Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

'New' Away Fans Pub?

124»

Comments

• Options
    Blucher said:
    What about the 'Anchor In Hope' on the Thames Path in Anchor In Hope Lane ?
    I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this has in fact happened. Fucksake
  • Options
    Do we have no pride? No shame? We let one of the few decent remaining pubs in the area get taken over by the away mob? What even are we any more
  • Options
    Steam into them @leuth
  • Options
    I'm on a 486 to the Charlton Park Cafe. Find any Wednesday in there it's game over 
  • Options
    Steam into them @leuth
    Or recite poetry in an aggressive manner. 
    https://youtu.be/LVPAP62TvRY

• Options
    I walked past the Angerstein about 1.45 and it was full of Wednesday. Surely there's not 2 away pubs when there's barely that many home pubs? 
  • Options
    I’m with you @Leuth - Anchor is one of my fave pubs but not today. Had to take refuge in a corner by the river. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    the police prefer away fans to use the Angerstein.
    Almost nearer to Brighton.
    The angerstein really isn’t THAT far , it’s a couple of minutes on from the Pickwick (RIP) which was a standard home pub. But anyway, more to the point, it’s 30 seconds walk from westcombe park station which is much easier to just jump on a late train for 2 mins , 1 stop, than London Bridge.

i think it’s a good shout 
    Good luck doing that walk in 30 seconds. 
    🙄 you get my point. It’s no distance and an very easy place to drink pre match 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Anchor and Hope has been packed with aways from Derby, Ipswich, Coalville, Brighton and Sheff W. With a really healthy following from Bristol Rovers too. Apparently Derby were a complete nightmare (damage) but I was in there for the others and it was fine. Staff have been brilliant at serving everyone quickly. 
  • Options
    We tend to booze at the abbey Arms now then a train 10 mins to the game. 

After the swan went I have no interest in drinking in charlton tbh 
  • Options

My Son and I have also just started to do that. Impressed with the new look Abbey, nice beer, and the Guy in charge is a nice bloke. Gave us all free Pizzas last time!  And as you say at the Ground in no time.
  • Options

My Son and I have also just started to do that. Impressed with the new look Abbey, nice beer, and the Guy in charge is a nice bloke. Gave us all free Pizzas last time!  And as you say at the Ground in no time.
    I’ve just googled that.
    Crikey, that’s some change there in both pub and the surroundings 😳
  • Options
    Usually meet @TelMc32 in the Bull in Woolwich before home games, then jump on a train to the ground. It would be open for much longer as it’s coming down for the new swimming pool. Had thought about the Abbey arms, it just a little out of both our ways, or maybe Hardys at Maze Hill.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Has Blackheath rugby club been mentioned?
    All downhill to the ground.
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    I haven’t been in there for years, but they had the best pint of Guinness outside of Ireland I have ever had.
  • Options
    Was very nice on a warm day sat out on the veranda 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I’ve just googled that.
    Crikey, that’s some change there in both pub and the surroundings 😳
    The brewery that took on the Abbey Arms also bought my local The Star. They have turned both pubs around completely and I’m often in the Star. We love it. 

• Options
    Must be a bit confusing now it's facing the other way
  • Options
    muppetman said:
    R0TW said:
    I haven’t been in there for years, but they had the best pint of Guinness outside of Ireland I have ever had.
    Blackheath don't play there now - moved to Eltham. I thought the Rectory Field was now members only.
  • Options
    Large contingent drink in the Plumstead Radical club drink is cheap train 2.30
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Large contingent drink in the Plumstead Radical club drink is cheap train 2.30
    Shooosh
    We don't want any rifraf turning up. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    muppetman said:
    R0TW said:
    Blackheath don't play there now - moved to Eltham. I thought the Rectory Field was now members only.
    The famous Askeans now play at Rectory Field and as far as I know all are welcome to have a drink there - certainly when Askeans are playing at home. Just say you've come to support the boys in blue and black!