Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bodyguard

Thought that was outstanding, brilliant drama series

Comments

• Some glaring problems with the script but the acting was goo so overall I'm happy with it.
  • Thought that was outstanding, brilliant drama series

Ditto, AFKA.

And for once, there was a proper ending instead of leaving us all scratching our heads & muttering " What the feck was all that about ?"
    But series two concentrates on his wife's boyfriend. Who knew everything about his movements and his children's schools...
  • Some glaring problems with the script but the acting was goo so overall I'm happy with it.

Goo is a good description;-)
  • Why is it though I watch 6 1/2 hours of these programmes and the ending is revealed in 2 mins
  • edited September 2018
    Amazing how different people view the same thing.

This was 1 comment on this thread

Ditto, AFKA.

And for once, there was a proper ending instead of leaving us all scratching our heads & muttering " What the feck was all that about ?"
    Then on another thread there was this

Bedsaddick
    10:24PM
    What pile of steaming turd The Bodyguard finale was . Utterly ridiculous . Made no sense whatsoever .
    The whole scene in the courtyard with the bomb was like a comedy it was so bad .
    I can’t believe I stuck with it.
  • Amazing how different people view the same thing.

Ditto, AFKA.

Bedsaddick
    What pile of steaming turd The Bodyguard finale was . Utterly ridiculous . Made no sense whatsoever .
    The whole scene in the courtyard with the bomb was like a comedy it was so bad .
    It’s called opinion Paulie. I hated it others loved it . It’s allowed
  • Enjoyed it immensely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Amazing how different people view the same thing.

Ditto, AFKA.

Bedsaddick

Amazing how different people view the same thing.

Ditto, AFKA.

Bedsaddick
    It’s called opinion Paulie. I hated it others loved it . It’s allowed
    Fully aware its called an opinion and did I say anything bad did I say either 1 of you was wrong.

I know you have an issue with me beds for some reason despite never meeting me you always have to dig at me.

I simply said its amazing how 2 peoples opinion is so different
  • We ain't gonna start arguing over a tv series.
    Is there anything we can't argue about on CL
  • Also enjoying Strangers and Killing Eve. Been watching Press too but a load of tosh really.
  • Agree with Beds on thIs. Thought it was pony
    Killing Eve lightyears ahead of it for acting, originality and entertainment
    Box set on iplayer too so no hanging around.
  • Thought it was a good idea for the show but the ending was pretty terrible.
  • I enjoyed it, but the script had so many holes in it.
    As if they'd let a bloke with a bomb walk miles through London ffs.

Also, why did they need walkie talkies, when they could hear each other perfectly well ?

Why did they not stand back when he was deactivating the bomb, sticking on crocodile clips and cutting the first wire ?
    But they all stood back when cutting the second wire ? And on and on.
  • I really enjoyed it all, then this last one let me down a bit to be honest. Some of the acting and dialogue was ridiculously hammy. All that said, I enjoyed and was gripped by every other episode and I'm glad they tied the plot up.

• Lost its way after Keeley Hawes was bumped off.
  • I feel like the only person in the UK who thought it was a load of shite. Ridiculous plot that made no sense whatsoever
  • Sponsored links:

• Also enjoying Strangers and Killing Eve. Been watching Press too but a load of tosh really.

not often I agree with you bro' but this time you're spot on with all 3.
  • Pretty crappy finale.At least i learnt to dismantle a bomb vest.
  • The series has become the most talked about British series here in China! I just watched the finale. It definitely reminded me of Line of Duty. The series on the whole is very entertaining and I really hope there will be a second season. But saying that, I still think Line of Duty is better and absolutely can't wait for the fifth season!

By the way, a few days ago I saw someone on a Chinese site posted a detailed description of the finale, saying because of his work he (maybe it was 'she') got to watch the episode (and it was before Sunday). I didn't read the details as I didn't want any spoilers. But the thread did start a heated discussion. And now the thread has been deleted by the poster himself and those who have read it are saying it was accurate (including particular lines of main characters), meaning the poster indeed watched it before the general public or even had a copy of it. I kind of wonder how could he be allowed to post all those things. And didn't he realise he could lose his job by doing so? Quite reckless.
  • It was alright but in no way justified the hype. All got a bit silly at the end and then the totally incongruous happy ever after ending like a 90s sitcom’s final episode.

Also, if the tape that was holding his thumb to the trigger could be used to hold the trigger down just by cutting the tape and resealing the tape under his thumb, then it was holding the trigger down the whole time and even if he let go it still wouldn’t have gone off.
  • Anyone watch Plague.....I thoroughly enjoyed it, though very hard to follow at times?
    Max concentration needed, a wonderful production, acting and screen sets all superb......must have cost a fortune to produce.
  • Liked it but preferred killing Eve for its humour.
  • Made by ITV being sold to Netflix and a BBC wet dream in inclusivity... ticks all the boxes.

Agreed about the Keely comment, when she went it took a dive.
  • good drama spoilt by a soft ending which wasn't worthy of the plot. Guess it was so they can make another series if they so wish - pity