Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

R.I.P Chas Hodges

It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the passing of our very own Chas Hodges. Despite receiving successful treatment for oesophageal cancer recently, Chas suffered organ failure and passed away peacefully in his sleep in the early hours of this morning. https://t.co/bwxqfHUjUg

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2018
    Nothing on the news but that has come from Chas n Daves official twitter account.

Very said
  • Options
    RIP - did some great tunes
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP love Chas and Dave
  • Options
    Oh no - what a talented bloke he was. Sad news indeed. RIP Chas.
  • Options
    Gutted, saw C&D on numerous occasions. Even had the joy to meet the boys.

RIP lad.
  • Options
    A musical hero of mine. Absolutely gutted
  • Options
    Saw him a couple of years back at the caterham car warehouse/building in Crayford/Slade Green
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Chas. Legend.
  • Options

So glad my good lady bought me tickets to see them live at the milfield theatre last year

Proper London

Proper British icon

Proper legend

Proper Tottenham.
    Tottenham Hotspur Royalty.

Absolutely heartbroken. RIP Chas x
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    So sad, I saw them a few times and despite being known for novelty records, they were amazing musicians and brilliant live...RIP
  • Options
    How very very sad....loved C & D, always made me smile, great songs and genuinely nice people. RIP Sir, my condolences to family and friends.
  • Options
    RIP. Despite the semi comedy image he was a tremendous musician and a lovely guy by all accounts.
  • Options
    RIP Chas
  • Options
    Sad news indeed,RIP Chas
    Saw them live and they were brilliant
  • Options
    RIP, a real shame. So glad I made the effort to go and see them play a couple of times in recent years, fantastic live act.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP great character
  • Options
    Very sad news. RIP
  • Options
    RIP saw them at the Amersham Arms bout 15 years ago it was like a punk gig
  • Options
    Photographed him in 2001, HydePark, 'Proms in the Park'.
    An act I did not expect on that stage, at the end of the performance I understood why..... Superb Live Act.
  • Options
    Gertcha and RIP.

Legend
  • Options
    RIP ...I will raise a glass to you after the game Chas
  • Options
    RIP Chas - a great musician.

Little known fact is that he once stood in for Roger Glover on bass for Deep Purple at a concert in the early 70s. Very talented man.
  • Options
    Met them in 1982 in Bromley when they did some fundraising with my dad who was assistant director at Cystic Fibrosis Trust. I was 12 at the time. I didn’t really like their style of music but I had a soft spot for them because of that encounter. He and Dave were a lot of fun. RIP.
  • Options
    Sad news. A really talented session musician too before finding fame RIP
  • Options
    RIP Chas.