Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bodyguard

Comments

• Options
    Ending was a bit weak, the Muslim bird actually being a wrongen isn’t much of a dramatic twist. Thought the main character played his part well.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I also found the ‘sneaky Muslim woman’ ending to be in really poor taste. Yes it’s a drama but Muslim women have got enough on their plates at the moment without a mainstream television programme watched by millions reinforcing the right wing stereotype.
    It was a bit crass imo.

The BBC enforcing a right wing stereotype?
    The world has gone mad I tells ya.
  • Options
    Blimey, nowt as strange as folk as they say
  • Options
    I'm surprised there is a whole thread for this when it was being discussed on the 'new tv series' thread for weeks.

Enjoyed it for what it was. enjoyed the tense moment on the train in the first episode and the cutting of the wire tense bit in the last ep and bits in between. some of it was totally ridiculous, but enjoyed it anyway. Even though I am convinced about a second series I still was holding my breath as he was cutting the wires as a bit of me thought he would explode.

Killing Eve is better though.
  • Options

I enjoyed it, but the script had so many holes in it.
    As if they'd let a bloke with a bomb walk miles through London ffs.

Also, why did they need walkie talkies, when they could hear each other perfectly well ?

Why did they not stand back when he was deactivating the bomb, sticking on crocodile clips and cutting the first wire ?
    But they all stood back when cutting the second wire ? And on and on.

All of the above.
    Plus why would the corrupt chief super Craddock not stay around and make sure Budd was shot after the order came through. She handed over to Deepak ?
    Must of been her tea break.

The fact that "the weak Muslim woman" was an engineer and the bomb maker was a clever twist and will be applauded by feminists for showing a strong women character. (Even if she was an evil deluded terrorist)

Bizarrely, I still enjoyed the series, even though the script had more holes than a Colandar.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I also found the ‘sneaky Muslim woman’ ending to be in really poor taste. Yes it’s a drama but Muslim women have got enough on their plates at the moment without a mainstream television programme watched by millions reinforcing the right wing stereotype.
    It was a bit crass imo.

In the context of the drama the implausibility of the Muslim woman Nadiya revealing herself at the end as an engineer and expert bomb maker is the idea that whatever 'Islamist' group she supposedly belonged to would have been willing to lose that expertise by allowing her to blow herself up as a suicide bomber in the first episode; rather than her 'husband', who simply disappears from the plot after the first couple of episodes?
  • Options

Lost its way after Keeley Hawes was bumped off.

She's coming back in the next series.....
  • Options
    Episode 2 and 4 were my favourite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I'm surprised there is a whole thread for this when it was being discussed on the 'new tv series' thread for weeks.

Enjoyed it for what it was. enjoyed the tense moment on the train in the first episode and the cutting of the wire tense bit in the last ep and bits in between. some of it was totally ridiculous, but enjoyed it anyway. Even though I am convinced about a second series I still was holding my breath as he was cutting the wires as a bit of me thought he would explode.

Killing Eve is better though.

Agreed, who started it? Should have been closed by mods straight away...
  • Options
    I did half expect the happy family car to blow up as it drove off into the sunset.
    Glad we didn't hear at the end the continuity announcer say "Bodyguard will return next year..." No loose ends and like the superb Night Manager no need for a second series.
  • Options
    Saw an interview last night where Jed Mercurio said they were thinking about continuing for another 2 to 3 seasons. Filming middle of next year.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Why is it when suspects are being questioned they always seem to spill the beans and admit to everything. Not just the ridiculous scenes in The Bodyguard but in most American cop shows like CSI , At the end of the day it's unimaginative , lazy writing and it just ends up looking like Scooby Doo for adults.
  • Options

Apologies, my fault. I’m about a thousand posts behind on that thread so hadn’t realised :-(
  • Options

Lost its way after Keeley Hawes was bumped off.

She's coming back in the next series.....
    Absolutely
  • Options
    ....and he would have got away with it if it wasn't for you pesky meddling kids!
  • Options
    Been a good series but be honest the last episode was completely unbelievable. So daft in fact I almost stopped watching.

If you are going to pretend it is a serious piece of drama don't have a James Bond ending.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I liked it but also found it a bit crappy. I filed it under entertainment rather than drama. I still enjoyed it though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The fact that the bodyguard was the only one wearing a seatbelt, the driver looked sober when shown leaving the hotel, before a test revealed he was 4 times over the limit. The Princess told her friend she had news she was going to reveal in days about her relationship to a Muslim sitting besides her in the car who also died as well as the driver.
    And surprise, surprise; the bodyguard lives, but has amnesia !
    This would never happen in real life.

and the paps following them stood by and took photos instead of helping.......

• Options
    Like others I found this enjoyable, undemanding Sunday night viewing and agree that is was refreshing to see a 'proper' conclusion to a programme of this type for a change.
  • Options
    did they clarify who targeted his kids school?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The Muslim girl in custody
  • Options

Ending was a bit weak, the Muslim bird actually being a wrongen isn’t much of a dramatic twist. Thought the main character played his part well.

odds slashed on being the next Bond apparently. Agreed thought he was a decent actor
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The muslim terrorists (woman in the first episode).
  • Options
    Riviera said:

odds slashed on being the next Bond apparently. Agreed thought he was a decent actor
    Too short and he's Scottish, you can't have a Scot playing Bond...
    I also think he's too short. Having watched McMafia earlier this year I think James Norton would be a slightly better choice than Richard Madden.