Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 11 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

124»

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2018
    Agree with the above.

Can’t/won’t attend today, but have butterflies. Sh1t owner, club’s in a mess, squad’s way too thin, but the players we do have are a great bunch.

Looking forward to the Naby solo effort winner.
  • Options
    Can't see beyond a low scoring bore draw myself.

That fact that I'm missing the opening home game of the season, which I nearly always get to and look forward to checking out the new players, etc. and that I'm not really bothered by that saddens me. My Charlton mojo has been well and truly, if temporarily, lost. Hoping by 5:00pm I'll be feeling more enthusiastic about our season than I am now.
  • Options
    Shrewsbury have lost their manager from last season plus several of their better players.
    Even though we have a small injury plagued squad that will finish mid table I expect to win today.
    3.1 Charlton
  • Options
    Really looking forward to today. I love the first home game of the season.
    It sounds like it will be easy to get to the bar in the pub. Excellent.
  • Options
    9899i9
  • Options
    popping oil o99
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I think he is certain to play given the size of the squad and players avialable. Hope he takes his opportunity. Can see us hanging on at the end so the question will be how we do during the start and middle! They were a rough team last season and that bothers me - if we win and a couple more get injured, it could be a costly three points.
  • Options
    Can’t see us winning this one. We don’t have a strong enough squad to cope with injuries. 3-0 defeat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:

Can’t see us winning this one. We don’t have a strong enough squad to cope with injuries. 3-0 defeat

And they will be aware of that,so prepare for a good roughing up in the first 15.
  • Options
    Very excited.

But not about this match or this season.
  • Options
    we've got to win tonight. Common Taylor if i had hair like yours we would win every night baby
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    ozaddick said:

I’m over from oz and I’ve made other plans instead of getting to the game. I’m usually proper excited about getting down the valley at the start of the season if I’m here.

But I just cannot be arsed with Charlton with RD in charge. I feel apathy. I watched the game in a bar in Kuala Lumpur last week, and was jumping out of my seat all game. Then Charlton done a Charlton, and lose in the 96th minute.

LB not even filling the bench pissed me off. As if RD gives a flying fuck how many players we field.

So I apologise for my crap attitude this morning, it’s very unlike me, but I couldn’t give a shite about Charlton at the mo. And that kills me.

I also think we will lose today. 0-2.

Hip Hip Hoo feckin Ray.

Keep the faith @ozaddick and let me know when you're over again mate we're doing Blackpool 8 December and staying over hopefully :wink: .