Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2018

Comments

• Options
    There's been some utterly useless smug freaks over the years, but that Kurran is rapidly becoming the main man in that field.
  • Options
    I lost interest they were so bad yesterday. I mean, who would decide to teach kids french when you don't know any french to teach them. And they were the bloody winners!
  • Options
    Anyone see how bolt upright he was sitting with his hands on his knees just before they were about to go back into the boardroom?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Anyone see how bolt upright he was sitting with his hands on his knees just before they were about to go back into the boardroom?

Yes. He's robotic.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Very good posture.
  • Options

I lost interest they were so bad yesterday. I mean, who would decide to teach kids french when you don't know any french to teach them. And they were the bloody winners!

Chateauneuf du Pape.
  • Options

Gonna miss that comical ‘young Alan Titchmarsh’ voice !

He reminded me of what I imagine would have been a young Alan Bennett.

Can imagine his djournal entry:

"A Chippy Lord Sugar- Decided to leave the show today. Well I say decided but the deciding was done for me.

Mother met me at the train station and told me to pay no mind to those London folk and that it shows why it's best not to get ideas above our station.

On the way home we stopped at Alfonso's for our tea. I had the soup and mother had spam, egg and chips. Alfonso asked how the food was and mother said "Delightful as usual Alfonso, just delightful" her face beaming at the stoutly middle aged Italian gentlemen.

Mother complained to me the whole way on the bus home that her eggs were to runny and chips overcooked.

It's been of those days."

**interlude, violin music***
    Very good
  • Options
    Macronate said:

That was proper cringeworthy. Probably some get into character technique he learned on some kind of sub standard Drama course. I wouldn't even employ him as an extra, unless as a double for Poldark falling off a Cornish cliff.
  • Options

The bossy boss one thought she was the grande fromage.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Some of the ladies have got ridiculously blue eyes, so much so it looks as though a blue colour grading filter has been applied in photoshop or final cut pro or whatever they use on TV.

I would have sacked all 3 back in the boardroom last night.

Yes, coloured contact lenses John.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That gobby northerner (Sarah Byrne) looks like the parody Miranda Singh. She couldn't wait to air the chip on her shoulder about being "werking class" and about others looking down on her. They will keep her in for comedy value for a few weeks longer than she deserves. Why do these women always turn on each other like a bag of cats as soon as the ante's upped? One of them (Sian Gabbidon) at least kept her composure and stayed out-of-it. Kayode Damali can't stop talking drivel and he won't be long in exiting stage left.

Wasn’t Sarah the one booted out?
    Sorry Large, just catching up with this thread. Yes, you're right. I had formed my opinion before the end and wasn't paying full attention! Was glad to see her pouting her way off at the start of last night's show.
  • Options
    To be fair, surely it was the concept being sold, so not sure the spelling accuracy of the French words was that important.
  • Options
    I put a copy of SENine magazine under my i-pad last night and nothing happened...
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Some of the ladies have got ridiculously blue eyes, so much so it looks as though a blue colour grading filter has been applied in photoshop or final cut pro or whatever they use on TV.

Yes, coloured contact lenses John.
    Coloured contact lenses? tbh I didn't know there was such a thing. Well thats something I've learned today!
  • Options
    Are they not allowed to use Google to help them like they would in the real world? Just seems weird. Might as well just tell them not to print anything off and hand write everything!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

All kinds of this. I wouldn't have kept any of them
  • Options

The way that Frank was nearly crying when he thought he was going to get the boot was ridiculous. Chuck him on the girls team next week.

Why? Are girls less strong than men? Is it a sign of weakness to be upset that you could be fucking up a huge opportunity?

Very strange post.
  • Options
    e>
    Dazzler21 said:

The way that Frank was nearly crying when he thought he was going to get the boot was ridiculous. Chuck him on the girls team next week.

Why? Are girls less strong than men? Is it a sign of weakness to be upset that you could be fucking up a huge opportunity?

Very strange post.
    Not as strange as yours!
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Are they not allowed to use Google to help them like they would in the real world? Just seems weird. Might as well just tell them not to print anything off and hand write everything!

episode 1 would've made for pretty poor tv if both teams had just gone online and bought everything on same day delivery to the boardroom
  • Options
    Macronate said:

When he quickly turned his head to look at the receptionist he reminded me of that puppet from the Saw films.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2018
    rina said:

bellz2002 said:

episode 1 would've made for pretty poor tv if both teams had just gone online and bought everything on same day delivery to the boardroom
    To be fair to them, the format pushes them to stand out when working as a team is important. They are set up to a great extent. Not that some of them aren't complete planks but that is part of the set up and maybe some of them are bright enough to realise that the more extreme you are the more you get noticed. A career in celebrity this or that on ITV2 could beckon if all else fails!
  • Options
    Franks's panic at the prospect of being fired made hypnotic TV, I've never seen anyone in the boardroom so desperate!

A lot of these tasks are actually quite difficult, I wouldn't know where to begin if given a few hours to write a comic story. I imagine David would have survived if it wasn't for the "negatives" part of his pitch
  • Options
    i think the show also suffered when they stopped being an employee you could be a complete shithouse but have a great business plan - for example how does writing a comic book at all help with running a plumbing company/cake business.
  • Options

i think the show also suffered when they stopped being an employee you could be a complete shithouse but have a great business plan - for example how does writing a comic book at all help with running a plumbing company/cake business.

To me the worry is that LS looks at the headline business plans submitted, and that knowledge sways who gets sacked and who stays. David's plan was pretty uninspiring, it made sacking him easier.
  • Options
    My business plan is very simple.

I would flog scarves to the fired candidate/s in the reception area outside the boardroom.

Projected annual turnover would be £1.1miliion in the first year.
  • Options
    First broken bone in the history of the programme?
  • Options
    Right person went...he was hopeless.
  • Options
    Those British doughnuts were a disgrace and the punters who bought them made me angry.