Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Igor injury (ed. Again)

Comments

• Options
    If Charlton came into money under new owners, we would buy Andy Carroll and Jack Wilshere.
  • Options

I'm not a doctor but 16weeks!? His arm didn't come off!

There is a difference between being fit enough for normal life, like pushing a pen in an office, and being fit enough to play a contact sport professionally.

(Do people still push pens in offices?)
    Mouse clickers!?
  • Options

Wish Igor his wife and child, good health.

But please Igor don't take paternity leave this Saturday.

exactly .. start earning your wages .. you'll need a new contract to pay for the nappies, rattles and baby grows
  • Options
    Oh no, he's going to be really tired now.
  • Options
    Oh bollox now he’ll be knackered from sleep deprivation
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Please change the title....

Agree thought the worse.
  • Options
    he's batting way above his average that lad !......no wonder his groin injury was so bad.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Thanks Sage. I assume you are alluding to strengthening quads to protect hammys and abs to avoid back trouble. It was something I always neglected until there was a problem and I suspect professional football is no different.

I’m a sports scientist so am alluding to all muscles, but yes, each set will have a postural and dynamic muscle and it is an extremely common theme where we neglect and undertrain the stabilisers. So for example, we have the supraspinatus which is a stabiliser (postural muscle) and then we have the trapezius or deltoids which are more of a dynamic muscle.
    Mate, you are clearly an expert on this matter and learned of your subject. There is no place for you on this forum 😀
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Redhenry said:

Please change the title....

Too risky. They did that with Lewis Page's thread, and he was injured again almost straight away
    There's only one thing worse than being referred to by the fans of other clubs as a "bunch of trainspotters". And that's a "bunch of superstitious trainspotters".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

drewman said:

Sage said:

Thanks Sage. I assume you are alluding to strengthening quads to protect hammys and abs to avoid back trouble. It was something I always neglected until there was a problem and I suspect professional football is no different.

I’m a sports scientist so am alluding to all muscles, but yes, each set will have a postural and dynamic muscle and it is an extremely common theme where we neglect and undertrain the stabilisers. So for example, we have the supraspinatus which is a stabiliser (postural muscle) and then we have the trapezius or deltoids which are more of a dynamic muscle.
    Mate, you are clearly an expert on this matter and learned of your subject. There is no place for you on this forum 😀
    Huge Charlton supporter and have been all my life. I go home and away as much as I can, whilst I try to do some form of performance analysis scouting on a variety of things including opposition teams.

I wouldn’t even exist if it wasn’t for Charlton as my Nan was at a match during the war, when she got home her house was gone as it had been bombed, going to football that day saved my whole family’s lives.

I know it’s completely off topic but that’s a personal story. I love this forum and all the information and knowledge people share on here.

I am part of BASES, the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences, and currently part way through my Masters to become a Sport Psychologist. Hoping to use my sports science knowledge hand in hand with my sport psychology knowledge to give myself the best platform of having a good career where I can hopefully help a whole variety of people whether it be psychological or sport science specific.

There are many people on here who add a vast amount and I only try to chip in where I can. But nonetheless, I do appreciate your comment.
    Sage if you ever attend a seminar and the guy/girl asks you to sit down, close your eyes and visualise the race/match and how you win, you have my permission to scream "you useless tosser" at the top of your voice and retire to the pub.
  • Options

Mate it was only a joke, I didn't mean anything by it.

• Options

@Addickted I’d suggest you get yourself to your GP... sorry, I meant that advice to your friend.

• Options

Sage said:

drewman said:

Sage said:

Huge Charlton supporter and have been all my life. I go home and away as much as I can, whilst I try to do some form of performance analysis scouting on a variety of things including opposition teams.

I wouldn’t even exist if it wasn’t for Charlton as my Nan was at a match during the war, when she got home her house was gone as it had been bombed, going to football that day saved my whole family’s lives.

I know it’s completely off topic but that’s a personal story. I love this forum and all the information and knowledge people share on here.

I am part of BASES, the British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences, and currently part way through my Masters to become a Sport Psychologist. Hoping to use my sports science knowledge hand in hand with my sport psychology knowledge to give myself the best platform of having a good career where I can hopefully help a whole variety of people whether it be psychological or sport science specific.

There are many people on here who add a vast amount and I only try to chip in where I can. But nonetheless, I do appreciate your comment.
    Sage if you ever attend a seminar and the guy/girl asks you to sit down, close your eyes and visualise the race/match and how you win, you have my permission to scream "you useless tosser" at the top of your voice and retire to the pub.
    Haha, not sure what to reply if I’m honest mate! Thanks for the permission I guess. Apologies for not much else.
  • Options
    drewman said:

No, not at all mate. No offence or anything taken, I knew how it was intended and do appreciate it.

Sorry if my post came across a little too serious. It wasn’t intended to be, just explaining who I am and how this site has many good people on it.
  • Options
    Sage said:

No, not at all mate. No offence or anything taken, I knew how it was intended and do appreciate it. Sorry if my post came across a little too serious. It wasn’t intended to be, just explaining who I am and how this site has many good people on it.

Many good people !

My advice start off hating everybody, then move people into the like queue, it's an easier task, than the reverse method ! 

• Options
     <3 
  • Options
    This thread title is misleading