Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton- Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    PWR

At the game today, we couldn’t get out of or half in the first half. Second half was much better but we were sepseptable at the back, to lose the way we did when we were so on top in second half was harsh. But overall not good enough, luck run out today, looked very ordinary.
  • Options

Humph. Yes it's been said many times already, BUT the resting of players last week looks hard to justify now when you look at our results versus the teams which put out stronger team

Got no expectation about Tuesday, I imagine we'll keep it tight and hope to nick a draw against a very good Pompey team

I think it'll be justified or not come the end of the season when players for all teams begin to look jaded because they've been forced to play extra games every Sat / Tue due to various cup commitments or postponed games for either weather or international reasons.

We'll no doubt have Wycombe called off in March for International reasons
  • Options
    Game of two halves. Lil hunger/desire in first half and midfield was missing, they had almost all the chances. Second the script flipped apart from the 5 minute spell where we lost our shape in midfield and they nabbed one. We had more than earnt a point imo
  • Options
    Oh well, we lost.
    Players looked a big leggy at the end.
    Doncaster won.
    Amateurish decision from an amateurish club with a fanbase with little ambition.
    Roll on Tuesday for another leggy performance and no doubt another loss.

Sad times.
    Well done Lee.
  • Options
    Posting without seeing any of it.
    The little I gleaned it sounded terrible in the first half, better in the second, but a late goal was always going to win it.
    Lost because of the start made, poor showing.
  • Options

People can say what they like but the facts speak for themselves

Blackpool had 9 players who started today starting in the FA Cup

We had 2.

If we played a full strength team last week would we have won today maybe not, would we have won last week again maybe not, but resting players last week did not help today either.

People have been saying all week 4 points from Blackpool and Portsmouth and Bowyers decision would be justified, well thats now impossible

Gotta day I agree with this, resting players was a joke
  • Options

Those not liking the “I told you so” posts regarding the cup forfeit.

It is completely relevant to this match, he’s learned the hard way that you keep the momentum going, rather than extended rest.

We beat donny and Taylor and Fosu score their tails are up for the next game, winning breeds winning.

Not changed my opinion bowyer still doing a brilliant job, he’s just had an absolute avoidable mare last 7 days.

It’s not that simple is it? If it was managers would never rest players when on a good run. It was more about reducing the risk of further injuries.

The midfield today we started with today isn’t good enough for a promotion challenge. That was the main reason we lost.

Today’s line up couldn’t be stronger by playing an extra cup game. It could only get weaker had we picked up more injuries.

Cullen, Reeves and Ward all start if fully fit, it was far from our first choice midfield.
  • Options
    Daddy_Pig said:

Fuck Charlton.

Well that's a bit harsh,One swallow does not make a summer.
    Been with the Mrs long enough to know it can in fact make your year

Ha ha I can only dream.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Oggy Red said:

We had 2.

If we played a full strength team last week would we have won today maybe not, would we have won last week again maybe not, but resting players last week did not help today either.

People have been saying all week 4 points from Blackpool and Portsmouth and Bowyers decision would be justified, well thats now impossible

Good luck with being a professional football manager, Paulie.

Bowyer said that he made his decisions on the fact that we had 2 tough away games in 3 days.

He's got 7 players injured plus those carrying niggles that he's worried might not be able to play 2 games in 3 days. If there was no Tuesday game this week, he may well have thought a little differently.

He further said that we're scheduled to play 8 games in 4 weeks and any further injuries will decimate what's left of his small squad.

Bowyer was looking at the big picture of how to manage his squad over the intense festive period.
    He won't be happy that we lost today, but it ain't the end of the world halfway through a 46 game season.

That is rubbish

If there was a midweek game last week it would make sense but there wasnt.

Players can play
    Saturday then Saturday they do it every week, every team have niggles, I am sure Donny do but they still put out a decent squad in both games.

I still want to know the point in putting a proper squad out in replay just to rest them for the 2nd round.

As I said if we played last Tuesday it would have made sense, but pro players can manage Saturday-Saturday-Tuesday if they cant then u need to look at your fitness coach
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Lost because of the start made, poor showing.

Lost because we missed a string of chances and conceded in the 87th minute.

• Options
    Palace lost :-)
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It is completely relevant to this match, he’s learned the hard way that you keep the momentum going, rather than extended rest.

We beat donny and Taylor and Fosu score their tails are up for the next game, winning breeds winning.

Not changed my opinion bowyer still doing a brilliant job, he’s just had an absolute avoidable mare last 7 days.

It’s not that simple is it? If it was managers would never rest players when on a good run. It was more about reducing the risk of further injuries.

The midfield today we started with today isn’t good enough for a promotion challenge. That was the main reason we lost.

Today’s line up couldn’t be stronger by playing an extra cup game. It could only get weaker had we picked up more injuries.

Cullen, Reeves and Ward all start if fully fit, it was far from our first choice midfield.
    I disagree I think it is that simple, results business n all that.

For the record had we won today I’d of praised bowyers decision.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

We had 2.

Bowyer said that he made his decisions on the fact that we had 2 tough away games in 3 days.

He's got 7 players injured plus those carrying niggles that he's worried might not be able to play 2 games in 3 days. If there was no Tuesday game this week, he may well have thought a little differently.

