point being very few of these fine chaps were out on Saturday. So was unsure why our mates with the blue squares on their jackets were manning the doors mr T 😉
    They are Creatures of habit
  • Options
    There was also Sunderland fans in the Equitable and the Harry
  • Options

the swan used to be decent last season now it is ridiculously busy, heard from a mate who was in there on saturday that an upsatirs is soon to be opened on matchdays? also heard the oak is closing any truth to either?

The governer of the Swan definitely said he would be opening the bar upstairs. Don't know anything about the oak.
  • Options

The governer of the Swan definitely said he would be opening the bar upstairs. Don't know anything about the oak.
    cheers, that would ease congestion on matchdays as even when not that busy it takes an age to get served in there.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

You’d be doing well to get from the Angerstein to the Jimmy Seed in 10 minutes.

Jump on a train at Westcombe Park.
  • Options
    I had thought that the plan was to open up the top bar in the Swan for Trust members.

Not sure how advanced that is but thought the Trust had invited the Chairman of Accrington Stanley to speak before the game on 19th and that was the venue.