Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jamal Kashoggi

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2018
    Swisdom said:

I get this is horrific but maybe I missed a bit of this story.
    Why is Trump getting involved? WTF is it to do with America? Why is it front page news everywhere?
    People die and disappear all the time so I’m not quite so sure why this is global front page news.

Disclaimer - been mega busy lately so nowhere near as up on the news as I’d like to be.

Is this Donald Trumps unofficial first reaction to this news?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:
    Fair do’s. I suppose it’s quite easy to torture someone to death by mistake.

And then cut the body up into small pieces
    Taking a bone saw with you suggests the plan to rough him up a bit was thought through very carefully, down to the final details. Disgusting big government shenanigans. Trump's line on this will aim to out-do the Russians on the "so ridiculous we are sticking two fingers in your face" stakes.
  • Options

Trump has shown himself to be an even bigger tool than usual with his moronic comments on this.

I'm surprised the Saudis haven't just said 'we butchered him to death and don't give a fuck what you think'.

I imagine most Western governments will really speak out strongly on this.

You can bet that's all they do, before flogging them loads of weapons and torture equipment.
  • Options
    everyone still up for the saudi's buying the club off the rat?
  • Options

Yep
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Worth remembering that both Turkey and Al Jazeera have reason to make the saudis look as awful as possible so will be twisting the knife, hard.

That's not to say they aren't responsible for killing him as MBS is allegedly extremely thin skinned and vindictive, but i'd just treat Turkish and Qatari sources with caution until they actually release tangible evidence.
  • Options

"The Saudis"?

There are lots of people from Saudi Arabia, and while yes, there are often business and family connections, not all Saudis are the King or the Crown Prince.

I'm not concerned where people come from but I am concern how they act, how they got their money etc.

You can't blame a whole population for the action of its government

(Unless it is Isreal and you are Jeremy Corbyn and his acolytes, of course, when you can even blame people of the same religion from a different country entirely)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Worth remembering that both Turkey and Al Jazeera have reason to make the saudis look as awful as possible so will be twisting the knife, hard.

That's not to say they aren't responsible for killing him as MBS is allegedly extremely thin skinned and vindictive, but i'd just treat Turkish and Qatari sources with caution until they actually release tangible evidence.

I can't see Turkey digging out Saudi Arabia - this all boils down to economics whatever the political differences. I'm sure an explanation of Kashoggi's death will be fabricated and sold to the world as an 'accident'.

The Saudis are basically free to do what they want whilst they have economic power.
  • Options

I can't see Turkey digging out Saudi Arabia - this all boils down to economics whatever the political differences. I'm sure an explanation of Kashoggi's death will be fabricated and sold to the world as an 'accident'.

The Saudis are basically free to do what they want whilst they have economic power.
    Yep, they get away with murder because of their money, I'm just adding caution to those believing everything turkey and Al Jazeera say.

You are accepting the view of one totalitarian regime over the other. If turkey had no axe to grind, then they'd have let this drop quietly. They are a key ally of Qatar and that's why they've gone after them here. Erdogan is in a bit too much of a glass House to throw stones remember.

As I say, I'm not excusing anything the Saudis have done here, only that you have to view Turkish and qatari sources as tainted.
  • Options

"The Saudis"?

There are lots of people from Saudi Arabia, and while yes, there are often business and family connections, not all Saudis are the King or the Crown Prince.

I'm not concerned where people come from but I am concern how they act, how they got their money etc.

(Unless it is Isreal and you are Jeremy Corbyn and his acolytes, of course, when you can even blame people of the same religion from a different country entirely)
    my readings of @Redhenry's intel was that it was one of the saud family interested in buying us, but if i got that wrong obviously I take it back.

But jews rule the world and its obviously the british fault for selling arms that this murder happened and that the genocide in yemen is happening.

The saudi's are friends, like hamas, hezbollah and the IRA and need to be sweet talked to be brought to the negotiating table. BUT FUCK ISRAEL BAN ISRAEL BOYCOTT ISRAEL FREEEEEEEEDUUUUUUUUUUUUM FOR PALESTINE
  • Options

"The Saudis"?

my readings of @Redhenry's intel was that it was one of the saud family interested in buying us, but if i got that wrong obviously I take it back.

But jews rule the world and its obviously the british fault for selling arms that this murder happened and that the genocide in yemen is happening.

