Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor injury (ed. Again)

Comments

• Options
    Sounded bad though. You don’t get stretched off with immediate comments if it’s gonna be an easy one.

Hope I’m wrong.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Being a dislocated shoulder, that’s around 3/4 months so we are talking around February-March

3-4 months lmao I was back playing football and squash after 6 weeks and it's given me very few problems since.
    That was you and obviously not too severe. Igor has gone to hospital so they obviously believe it is bad enough. Dislocated shoulders can take around 16 weeks to recover from if they’re bad, some may even need surgery.

It’s probably best to leave the time frame to the professionals. As I said, you must’ve got lucky with the severity of your shoulder dislocation.
  • Options
    With absolutely no experience of the injury or medical knowledge, I'd guess that because he is more ripped than Cullen, his injury would be more difficult to relocate but easier to recover from.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited November 2018
    Missus is nurse & says it does depend on the severity of injury but reckons dislocated shoulder could take from 4 to 6 weeks to heal. It being Vetekele & his luck with injuries, recovery is likely to be at the upper end, so double that.
  • Options
    Thanks Sage. I assume you are alluding to strengthening quads to protect hammys and abs to avoid back trouble. It was something I always neglected until there was a problem and I suspect professional football is no different.
  • Options
    Mo Salah had a very quick recovery for the World Cup but I am clutching at straws. A brilliant win and yet more injuries, so fed up with it.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Thanks Sage. I assume you are alluding to strengthening quads to protect hammys and abs to avoid back trouble. It was something I always neglected until there was a problem and I suspect professional football is no different.

I’m a sports scientist so am alluding to all muscles, but yes, each set will have a postural and dynamic muscle and it is an extremely common theme where we neglect and undertrain the stabilisers. So for example, we have the supraspinatus which is a stabiliser (postural muscle) and then we have the trapezius or deltoids which are more of a dynamic muscle.
  • Options
    Any tips to help hammys that have been fcukd for 15 years? Can run for a bus but spend next day walking like a cripple. Tried cortisone injection but despite an ultrascan, the medic was asking where it hurt, which lying face down on a bench it didn't.
  • Options

Any tips to help hammys that have been fcukd for 15 years? Can run for a bus but spend next day walking like a cripple. Tried cortisone injection but despite an ultrascan, the medic was asking where it hurt, which lying face down on a bench it didn't.

Lots of research on hamstring injuries, and still not enough is understood about them unfortunately. What happens all the time, especially in sport, is when people think they’re working the hamstrings by stretch or by strength, they’re not. Instead they’re working the sciatic nerve.

Honestly, I’m not a doctor or chartered physio, so it’s not for me to say or have a proper full on opinion, but things that can be looked at could be the type of shoes/trainers you wear? Are you flat footed or maybe over arched plantar fascia? (This can alter your walking gait which when running can put pressures on specific areas where they might be weaker, being your hamstrings) Do you get lower back pain? Many hamstring problems actually stem from LBP and problems in the glutes. Do you feel your quads are so lot strong than your hamstrings? Core stability can maybe have an impact too.

They’re just ideas, however I genuinely couldn’t possibly say or give a diagnosis, even if I have an opinion, which I don’t due to not knowing you unfortunately.

After so long it’s gunna be tough, but I hope they improve and you get it sorted eventually.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Thanks Sage. I research footwear and wear decent stuff so put that aside. I do pronate outwards and have quite a high arch but keep hips low and don't overstride until I put the burners on. LBP is a big issue but surely a chicken and egg situation. Luckily I'm at the age where I now just wait for the next bus but thanx for your input.
  • Options

It depends how bad - If you can get it back in quickly it shouldn't be too bad - if not you probably will need surgery as the area swells and you are talking much longer.

Well you can bet your life a Charlton player's injury will be more on the 'it's really bad' side than 'back quickly'
  • Options

Thanks Sage. I research footwear and wear decent stuff so put that aside. I do pronate outwards and have quite a high arch but keep hips low and don't overstride until I put the burners on. LBP is a big issue but surely a chicken and egg situation. Luckily I'm at the age where I now just wait for the next bus but thanx for your input.

