Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackpool v Charlton- Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Big Fish
    Little fish
    Cardboard box
  • Options

For everyone’s sanity, I think we should all drop the FA Cup angle now. It’s done. Move on.

I’m sorry I understand what you are saying and not here to argue with you. But the manager thought it was ok to make All them changes because we won’t win the cup. Then puts out a strong team and we lose well Doncaster go and win. I be honest I’ve lost all interest in Charlton I used to wake up early every Saturday buzzing travel between 3 and 4 hrs to get to THE VALLEY. I m gutted we lost. But I think all this takeover bxxxxxxxks lasting ages as made me fall out of love with the team I once loved with a passion. I hope one day soon that passion following Charlton home and away comes back. I really do think we could have beat Preston in the next round of the cup. ACTUALLY ROLAND YOUVE MADE ME FEEL LOKE THIS NOW FXXXXOFF AND SELL THE CLUB
    So we lose at League 1 Blackpool, but you really think we could have beaten Championship Preston ?
    Well we could have, but as they are far better than Blackpool it would be unlikely.
  • Options

There's always the January window for a couple of marquee signings.

You don’t find too many footballers in Millets
  • Options

Was at the game today and thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with about 10 of my mates.
    Always the best part of the day by the way.
    As for the game itself the less I say the better.
    The first half we were rubbish.
    Had a short spell in the second half when we looked quite good but then conceded late on again.
    Probably a fair result and we will probably lose at Pompy as well.
    But if we can then win our two home games against Wimbledon and Gillingham we are back in contention.
    If I can remain positive while travelling home wet and cold I urge everyone else to keep believing.

In the meantime.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

Meet any sparring partners from '72?
  • Options

For everyone’s sanity, I think we should all drop the FA Cup angle now. It’s done. Move on.

I’m sorry I understand what you are saying and not here to argue with you. But the manager thought it was ok to make All them changes because we won’t win the cup. Then puts out a strong team and we lose well Doncaster go and win. I be honest I’ve lost all interest in Charlton I used to wake up early every Saturday buzzing travel between 3 and 4 hrs to get to THE VALLEY. I m gutted we lost. But I think all this takeover bxxxxxxxks lasting ages as made me fall out of love with the team I once loved with a passion. I hope one day soon that passion following Charlton home and away comes back. I really do think we could have beat Preston in the next round of the cup. ACTUALLY ROLAND YOUVE MADE ME FEEL LOKE THIS NOW FXXXXOFF AND SELL THE CLUB
    So we lose at League 1 Blackpool, but you really think we could have beaten Championship Preston ?
    Well we could have, but as they are far better than Blackpool it would be unlikely.
    To be honest with you. Yes I do think we could not the last three games because we’ve been lucky to scrape through but when it comes to big game. Some players try and raise there game.
  • Options
    Pearce's defending for their second was abysmal....
  • Options
    Charlton life makes me look sane
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Pearce's defending for their second was abysmal....

He’s still well in credit in my eyes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two comments:

Firstly, on BT tonight they talked about "protecting" Kane and Ericsson rather than "resting" them. I feel that how you view Bowyer's decision depends on if you think he protected or rested the first team in the cup.

Secondly, as I repeatedly said of Turbuck when people tried to justify his poor results with excuses about his passion etc etc "just win games".

Bowyer did that in November but two defeats and the mood, for some, has switched. But ultimately that is all that counts and today we didn't do it.

• Options
    Shocking for that last goal
  • Options
    Lets face it we got today what Burton got 2 weeks ago. But we deserved it more than Burton. Its probably evened out unfortunately.
  • Options

Was at the game today and thoroughly enjoyed meeting up with about 10 of my mates.
    Always the best part of the day by the way.
    As for the game itself the less I say the better.
    The first half we were rubbish.
    Had a short spell in the second half when we looked quite good but then conceded late on again.
    Probably a fair result and we will probably lose at Pompy as well.
    But if we can then win our two home games against Wimbledon and Gillingham we are back in contention.
    If I can remain positive while travelling home wet and cold I urge everyone else to keep believing.

