Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

75 inch television

Comments

• Options
    Size is not important, it's what you do with it
  • Options
    I have had a fantastic money saving idea. Buy a smaller TV and sit closer to it :)
  • Options

I'm happy with my 42 inches, but enough about my compost bin

If you're going for a massive TV Talal, I assume you'll be going for the full works, with surround sound etc as well

• Options

That’s what all the ladies say to you?
  • Options
    as my old dad might have said .. 'careful or you'll end up with square eyes' .. ((:>)
  • Options
    edited September 2018
  • Options
    One of ours is 75" and really loving it. I'll check with my other half but think is cost upwards of your budget
  • Options
    Measured the distance earlier, will be roughly 13 feet from tv. Plan on getting a swivel wall mount as well so will reduce some more. Am now swaying towards 65" despite that inch calculator website saying 75" should be fine.

Also been looking at whether to get sky or virgin. Am I right in thinking virgin only offer bt sport in 4k, not sky sports channels? Does 4k even make much difference from distance?

• Options
    Think there's a saying about a man who needs a 75" TV....
  • Options

But in your heart of hearts you really don't believe that sympathetic chat you had with that very ex-girlfriend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My Mrs is a This Is Us fanatic and all I keep thinking is looking up and seeing the fat bird off it on a 75' telly, she'd be mahoosive
  • Options

Oi leave my micropenis out of this.
  • Options
    Christ alive, I dread to think how much a 75" tv would cost.

We bought a 65" one for our log cabin last year (Sony 4k UHD, handily with Android built in for Kodi & VPN ahem cough) and that cost an arm and a leg at the time but they threw in a wireless soundbar and subwoofer which made it a little more paletteable.

I sit about 15ft away from it and wouldn't want one any bigger. Our house is on the large side and the way our 3 reception rooms are, we can just about fit a 55" in the living room but the others we've got two 42". Anything else and it
    Talal said:

Measured the distance earlier, will be roughly 13 feet from tv. Plan on getting a swivel wall mount as well so will reduce some more. Am now swaying towards 65" despite that inch calculator website saying 75" should be fine.

Also been looking at whether to get sky or virgin. Am I right in thinking virgin only offer bt sport in 4k, not sky sports channels? Does 4k even make much difference from distance?

Something to bear in mind, Sky wont tell you that 4k is only with their 2TB Q box. You can't get 4k through their mini-boxes either. Which was a huge fcuking disappointment given I can only watch the football in 4k in the living room and nowhere else, which gives my wife the hump!
  • Options
    Talal said:

13ft, full benefit of 4K = 100in screen. You best upgrade that set size not downgrade!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

We bought a 65" one for our log cabin last year (Sony 4k UHD, handily with Android built in for Kodi & VPN ahem cough) and that cost an arm and a leg at the time but they threw in a wireless soundbar and subwoofer which made it a little more paletteable.

I sit about 15ft away from it and wouldn't want one any bigger. Our house is on the large side and the way our 3 reception rooms are, we can just about fit a 55" in the living room but the others we've got two 42". Anything else and it

Talal said:

Something to bear in mind, Sky wont tell you that 4k is only with their 2TB Q box. You can't get 4k through their mini-boxes either. Which was a huge fcuking disappointment given I can only watch the football in 4k in the living room and nowhere else, which gives my wife the hump!
    Thanks yh am aware I'd have to get 2tb box (£199 install what a piss take). I'll just have to say to the missus that I've no choice but to watch it on the bigger screen given the money spent!

Is the difference between 4k and regular hd very noticeable?
  • Options
    Talal said:

JohnBoyUK said:

Talal said:

Thanks yh am aware I'd have to get 2tb box (£199 install what a piss take). I'll just have to say to the missus that I've no choice but to watch it on the bigger screen given the money spent!

Is the difference between 4k and regular hd very noticeable?
    The difference you'll get with Sky is noticeable but not outstanding. Netflix is better as a lot of their shows come in HDR as well which is generally regarded as a bigger leap over 4K.

The best way to view 4k is with UHD BluRays. I've got Planet Earth 2 and it's absolutely stunning.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Talal said:

13ft, full benefit of 4K = 100in screen. You best upgrade that set size not downgrade!
    Need to consider the height of it though. It'll be above a fireplace on wall and don't want to risk looking up too much (soundbar would eat into a bit of space too).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But in your heart of hearts you really don't believe that sympathetic chat you had with that very ex-girlfriend.
    Who told you about that?
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Talal said:

So I take it your worth a few shekles.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

We bought a 65" one for our log cabin last year

• Options
    Can’t you still get them magnifying glass that you stand in front of tele to make it bigger they used to be in them supplement magazines in papers selling all sorts of useless shit.ha ha
  • Options

Shit eyesight?
  • Options
    IdleHans said:

log cabin = shed

You were right!!
  • Options
    We used to have a Pye, black and white, 10" TV in the 1950's.

Although I was a bit smaller then.