LBP is a killer to have and fix. But that is always the first thing, if you can get some extra strength in the lower back and around the core, you’ll begin to find things much easier. All the best
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Sage said:

LBP is a killer to have and fix. But that is always the first thing, if you can get some extra strength in the lower back and around the core, you’ll begin to find things much easier. All the best
    Knowingly off-topic but can say from experience that doing core exercises religiously, including through mild pain at the beginning is a life-changer - that's speaking following a second slipped disc in my 20s!

Anyway, feel bad for Igor, hopefully if we're looking like going up and he wants to stick around he'll accept a much cheaper/pay-as-you-play style contract, as I think he has something to offer if he can get a run in the side. Dislocated shoulder is bad luck.
  • Options

It depends how bad - If you can get it back in quickly it shouldn't be too bad - if not you probably will need surgery as the area swells and you are talking much longer.

Well you can bet your life a Charlton player's injury will be more on the 'it's really bad' side than 'back quickly'
    More likely initially diagnosed as 'back quickly' which then develops into 'it's really bad'
  • Options
    How many teams, ever, have had 2 players out with dislocated shoulders AND 2 out with ACL injuries at the same time!

You would be on the unlucky side to have 1 at a time!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

How many teams, ever, have had 2 players out with dislocated shoulders AND 2 out with ACL injuries at the same time!

Billy Clarke is technically back now though so its...

Hamstrings... Reeves and Dijksteel
    Shoulders... Vetokele and Cullen
    ACL: Forster-Caskey
    Knee: Patrick Bauer
  • Options
    Sage said:

Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Being a dislocated shoulder, that’s around 3/4 months so we are talking around February-March

3-4 months lmao I was back playing football and squash after 6 weeks and it's given me very few problems since.
    That was you and obviously not too severe. Igor has gone to hospital so they obviously believe it is bad enough. Dislocated shoulders can take around 16 weeks to recover from if they’re bad, some may even need surgery.

It’s probably best to leave the time frame to the professionals. As I said, you must’ve got lucky with the severity of your shoulder dislocation.
    I went to hospital by ambulance, once I arrived in hospital it was "popped" back in which was excruciating...

The NHS state that you can be back doing activities in 6-12 weeks, but longer to completely heal... I'll take it that I was fortunate.
  • Options

More likely initially diagnosed as 'back quickly' which then develops into 'it's really bad'
    That's the sort of 'back problem' most of our injured players seem to suffer from.

• Options

Cafc43v3r said:

Lewis Page, groin injury.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Lyle Taylor, Abdominal injury.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Bert Palmer-survey deleted
    Let's face it, Bert ....... you're going to have to take early retirement. :smile:
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Cafc43v3r said:

What survey was that?
  • Options
    I'm not a doctor but 16weeks!? His arm didn't come off!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Cafc43v3r said:

Let's face it, Bert ....... you're going to have to take early retirement. :smile:
    Depending on what age he identifies as
  • Options
    Surprising lack of information on both Igor and Josh's injuries
  • Options
    lolwray said:

Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Cafc43v3r said:

lolwray said:

Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

Sage said:

Cafc43v3r said:

He's 69, but thinks he's only 45.

• Options
    Just seen it. Gutted for him. It seems it wasn't the collision but rather the way he falls. And when he falls I winced, it's just such an awkward fall. Credit to the referee for stopping play, despite the little hissy fit the Walsall player throws (the ball was in the center circle mate, you weren't exactly building momentum).

Also, I'll never cease to be amazed at people who think a player getting injured, especially something like this, is the player's fault.
  • Options

I'm not a doctor but 16weeks!? His arm didn't come off!

There is a difference between being fit enough for normal life, like pushing a pen in an office, and being fit enough to play a contact sport professionally.

(Do people still push pens in offices?)