Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

R.I.P Chas Hodges

Comments

• Options
    Very sad news. RIP Chas.
  • Options
    Sad news. RIP
  • Options
    RIP

Saw documentary couple years ago and he played for lots of legends when they toured this country.
  • Options
    See em a couple of times. Both talented musicians

RIP Chas and thanks for the music
  • Options

@Carter

Blinding mate absolutely blinding , I don’t go on about me dad very often but Chas and Dave were everything to him , pretty much all day xmas day they would be belting out if the stereo with the old man in full swing

The night at the Milford last year was a genuine quality music night me and my good lady singing dancing and just smiling it’s not a novelty act to make people happy it’s a gift and the man was truly gifted

Oh mate, so many nights like that, in the last few years my missus has become a lover of them too. She needed some convincing to come along the first time I took her to see them and the beauty with them is it was always so easy to have a good time, as you say. Sing, dance and generally be uplifted
  • Options
    Terrific respect before entering website

chasndave.com
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They were on the bill about five years ago at a punk festival, I remember thinking wtf as if punks would like em?
    We struggled to get in to the venue despite other top bands playing at the other venues.
    In the end they had to turn people away the place was so full and they had the crowd eating out of there hands they were truly superb,one of my best gigs.
    Such a shame I will never see them again however I feel privileged to off done so.
    Rip Chas.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Sad news. A really talented session musician too before finding fame RIP

He's played with an alarming number of very successful bands and acts.

A good friend of mine is heavily involved in the local music scene and knows them and the libertines very well. There is a place in Chatham called the tap n tin. I got a text message off Deano about 15 years ago maybe more telling me to get my arse there on this particular Saturday night and up to the top floor. I duly did this and spent the night either up to no good with Carl Barat and watching a supposedly sober Pete Docherty fall all over the place. I was drinking snakebite that night and lost all hearing for most of the week after standing right in front of Chas and Dave as they and the drummer from the Libertines absolutely had it. The place was packed and they didn't give a shit, played and played and played, sweat would drip off the walls and ceiling in there and they were all drenched just kept getting beers and smokes given to them and they kept on playing!

I was sad when Prince and Bowie left us but truth be told I wasn't really a Prince fan until a saw him at the Top Farm and Bowie, whilst I loved his hits I wasn't a connoisseur but Chas and Dave, I have never had a bad time when they have been within 200 yards of me and their music is more than a novelty so, so much more. As musicians they are so effortlessly good and professional. They are one of the acts that guaranteed I would feel like I was walking on air as I left their shows and whilst I suspected he Albert Hall show might have been the last time I saw them I didn't really believe it.

If any social media crusader were to start a push to get Gertcha, Rabbit, Margate, Sideboard song, wallop, snooker loopy, Ain't no pleasing you or one of about a thousand other of their hits up to number 1 they would have my support

God bless you Chas, I'm really sad about his passing. The world is a bit less fun today
    Great tribute, Dan - I couldn't possibly add anything more to that.

RIP Chas
  • Options
    RIP Chas
  • Options
    Gone but his music will live on.

Thanks Chas. And thoughts out to Dave.
  • Options
    I've educated my whole evening to Chas since getting home, watching a Chas and Dave documentary, the Christmas Knees Up and now Heads Hands and Feet.

Much better musicians than many realise.

RIP Chas
  • Options
    cockney legend .. R I P
  • Options
    RIP. Gutted.
  • Options
    Brilliant musician who never got the recognition he deserved because he chose to sing in his natural accent.

Seeing him play in the bar at Southend's Railway Hotel was one of the best nights of my life.

RIP Chas
  • Options
    RIP Chas. thanks for being part of UKs great rock scene.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The bloke was majorly talented and maxxed it out. Great technician and great entertainer.
  • Options
    Had a radio show which he nearly had appeared on but got ill. He came across as a really sweet man and genuine bloke whose music I loved for its sheer join in ability
  • Options
    Very sad news , RIP Chas
  • Options
    RIP Chas
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

RIP

Saw documentary couple years ago and he played for lots of legends when they toured this country.

Was about to say just the same thing.

thought they were just a late 70's / early 80's working mans outfit until I watched that programme.

Respect & RIP.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Toured with The Killer! That's "The" Killer and not Killer...
    He was a session musician for Joe Meek and Ralf Little played him in Telstar - The Joe Meek Story, good film and Chas had a cameo in it too as did a few of Meek's employees.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    Riviera said:

Toured with The Killer! That's "The" Killer and not Killer...
    He was a session musician for Joe Meek and Ralf Little played him in Telstar - The Joe Meek Story, good film and Chas had a cameo in it too as did a few of Meek's employees.

Good film. James Corden played Clem Cattini…

Chas also played with Gene Vincent.