The saudi's are friends, like hamas, hezbollah and the IRA and need to be sweet talked to be brought to the negotiating table. BUT FUCK ISRAEL BAN ISRAEL BOYCOTT ISRAEL FREEEEEEEEDUUUUUUUUUUUUM FOR PALESTINE
    I don't think @redhenry said anything more than "Saudis". I stand to be corrected but I don't think he ever claimed to know that much about them other than they were loaded.

All Jews are fair game as you know. Corbyn supporters can beat up 70 year old Jewish women outside their meetings and if any zio nazi tory centralists complain they can say "whataboutIsreal?" and make it all OK
  • Options
    Has Theresa May said anything about this or is she busy selling arms to them?
  • Options

it was "rogue killers" that somehow made their way into the saudi embassy and then mysteriously puffed out into thin air, that's what i can get from the president of the united states.

I wouldn't believe Trump if he told night followed day! Pathetic human being. President of the United States? God help us all.

• Options

Has Theresa May said anything about this or is she busy selling arms to them?

We will get a statement by may saying Great Britain is deeply appalled by this death and that will be it.
  • Options

"The Saudis"?

I don't think @redhenry said anything more than "Saudis". I stand to be corrected but I don't think he ever claimed to know that much about them other than they were loaded.

All Jews are fair game as you know. Corbyn supporters can beat up 70 year old Jewish women outside their meetings and if any zio nazi tory centralists complain they can say "whataboutIsreal?" and make it all OK
    it was her fault for being jewish zionist.
  • Options

"The Saudis"?

I'd take the Saudi Royal family and Champions League
  • Options
    Regarding Israel if you criticise the State of Israel it doesn't make you anti-semitic. If I wanted to run a recruitment campaign for ISIS and hezbollah then Israel's doing a great job in the Gaza Strip.

I've listened to politicians on the extremes of both sides of the Arab-Israeli dispute and it doesn't seem there will be a solution any time soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

I didn't want to say who it was at the time, but the bids came from the Crown Princes people.

Duchatelet must have pissed them off big time. I’m sure that if they had wanted to buy us the money would have been immaterial to them.

• Options

Regarding Israel if you criticise the State of Israel it doesn't make you anti-semitic. If I wanted to run a recruitment campaign for ISIS and hezbollah then Israel's doing a great job in the Gaza Strip.

I've listened to politicians on the extremes of both sides of the Arab-Israeli dispute and it doesn't seem there will be a solution any time soon.

But holding it to different standards to other countries in the region is. Which is the point.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

But holding it to different standards to other countries in the region is. Which is the point.
    It's almost as if the only country in the middle east Corbyn et al are concerned about is the only democracy and the one which isn't openly homophobic. All the other misogynist, homophobic and terrorist or terrorist supporting states are OK because they are "anti-western". But what can you expect from a "friend" of terrorists happy to go on Iran TV (and take their money) with terrorists and holocaust deniers, lay wreaths at terrorist graves and make Muslim Brotherhood signs.
    Is this the same country that Theresa May sells weapons to?
  • Options
    edited October 2018

It's almost as if the only country in the middle east Corbyn et al are concerned about is the only democracy and the one which isn't openly homophobic. All the other misogynist, homophobic and terrorist or terrorist supporting states are OK because they are "anti-western". But what can you expect from a "friend" of terrorists happy to go on Iran TV (and take their money) with terrorists and holocaust deniers, lay wreaths at terrorist graves and make Muslim Brotherhood signs.
    IS this the same country that Theresa May sells weapons to?
    You mean the U.K. government? #boycottbritain
  • Options

Iran? Not sure to be honest. Or do you mean Russia, another country that Corbyn was happy to take money from the state TV company.
  • Options

Iran? Not sure to be honest. Or do you mean Russia, another country that Corbyn was happy to take money from the state TV company.
    Sorry, completely forgot that Corbyn was PM for a second.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45863548#
  • Options

Sorry, completely forgot that Corbyn was PM for a second.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45863548#
    clearly britain has no right to exist because it does so many awful things, just like israel.

If Israel does something bad then I'm not sure why it shouldn't be criticised? There seems to be a narrative amongst some that you can't criticise Israel because its neighbours may do stuff that's even worse.

Maybe all the faults in the Arab-Israeli conflict are only on one side? As far as I can see thete are problems on both sides and work needs to be done.
    the point is corbyn and his supporters go off their rocker on israel, but are much more muted on the crimes performed by other countries in the region. Can't be because of the ethnicity that makes up most of israel, can it?