In the meantime.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF

Meet any sparring partners from '72?
    Plenty
  • Options

Big Fish
    Little fish
    Cardboard box

Is this a new survey.
    If so can I vote
  • Options

Big Fish
    Little fish
    Cardboard box

Fish shoes
  • Options

Big Fish
    Little fish
    Cardboard box

Is this a new survey.
    If so can I vote
    yes
  • Options

Big Fish
    Little fish
    Cardboard box

Is this a new survey.
    If so can I vote
    yes
    Lol.
    You do know if I vote A your survey will be shut down.
  • Options

Big Fish
    Little fish
    Cardboard box

Is this a new survey.
    If so can I vote
    yes
    Lol.
    You do know if I vote A your survey will be shut down.
    Be brave and rise above it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Those not liking the “I told you so” posts regarding the cup forfeit.

It is completely relevant to this match, he’s learned the hard way that you keep the momentum going, rather than extended rest.

We beat donny and Taylor and Fosu score their tails are up for the next game, winning breeds winning.

Not changed my opinion bowyer still doing a brilliant job, he’s just had an absolute avoidable mare last 7 days.

It’s not that simple is it? If it was managers would never rest players when on a good run. It was more about reducing the risk of further injuries.

The midfield today we started with today isn’t good enough for a promotion challenge. That was the main reason we lost.

Today’s line up couldn’t be stronger by playing an extra cup game. It could only get weaker had we picked up more injuries.

Cullen, Reeves and Ward all start if fully fit, it was far from our first choice midfield.
    I disagree I think it is that simple, results business n all that.

For the record had we won today I’d of praised bowyers decision.
    So if we had lost the cup game with our strongest available team and Taylor got injured for the rest of the season would that be the right decision?

If it was such an easy decision he’ll never rest players in a cup game again. I bet he does again next season.
    Players get injuries mate, but wins should be a bigger priority. Doncaster proved bowyer wrong, two wins from two, two strong teams played the stats don’t lie.
    Wins in the league are Bowyers priority. He made the choice to avoid the risk of picking up more injuries in a cup game.

We’re not Doncaster, maybe they’ve had less injury problems this season. They’re probably not having to play a midfield with an average age of about 20.
    Going round in circles.

WE DIDNT WIN.

As I said, if we did, I would take your point, it’s a results business, wins are the thing that decides if something was a good or bad decision. What’s not to understand here.
    I completely disagree with the lack of involvement of any fully fit first team players last week, but still think we’re slightly missing Bowyer’s point.

He would argue that his decision was correct as we’ve come out of the cup match with no injuries to first team players, which will leave the squad in a better position to push for promotion. Personally, I don’t agree with it, especially as I can see the season petering out and some of us possibly wishing we’d given it a go in the cup.
    Ward didn't play last Saturday, but presumably picked up an injury in training during the week instead. Injuries happen, you can't wrap every player in cotton wool all the time
    Yes, but you can minimise the risk.
  • Options
    Blackpool supporter at work said they mostly score in last the 10 minutes. We are poor last ten as per previous posts.

I wasn’t there and didn’t see the winner but it was surely on the cards. Lee and JJ would have known that....

Blackpool stats :

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Wtf happened there!
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Blackpool supporter at work said they mostly score in last the 10 minutes. We are poor last ten as per previous posts.

I wasn’t there and didn’t see the winner but it was surely on the cards. Lee and JJ would have known that....

Blackpool stats :

It’s not sim city is it, looks likes someone’s put up a load of skyscrapers!
  • Options

Leicester v Spurs tonight.
    Barcelona v Spurs on Tuesday.

Spurs leave out Kane & Eriksen.
    Pochettino, what are you doing man ?
    Have you not listened to Paulie & Lincs ? What a bell.

Anyway, if Spurs win both games he was right and if they lose both he's wrong. There are definitely no others factors at all.

Wibble.

What a knob.
  • Options
    BR3red said:

Wtf happened there!

Dunno but I definitely got the message :smiley:
  • Options

BR3red said:

Blackpool stats :

It’s not sim city is it, looks likes someone’s put up a load of skyscrapers!
    Don’t copy it again !!!!
  • Options
    I’d like to know the views of that fella who’s going to see every game , think he’s cobbles uncle or something , 31 year “man” .
    I bet he had a right jolly up in Blackpool , one of the more exciting away trips on the calendar and his quest to be in the Charlton fans hall of fame .
    The level of commitment this fella is putting in is truly to be admired .
    Takes big balls to come out with a bold statement of intent that he’s gonna watch the lot for 31 years .
    I’m pretty sure he’s in the fledgling stage of this mission but I always look forward to his in depth report of the day he’s had travelling to these far flung matches