Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Apprentice 2018

Comments

• Options

That gobby northerner (Sarah Byrne) looks like the parody Miranda Singh. She couldn't wait to air the chip on her shoulder about being "werking class" and about others looking down on her. They will keep her in for comedy value for a few weeks longer than she deserves. Why do these women always turn on each other like a bag of cats as soon as the ante's upped? One of them (Sian Gabbidon) at least kept her composure and stayed out-of-it. Kayode Damali can't stop talking drivel and he won't be long in exiting stage left.

Can I be the first to name him
    Not So Wile E Kayode
  • Options
    I watched it last night and I would no longer describe it as a show about business. The editing didn't present any of the candidates as credible professionals - they came across as witless blaggers, each with their own pathetically rehearsed lines of unsubstantiated nonsense. It's nothing more than a pantomime with Karen and Claude playing the parts of the ugly sisters. If I can learn to tolerate Karen Brady's sour face coupled with her nonconstructive bitching at every opportunity, then I'm looking forward to seeing it all unfold over the next few weeks.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Chizz said:

Might not even bother with the rest lost ifs orginality now they all become reality stars afterwards

Which former Apprentice contestants have become "reality stars"?

I know that awful specimen Katie Hopkins has carved out her own type of infamy, but i can't think of many others who have ditched enterprise in favour of a "reality" career.
    luisa zissmann celebrity big brother
    gobby northern one jess i think celebrity big brother

okay all may have been a bit flippant but a few turn up in these awful reality shows and arent they supposed to be business people.
    OK. So a couple of people have been on The Apprentice and then gone on to appear on other reality shows too.
    its more than 2 contestants in the history of the show.
    It's not true to say "they all become reality stars afterwards". In fact, I'm still struggling to find more than one or two. Depending on how far you stretch the definition of "reality star".
    thanks for your concern but this isn't about immigrants, labour, conservatives, tommy robinson, travellers. surely you must trawl on here just to kick off with people and flag them for abuse, IN FACT i dont know why you havent been binned off on here.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I watched it last night and I would no longer describe it as a show about business. The editing didn't present any of the candidates as credible professionals - they came across as witless blaggers, each with their own pathetically rehearsed lines of unsubstantiated nonsense. It's nothing more than a pantomime with Karen and Claude playing the parts of the ugly sisters. If I can learn to tolerate Karen Brady's sour face coupled with her nonconstructive bitching at every opportunity, then I'm looking forward to seeing it all unfold over the next few weeks.

It was never a show about business. That sort of show would be incredibly boring. Ideally you agree an idea and everybody pulls together to make it work. But Sugar would criticise somebody who is trying to make the task work for hiding. So they all have to push themselves to the front and we all know when there are too many chiefs with different ideas, that it is going to go wrong. That is what the programme makers want to happen.
  • Options
    Have any of the winners, or other contestants, been a success in business afterwards?
  • Options
    Apprentice winners,where are they now?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45734661
  • Options
    better to see how a master firer/hirer does it .. Trump's White House staff .. a revolving door crew if ever there was one
  • Options
    These people are cretins.

But you also have to question the sanity of the retailers placing orders for a comic containing grammatical errors and too many commas.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Gonna miss that comical ‘young Alan Titchmarsh’ voice !
  • Options
    iainment said:

Have any of the winners, or other contestants, been a success in business afterwards?

The Chinese bird from Croydon is doing alright, Susan Ma.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought the boys was better and at least made sense!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    They girls won it on their AR, pure and simple.
    Hilarious telly and next weeks looks like the show will keep on giving.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Twelve out of the fourteen original contestants in the first series (2005) are (still) in business. That's a pretty good proportion.

Lindsay Bogaard is the founder of the UK's first national car-sharing agency.
    Tim Campbell launched the Bright Ideas Trust - a training and mentoring program, aimed at supporting young people between 16 - 30 who wanted to start new businesses.
    Raj Dhonota founded his own offshoring company.
    Rachel Groves is head of fundraising for Citizens Advice Bureau.
    SairaTwelve Khan founded a baby skincare company.
    Ben Leary is the owner of a headhunting firm.
    Adele Lock is a salon owner.
    James Max is an investment banker, a columnist for The Times Online and writer for The Sunday Times, the presenter of three weekly shows on London's LBC, and a co-host alongside Simon Amstell for T4's The Morning After Show, as well as several televised segments for TalkSPORT alongside footballer Ian Wright and Adrian Durham, and E4's Get Your Act Together with Harvey Goldsmith.
    Matthew Palmer set up a website aimed at helping those who suffered from fertility-related problems. (His firing came down to the fact that Lord Sugar had found him unsuitable, due to a few unwanted traits he had displayed that included being unnecessarily confrontational. He was a Conservative candidate. I can't confirm whether these two facts are related).
    Miranda Rose is the owner of a successful mail order company and the manager of a self-funded exhibitions company.
    Sebastian Schrimpff returned to Colombia in order to set up and run a number of photography related companies within his home-country.
    Miriam Staley - I don't think she's in business any more.
    Paul Torrisi turned down a job to work with Sugar's son Daniel within Sugar's private jet company Amsair, in order to focus on a career in the media, whereupon he would make appearances on Grandstand, BBC Breakfast, Bargain Hunt, Confessions Of An Estate Agent, T4 and Look North, as well as spin-off show The Apprentice: You're Fired! and BBC Radio and become the presenter for Property Prophets on UKTV Style and UKTV Bright Ideas.
    Adenike Ogundoyin died in 2011.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Chizz said:

iainment said:

Twelve out of the fourteen original contestants in the first series (2005) are (still) in business. That's a pretty good proportion.

