Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Shrewsbury | Sat 11 Aug | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Stefan Payne has just left Shrewsbury for Bristol Rovers

Thats another big threat in front of goal gone for them!!
  • Options
    Substitutes Bench: Maynard-Brewer | Maloney | Ajose | Hackett-Fairchild

*gulp*

State of us.
  • Options
    2-0 to LB &JJ's red and white army
  • Options

They've got rid of five and signed four so far this month (since 2nd); the signings are Waterfall (Lincoln), Norburn (Tranmere), Grant (Peterboro), and Docherty (Rangers).
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

They've got rid of five and signed four so far this month (since 2nd); the signings are Waterfall (Lincoln), Norburn (Tranmere), Grant (Peterboro), and Docherty (Rangers).
    All of them are pretty risky in terms of signings though... gotta continuing hoping that the buying from lower league will help apart from Anthony Grant
  • Options
    0-1 loss

A 4-4-2 variant with an unfit Pearce and Taylor starting.

Subs bench

AMB, Sarr

Sarr to come on for Pearce in the 82 minute.

Seriously, wtf has happened to me....CL you destroyed my optimism...
  • Options
    Is Pearce fit? He had a scan on Sunday. Bowyer likes to keep the opposition guessing.
  • Options
    0-3 a mistake ridden miserable defeat.
  • Options
    We win 2-1
  • Options
    Got no idea how Shrewsbury will play, they've had such a turnaround in players and management.

I can see us playing well, but running out of steam again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    still no news on Pearce. If he's out then expect Sarr on the team & the bench to be emptier than the stands.

Shrews to win at a canter. 0-3
  • Options
    Foresee a crap game but we might just creep over the line - 2-1.
  • Options
    We need to stay positive after last weeks' blow.
  • Options

still no news on Pearce. If he's out then expect Sarr on the team & the bench to be emptier than the stands.

Shrews to win at a canter. 0-3

Come on Golfie. If we lose 3-0 I'll buy you two pints.
  • Options
    0-3
  • Options
    Pearce out for a couple of games, hopefully he's including the MKD cup game!

• Options
    edited August 2018
    They have been well and truly, raided. Manager, Nolan, Payne, Nsiala, Rodman and Ogogo all gone, all outstanding players for them last season. Also lost their two good loan players, Godfrey and Henderson.

It should be a comfortable win for us imo but it won't be. I'm gonna go with 1-1. Aribo with our goal
  • Options

0-1 loss

A 4-4-2 variant with an unfit Pearce and Taylor starting.

Subs bench

AMB, Sarr

Sarr to come on for Pearce in the 82 minute.

Taylor to pick up a groin strain on 61 minutes and carry on.

Seriously, wtf has happened to me....CL you destroyed my optimism...

• Options
    edited August 2018
    We will beat them on Saturday and Taylor will add to his goal last week. The new signing tomorrow will be on the bench and I also think that Mascoll will be too.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr
    Marshall Aribo Pratley Page
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Steer, Mascoll, Maloney, Hackett-Fairchild, Ajose

Charlton Athletic 2-0 Shrewsbury Town
  • Options
    we always seem to do better when we are not favourites .....hopefully that’s now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2018
    2-1 loss...extra time winner for them.
  • Options

They have been well and truly, raided. Manager, Nolan, Payne, Nsiala, Rodman and Ogogo all gone, all outstanding players for them last season. Also lost their two good loan players, Godfrey and Henderson.

It should be a comfortable win for us imo but it won't be. I'm gonna go with 1-1. Aribo with our goal

But they have signed about a dozen players since....
  • Options
    Sage said:

We will beat them on Saturday and Taylor will add to his goal last week. The new signing tomorrow will be on the bench and I also think that Mascoll will be too, meaning we will have six on the bench (go us!) unless someone like Dawkins signs in time to be in the squad.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Maynard-Brewer, Mascoll, Maloney, *New Loan Signing*, Hackett-Fairchild, Ajose

I agree both the players and the result, but I think he will stick with 4-4-2.

Think he may switch Lapslie and Marshall over to prevent them for continuing the Sunderland second half plan of attacking an isolated Page.
  • Options
    What happened to them making a decision either way on Dawkins
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Sage said:

We will beat them on Saturday and Taylor will add to his goal last week. The new signing tomorrow will be on the bench and I also think that Mascoll will be too, meaning we will have six on the bench (go us!) unless someone like Dawkins signs in time to be in the squad.

Phillips
    Solly Bauer Sarr
    Lapslie
    Taylor Grant

Maynard-Brewer, Mascoll, Maloney, *New Loan Signing*, Hackett-Fairchild, Ajose

I agree both the players and the result, but I think he will stick with 4-4-2.

Think he may switch Lapslie and Marshall over to prevent them for continuing the Sunderland second half plan of attacking an isolated Page.
    The way Bowyer has spoken since the final whistle at Sunderland has suggested that he may continue with the 3 at the back. I also can’t see Shrewsbury matching us up the same way Sunderland did, they will come to us with their game plan. The other part is we haven’t got any other players that they could have worked with for Saturday so I think they would have worked on the same formation throughout the week.
  • Options
    Have we played the same team for last home fixture and first home fixture in consecutive seasons previously. We'll see how far apart we are again. They're fans must be gutted to get so close and haemorrhage talent.

Maybe a 2-1 win in front of lowest opening home game crowd since 80's.

Carnival atmosphere in the stands as fans do the conga to the tune, 'Things can only get better'
  • Options

Dawkins has probably told us to get stuffed coz we are wasting his time!
  • Options

Bowyer was talking bollox again.....
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Dawkins has probably told us to get stuffed coz we are wasting his time!
    don't blame him.
  • Options
    1-1 draw