Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Tours 2018-19 (and everything off the field during that period)

Comments

• Options
    Exciting stuff - we need a bit of pace and variety.
  • Options

Not sure Archer has excelled at anything other than 20 over stuff so far?

As a biased Sussex supporter, I would disagree with that. Although he is bowling in Division 2, many batsmen find him a real handful. This article in The Cricketer sums it up quite well having seen a lot of him.

https://www.thecricketer.com/Topics/sussex/the_daunting_prospect_of_facing_jofra_archer.html
  • Options
    West Indies our next opponents have been comprehensively stuffed by Bangladesh by an innings & 184 runs. How the once mighty have fallen.
  • Options

West Indies our next opponents have been comprehensively stuffed by Bangladesh by an innings & 184 runs. How the once mighty have fallen.

Our record over there is still very poor. Remember Colin Graves quote four years ago.
  • Options
    Good for Joe Denly to keep his place in both squads. I wonder if he will get any sort of opportunity in the West Indies?
  • Options
    Anyone intending on going to the Caribbean for the test matches in Jan/Feb?
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I'm in Barbados for the first test with a couple of mates.
  • Options
    Looks like Ashley Giles is going to get Strauss' old job...
  • Options
    That feels like about the right level of cosy Masonic favours-for-the-boys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

Addickted said:

I'm in Barbados for the first test with a couple of mates.
    Havnt you just come back from SL?
  • Options
    Us retired folks can get around!
  • Options
    redman said:

Us retired folks can get around!

What a perfect way to spend your time - jealous. If i renember correctly you were in Cape Town too a couple of years ago.
  • Options
    Perfect yes! And nice to come back to some Charlton wins.
  • Options
    I 'll be in Barbados grenada and st Lucia for the one dayers ...look out for a cafc shirt
  • Options
    Lords ballot opened this morning at 10am. Ashes tickets are £150!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I thought about it, in fact I'm still thinking. Justifying £150 for sport is going to be tricky....
  • Options
    Edrich Lower is £75.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

All extortionate except the middle and rear of the lower Edrich

Grandstand, Mound, Upper Compton all £150
    Lower Edrich £100 (front), £75 (middle) and £55 (rear)
    Restricted £45

Weird that the lower Compton and Upper Edrich aren't available, surely they aren't all allocated to the convicts?
  • Options
    Incredible price - if the average is lets say, 100 pounds x 4days x 27000 thats over 10million on gate receipts alone let alone ever
    thing else
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Edrich Lower is £75.

You get what you pay for! The lower stands at the Nursery End are awful.
    When I finally got through it was only Compton Upper available. I have applied for the maximum of 2 but am not hopeful as I've never got any on this ballot. I have been successful via the England Fans membership group though every year and Ashes too. Fortunately I know a lot of MCC members and always get a ticket.
  • Options
    Going to Edgbaston and The Oval anyway, hard to justify paying £150 quid for a seat
  • Options
    Just noticed that England are touring SA at end of 2019.
    With a bit of luck, if things work out, i will be back living in SA by then, so will likely be at Newlands for all 5 days of the Test Match there, which normally starts 2/3rd of January.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Yep. St Lucia.
  • Options
    Going Edgbaston and Oval and husband going old Trafford on a stag and I’m not allowed. Will enter Lords ballot but restricted tickets only. Day 5 on sale and no refunds if it finishes early? Outrageous.
  • Options
    So, i'm off sick today with a bug that i cant shift. Thought , i know, i'll watch a bit of SKY Cricket channel, and see if they have any old replays of WC games etc that i know they normally have, only to find that for the WHOLE day they have replays of the Womens recent WC . Now, i know they should show womens cricket sometimes but not the whole feckin day .
    Annoyed of Luxembourg.
  • Options
    It's I and not i.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

It's I and not i.

aw gawd.
    The next word starts with a capital P.
  • Options
    Please? ;)