Tim Campbell launched the Bright Ideas Trust - a training and mentoring program, aimed at supporting young people between 16 - 30 who wanted to start new businesses.
    James Max is an investment banker, a columnist for The Times Online and writer for The Sunday Times, the presenter of three weekly shows on London's LBC, and a co-host alongside Simon Amstell for T4's The Morning After Show, as well as several televised segments for TalkSPORT alongside footballer Ian Wright and Adrian Durham, and E4's Get Your Act Together with Harvey Goldsmith.
    Matthew Palmer set up a website aimed at helping those who suffered from fertility-related problems. (His firing came down to the fact that Lord Sugar had found him unsuitable, due to a few unwanted traits he had displayed that included being unnecessarily confrontational. He was a Conservative candidate. I can't confirm whether these two facts are related).
    Miranda Rose is the owner of a successful mail order company and the manager of a self-funded exhibitions company.
    Sebastian Schrimpff returned to Colombia in order to set up and run a number of photography related companies within his home-country.
    Paul Torrisi turned down a job to work with Sugar's son Daniel within Sugar's private jet company Amsair, in order to focus on a career in the media, whereupon he would make appearances on Grandstand, BBC Breakfast, Bargain Hunt, Confessions Of An Estate Agent, T4 and Look North, as well as spin-off show The Apprentice: You're Fired! and BBC Radio and become the presenter for Property Prophets on UKTV Style and UKTV Bright Ideas.
    The first few series did have some clever cookies on, however 13 years later the quality is pretty thinly spread.
    It must also be remembered that this program gave us the one and only ........
    KH.jpg 95.4K
  • Options
    Chizz said:

iainment said:

Miriam Staley was appointed in August the CEO of a company called Leading Minds Worldwide.
  • Options
    The wrong bloke got it today. That so called actor has no ability in anything beyond growing his own hair.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The wrong bloke got it today. That so called actor has no ability in anything beyond growing his own hair.

He’s not going to last long
  • Options
    seth plum said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profiles/31yMx8YGTt3c0N98BdCm4Gd/kurran-pooni

Kurran believes he has a keen creative eye and is confident that he’ll cope well with ‘managing egos’. He is inspired in business by his father who started his own airline. Kurran gets irked by people who are out for themselves rather than working collectively for the team and gets especially rattled by people who lie. He says that simply being himself will help him to breeze through the process.
  • Options
    All a bunch of idiots. I only watch to see how bad they can actually be.
  • Options
    I can't even watch it anymore, makes me cringe and I have to turn over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some of the ladies have got ridiculously blue eyes, so much so it looks as though a blue colour grading filter has been applied in photoshop or final cut pro or whatever they use on TV.

I would have sacked all 3 back in the boardroom last night.
  • Options
    Kurran should of gone - complete tosser who has a face you could punch a million times.

Frank - wont last long far too soft, no leadership.

david - yes story writer but give someone a breif of a superhero in out of space you are limited where you can go with it, should of stayed, also volunteered for pm and was outvoted.

if i was on the task would of done something about plastic recycling - a topic that needs addressing.
  • Options

Kurran should of gone - complete tosser who has a face you could punch a million times.

Frank - wont last long far too soft, no leadership.

david - yes story writer but give someone a breif of a superhero in out of space you are limited where you can go with it, should of stayed, also volunteered for pm and was outvoted.

if i was on the task would of done something about plastic recycling - a topic that needs addressing.

As well as wanting to be Pm he also suggested something educational but was shouted down. The actor should have gone, he is utterly useless and vacuous and seems to have no talent. No matter though as Sugar is never going to let a tax man win so not sure why David bothered entering to begin with.

Attestant quality does seem to have dropped but I suspect a lot of that is to do with selective editing, they realised showing people’s worst moments is better TV than showing a fair account some years back.
  • Options
    He is not an actor.
    He is an unemployed extra.

How crap do you have to be, to not get work just standing in the background.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

He is not an actor.
    He is an unemployed extra.

How crap do you have to be, to not get work just standing in the background.

The best bit was when he said he couldn't talk and move at the same time. And then did that weird swaying thing after

Get that man to Hollywood
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Some of the ladies have got ridiculously blue eyes, so much so it looks as though a blue colour grading filter has been applied in photoshop or final cut pro or whatever they use on TV.

I would have sacked all 3 back in the boardroom last night.

Completely agree with this. Very poor showing from all 3 of them in my opinion.

• Options
    The way that Frank was nearly crying when he thought he was going to get the boot was ridiculous. Chuck him on the girls team next week.
  • Options
    Amazing how Frank and the other prat were full of bravado when they returned to the house and greeted the others. I honestly think that this is the worst bunch they have had on and I certainly wouldn't be throwing any cash their way.
  • Options
    The first few weeks are all about car crashes, and very entertaining they are too