Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Talk Sport - Jim White (ed. Page 21 - Grapevine destroys Roland)

Comments

• Options
    It’s been sitting in my bottom drawer for months. You can keep hold of it Paul. Until it’s needed again. I wished I had cut the fray off!
  • Options

Arghh Bottom left corner is me, fuck knows why my tongue is half hanging out my mouth.

FYI I still have the banner if whoever gave it to me to take in wants to reclaim it
    I gave it to you Paulie & Curb It gave it to me ooh err.
    It’s a fucking banner, not an STD.
    I can see a head lock coming :-) .
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    RedChaser said:

Arghh Bottom left corner is me, fuck knows why my tongue is half hanging out my mouth.

FYI I still have the banner if whoever gave it to me to take in wants to reclaim it
    He’s pushing his luck! :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    Curb_It said:

RedChaser said:

He’s pushing his luck! :-)
    He was pretty useful back in the day but I know who my money is on now :wink: .
  • Options

My banners being passed around like currency lol
  • Options

Didn't say too much. Murphy non-commital, citing he doesn't know enough about the situation to be able to look at 'it' from both sides! Bob Mills was very good though and very supportive.

Jim White confirmed he had heard from Charlton today, who in turn stated that Duchatelet had been in contact with them this morning after hearing Jim White had been trying to get hold of him. Highly doubtful scenario in my opinion, just more sound bites from the club to get White off their case.

He was also very complimentary about the reception he got from fans at The Valley on Saturday and stated he'll continue to try and get hold of Duchatelet.

This was kind of it really, but at the end of the day, it's more good publicity.

Yeah don't worry Murphy, it's only your job to do that.
    It shows you the lack of intellectual depth that the vast majority of footballers/pundits have, that when the topic steers away from the merits of a flat back four versus a back three, they flounder and flop like an octopus washed up on deck, with no interest in the wider game and it’s direction.

I remember when there was the period of civil unrest in Barcelona following the vote for independence, and on Five Live there was a panel of football journalists, along with Charlie Adam and Kevin Kilbane. The discussion turned to the ethics of Barcelona dropping out of the Spanish league, and possibly playing elsewhere in Europe.

When Adam and Kilbane were asked for their opinion, their lack of knowledge that the Catalans even had a separatist movement was astonishing, neither of them had any idea what was going on in Barcelona at the time, and it really embellished for me the kind of bubble that football people live in (for the most part).

In the case of Danny Murphy he undoubtedly sees CAFC as some kind of cash cow that he has squeezed all he needed from (for a season and a half of mediocrity), so probably doesn’t give a flying fuck what happens to us.

Interesting that you reference Barcelona/Catalonia.
    You will remember that Gary Lineker made a point learning the Catalan language and giving post-match interviews in Catalan not Spanish when he played for Barca.

People like Murphy take the easy option by bowing out of anything beyond their comfort zone even though they are being paid so to do - but they also play it both ways by sometimes having a go at the views of non-football playing people by saying 'well you never played the game'.

• Options

Didn't say too much. Murphy non-commital, citing he doesn't know enough about the situation to be able to look at 'it' from both sides! Bob Mills was very good though and very supportive.

Jim White confirmed he had heard from Charlton today, who in turn stated that Duchatelet had been in contact with them this morning after hearing Jim White had been trying to get hold of him. Highly doubtful scenario in my opinion, just more sound bites from the club to get White off their case.

He was also very complimentary about the reception he got from fans at The Valley on Saturday and stated he'll continue to try and get hold of Duchatelet.

This was kind of it really, but at the end of the day, it's more good publicity.

Yeah don't worry Murphy, it's only your job to do that.
    It shows you the lack of intellectual depth that the vast majority of footballers/pundits have, that when the topic steers away from the merits of a flat back four versus a back three, they flounder and flop like an octopus washed up on deck, with no interest in the wider game and it’s direction.

I remember when there was the period of civil unrest in Barcelona following the vote for independence, and on Five Live there was a panel of football journalists, along with Charlie Adam and Kevin Kilbane. The discussion turned to the ethics of Barcelona dropping out of the Spanish league, and possibly playing elsewhere in Europe.

When Adam and Kilbane were asked for their opinion, their lack of knowledge that the Catalans even had a separatist movement was astonishing, neither of them had any idea what was going on in Barcelona at the time, and it really embellished for me the kind of bubble that football people live in (for the most part).

In the case of Danny Murphy he undoubtedly sees CAFC as some kind of cash cow that he has squeezed all he needed from (for a season and a half of mediocrity), so probably doesn’t give a flying fuck what happens to us.

Interesting that you reference Barcelona/Catalonia.
    You will remember that Gary Lineker made a point learning the Catalan language and giving post-match interviews in Catalan not Spanish when he played for Barca.

People like Murphy take the easy option by bowing out of anything beyond their comfort zone even though they are being paid so to do - but they also play it both ways by sometimes having a go at the views of non-football playing people by saying 'well you never played the game'.

This pisses me off, you don't need to have played football at any serious level to get it or to have sensible opinions. Granted there are elements to the professional game that only professionals would be aware of however now top level footballers are cosseted and distanced more than ever there are things those of us who have only played at mediocre levels probably get more than them.

When it's a freezing midweek game you want to see players out in the elements as early as possible getting their lungs used to the freezing air, the surface, warming their muscles up because it's what any amateur player knows needs to happen. This is one example

In the case of Karl Robinson, I could see within 10 minutes if we were going to be allowed to do what we wanted or of the opposition had sussed us out. With that in mind how the fuck couldn't the players or Robinson seen that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't doubt that Jim will ask the right questions.
    If I thought for one minute that Duchatelet would give direct, relevant and coherent responses I could get quite excited.
    I expect blame, recrimination, flannel and flawed logic
  • Options
    From tomorrow? How long can Roland string this out for?
  • Options
    Lie after lie after lie.............utterly predictable.
  • Options
    There must be direct contact with White - surely its time to prime him with the unexpected questions for Duchatelet?
  • Options
    Waste of time and effort.
  • Options
    We all know it will be the usual bollox - lets hope Roland loses his cool with the 2 mins he gets whilst waiting for the 10 mins of ads.
  • Options

From tomorrow? How long can Roland string this out for?

The thread “Sale of Charlton” started 18 months ago....

Don’t go there!!

Double that, we are in March 2020

https://rlv.zcache.co.uk/the_tunnel_light_funny_saying_mouse_mat-r234eaf26fa534c46a3c16a05693f5995_x74vi_8byvr_307.jpg
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    {...}
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

{...}

HUH
  • Options
    Roland playing the long game, I fear his long game now is born of spite and revenge
  • Options
    Ask him who's running the gaff.
  • Options

Wouldn’t surprise me if he’s already spoken to RD and this is a recorded interview. Can’t see Roland going live on air although I’d love to be wrong.

Shouty Jim was out there last night, so more than likely it's a recorded interview. Should have done the interview on Mad Tuesday instead.
  • Options
    Interesting to see Jim’s location is Brussels, Belgium, I’d guess it was recorded yesterday.