He further said that we're scheduled to play 8 games in 4 weeks and any further injuries will decimate what's left of his small squad.

Bowyer was looking at the big picture of how to manage his squad over the intense festive period.
    He won't be happy that we lost today, but it ain't the end of the world halfway through a 46 game season.

That is rubbish

Players can play
    Saturday then Saturday they do it every week, every team have niggles, I am sure Donny do but they still put out a decent squad in both games.

I still want to know the point in putting a proper squad out in replay just to rest them for the 2nd round.

As I said if we played last Tuesday it would have made sense, but pro players can manage Saturday-Saturday-Tuesday if they cant then u need to look at your fitness coach
    You’re right.

We should have rested them from the replay as well.

Glad we agree.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

We had 2.

That is rubbish

Players can play

I give up, Paulie.

You play too much Football Manager. It's a bit different in the real world.

• Options

Oggy Red said:

We had 2.

That is rubbish

Players can play

Can they play Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday - Tuesday EVERY week for the whole season if not injured? - Can they really?
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Oggy Red said:

We had 2.

That is rubbish

Players can play

I give up, Paulie.

You play too much Football Manager. It's a bit different in the real world.

Trouble is its even impossible on Football Manager to do that... I dont get how people think that players should have the fitness to play EVERY cup and league game in a season, thats just unrealistic and madness
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    Hard to agree as I think Blackpool will have changed their tactics to be more cautious in attack with less men than us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Oggy Red said:

We had 2.

That is rubbish

Players can play

Can they play Saturday - Tuesday - Saturday - Tuesday EVERY week for the whole season if not injured? - Can they really?
    But it wasnt was it

It was Saturday-Saturday-Tuesday

There was a 6 day rest in between games, Bowyer could have changed training if he was worried about fitness, given them an extra day offf.

Now we have lost there is nothing anyway can say that would make me think resting players last week was a good decision
  • Options

The amount of late goals we concede is frankly a joke.

Has Bowyer considered resting players?

Weve conceded once against Burton / Bristol Rovers and two against Blackpool since the beginning on November in the League - Not a bad return against five teams

I said late goals. Seems like we concede most of our goals towards the end of the game.
    10 league goals conceded in the last 14 minutes of the game. That’s poor.
    Is it that few... I thought I saw somewhere on SKY saying that us and Walsall had conceded about 15 late goals
    Got it from here https://www.soccerstats.com/team.asp?league=england3&stats=2-charlton
  • Options

Scoham said:

So if we had lost the cup game with our strongest available team and Taylor got injured for the rest of the season would that be the right decision?

If it was such an easy decision he’ll never rest players in a cup game again. I bet he does again next season.
  • Options

by the sounds of it we seem to tire out in the last 10 minutes and lost control of the game we should of won ourselfs judging by the rest of the second half performance.

Thought it was the change of Reeves for Lapslie that turned the game... We were dominating until then with Blackpool having everyone back in their box on a number of occasions

Reeves looked average today (Lapslies set pieces were a world better than his) and we missed George's tireless running which he obviously cant do every week
    The free kick that Reeves took in the last minute from a promising position but (yet again) failed to clear the first man was so frustrating! He has to be the worst culprit for awful ball delivery into the box, but many others gave him a run for his money today. As for Grant, he runs and works hard all day long but his technical ability and decision making is below even this level. And finally Aribo; good game today but had a great opportunity to put Grant through on about the 75 minute mark but found the last defender instead.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

We had 2.

That is rubbish

Players can play

But it wasnt was it

It was Saturday-Saturday-Tuesday

There was a 6 day rest in between games, Bowyer could have changed training if he was worried about fitness, given them an extra day offf.

Now we have lost there is nothing anyway can say that would make me think resting players last week was a good decision
    Not even promotion?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So if we had lost the cup game with our strongest available team and Taylor got injured for the rest of the season would that be the right decision?

If it was such an easy decision he’ll never rest players in a cup game again. I bet he does again next season.
    Don't assume he'll be here next season to do so.
  • Options

by the sounds of it we seem to tire out in the last 10 minutes and lost control of the game we should of won ourselfs judging by the rest of the second half performance.

Thought it was the change of Reeves for Lapslie that turned the game... We were dominating until then with Blackpool having everyone back in their box on a number of occasions

Reeves looked average today (Lapslies set pieces were a world better than his) and we missed George's tireless running which he obviously cant do every week
    Jesus, Lapslie's 21. Even I could run for 90m once a week when I was that age.
  • Options

The free kick that Reeves took in the last minute from a promising position but (yet again) failed to clear the first man was so frustrating! He has to be the worst culprit for awful ball delivery into the box, but many others gave him a run for his money today. As for Grant, he runs and works hard all day long but his technical ability and decision making is below even this level. And finally Aribo; good game today but had a great opportunity to put Grant through on about the 75 minute mark but found the last defender instead.
    He failed to clear his first man on every occasion

Lapslie on the other hand maybe over hit his efforts a few times but at least he cleared his first man - that failed Aribo pass was criminal for me, was nearly as bad as the pass that Karlan didnt make against Scunthorpe
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Players get injuries mate, but wins should be a bigger priority. Doncaster proved bowyer wrong, two wins from two, two strong teams played the stats don’t lie.