Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton / L1 - January 2019 Transfer Rumours (ed, deadline day starts p98)

Comments

• Options
    Reeco and A N Other
  • Options
    Chap called Abraham Odoh has signed on loan from Tooting & Mitcham..
  • Options

I'd like to see Bowyer give Fosu a few games. We know what the lad can do and he has shown it against Gillingham this season. Give him a chance to find his form.

It's not a question of him finding his form, it's playing him in the right position, He is not a number 10 but could be quite effective alongside Taylor as he has similar attributes to Grant.
    I wouldn't say he is that similar. For me, he is much more skillful and harder to knock off the ball. Whilst being no slouch, he lacks Grant's electric pace. He isn't really a striker, but a goal scoring attacking midfielder. The problem is, it is pointless to replace Grant with him or Parker, they have their own games and the team has to fit around them. I agree, finding the role that works for him in the team is key.

I feel he could be trying a bit too hard this season, where it all seemed so natural last. That and defenders may have wised up to the fact he always wants to set up his right foot. In the first half at home to Gills he was unplayable in Bowyer's own words. Cometh the hour?
    Playing on the left, I guess it’s not surprising he keeps cutting inside. Maybe through the middle, he would be less predictable?
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how Bowyer sets up tomorrow.
  • Options
    Jay Simpson is training with Orient. Apparently he would prefer to stay in the Football League after leaving the MLS in November.
  • Options
    Pringle said:

Would this be for the under 23 ??
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Pringle said:

Would this be for the under 23 ??
    I assume so, he's only 19 I think. Had trials with us and Middlesbrough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

A lot of players had their contracts cancelled yesterday, which means they can sign for other clubs. Not saying we will, but you never know

There you go, what are we all complaining about. All is not lost.
  • Options
    Pringle said:

Yep. http://www.isthmian.co.uk/two-bostik-stars-head-to-the-football-league-55163
  • Options
    the message i got was we were looking at several players that have had their contracts paid up or are currently free. Apparently SG and LB will be meeting Monday after getting the fleetwood game out the way to see what LB wants to do. would be short term deal (6 months etc..)
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:

the message i got was we were looking at several players that have had their contracts paid up or are currently free. Apparently SG and LB will be meeting Monday after getting the fleetwood game out the way to see what LB wants to do. would be short term deal (6 months etc..)

6 month deal is the new “undisclosed “
  • Options
    Pringle said:

Is this a genuine signing or just allowing a non-leager to get some work experience like teens do at school. I'm sorry but are we a football club with history and status or a complete laughing stock....oh wait!!!
  • Options
    Pringle said:

Roland probably wants us to only pay a percentage of his wages.
  • Options

CAFCDAZ said:

The Sky listing had Clarke to Bradford and Parker to us as undisclosed.
  • Options
    Pringle said:

He was probably the trialist who i saw playing for the under-23's just before Christmas,he resembled former player Ricky Otto in appearance & had a decent game.
  • Options

CAFCDAZ said:

does seem to be a new thing. effectively moving on for free and they are automatically playing for their new deal with a new club
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Pringle said:

Is this a genuine signing or just allowing a non-leager to get some work experience like teens do at school. I'm sorry but are we a football club with history and status or a complete laughing stock....oh wait!!!
    Was done yesterday. I assume the club are aware it would have been attacked in the circumstances if mentioned. It may be just a development squad trial.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He only came off the bench mainly for Tooting, so certainly U23. Given his small stature, I'd assume he's a winger.
  • Options
    Apeeciate your hindsight honesty @Doucher.

Still struggling a bit though with idea that we turned down £2M for Grant then sold him for a reported £1.5M?
  • Options

Still struggling a bit though with idea that we turned down £2M for Grant then sold him for a reported £1.5M?

Because Roland.
  • Options

Discount for cash.
  • Options

Surely the fee from udders is 1.5m rising to 2m if he plays 50 odd games ?

In the bizarre world of Duchatelet, one day he thinks I will keep this squad together, the next take any concrete offer.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

Leuth said:

Not what I wanted or expected. But Bowyer and Jackson clearly see something in Parker. We just have to put up with it now.

We have the best defence and arguably midfield in the league. Let's show some grit.

Sunderland, Barnsley, Blackpool, Portsmouth & Luton have conceded less.
    How did you calculate we have the best defence ?

Arguably best midfield & yet they struggle to score a goal between them.

Very good maybe, but the best ?
    I think it is improving and may well be the best at the moment, although as you say, there is competition. Ability wise, we do seem to have a good case for having the best midfield, but it also seems to lack goals. This is an issue when you can't rely on the strikers who have been getting them. I think with Aribo still out, Fosu should be playing for this reason if no other.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options

Also that remark about daSilva. Where did that come from? Admittedly I may have missed it on here, as @Covered End likes to point out.

I also only found out this morning from my erstwhile host that Sunderland paid £4m for Grigg. He wonders if that is a sensible price, and I agree, but it shows both that they have some money and are prepared to use it to get up this season.
  • Options

Leuth said:

Not what I wanted or expected. But Bowyer and Jackson clearly see something in Parker. We just have to put up with it now.

We have the best defence and arguably midfield in the league. Let's show some grit.

Sunderland, Barnsley, Blackpool, Portsmouth & Luton have conceded less.
    How did you calculate we have the best defence ?

Arguably best midfield & yet they struggle to score a goal between them.

Very good maybe, but the best ?
    Since we got an actual left-back in. How many goals have we conceded lately?