Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best places to watch football on Saturday?

Comments

• Options
    Watching at my mates who having a bbq. Don’t get wrong atmosphere in the pubs was brilliant for Tunisia & Colombia, but i prefer watching it on tv with mates at someone house.

Had to buy a 4 pint pitcher 25 mins before kick off because it was so rammo. Don’t get me started with throwing beer.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

Done Tunisia - red barn
    Panama - kings head tooting
    Belgium - red barn
    Colombia - red barn
    As @ValleyGary says pretty decent - If you get a good spot and they do 2 pinters.

Heading here for Saturday, what was the atmo like?

And do you live round Tooting, PH?
  • Options
    Long shot, but anyone got any idea on anywhere decent to watch in Herne Bay?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Sir_Clive said:

Long shot, but anyone got any idea on anywhere decent to watch in Herne Bay?

Possibly got the same dilemma mate! Heard Herne Bay FC clubhouse is decent for it, and that it'll be on at the Prince of Wales. Haven't been in either to personally recommend them though.

Was hoping they might chuck it on television big screen at Dreamland and maybe get the bus over, though will probably go to Whitstable somewhere if I do go out for it, know the pubs over there. Trying to drag a couple of mates out but we're all at the parents with young kids stage and it's a faff - bit different to the spontaneous nights out etc of a few years ago!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Trying to decide whether to watch it at home (cheaper, choice if beers, decent view, no idiots, couldn't get too smashed as up very early and driving next day) or go out somewhere for the atmosphere.
  • Options
    Grey Horse, Sunbury, always a good atmosphere, prefer to be in Red Barn tho, saw England win on pens there v Spain, 96, or Golden Lion - Platty v Belgium
  • Options

Ill be in The Red Barn in Barnehurst on Saturday. Been a quality atmosphere in there so far and they serve two pinters.

Didn't it kick off in there after the Belgium game?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Done Tunisia - red barn
    Panama - kings head tooting
    Belgium - red barn
    Colombia - red barn
    As @ValleyGary says pretty decent - If you get a good spot and they do 2 pinters.

Heading here for Saturday, what was the atmo like?

And do you live round Tooting, PH?
    Was pretty decent, get there early we got there at 11.30 for the panama game and me and Mrs just got a table, I don’t but the Mrs lives 2 mins from Tooting Bec station so we usually go kings head or wheatsheath for footie
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    this weekend will see a huge rise in birds instagram stories of "SCENES" then pissing everyone off when ordering at the bar complex drinks. i have a table at the george london bridge although have to be there by 11.30, they have said that they will do general admission until capacity.
  • Options
    In the garden at home for me.
  • Options
    Thing is, those who come out for the England games in my local always know fuck all about football, are guaranteed to do something stupid and pack the fucking place out

I never watch boxing out and haven't for years because of dickheads who think they are Marciano after watching 2 professional pugilists go to war. Or the classic "hit im" bellowed at the screen

And also, sorry women of Charlton life, women. I can't fucking abide women who have no interest in football taking up a chair space when they are not there for the football but for the cock. Same goes for blokes actually who come along for the social then spend the game in my ear about anytbing but the football, in fact worse, someone who opens their conversation with "what league are Charlton in these days".

We played Fulham on sky the Sunday after my wedding. Football on in the pub with one of my pals who is also a Charlton fan. When Cousins got the equaliser I went fucking mental, the patronising way I got treated and told off pissed me off. Know they are courting people to do that because there is a pound note in it for them
  • Options
    Carter said:

Thing is, those who come out for the England games in my local always know fuck all about football, are guaranteed to do something stupid and pack the fucking place out

I never watch boxing out and haven't for years because of dickheads who think they are Marciano after watching 2 professional pugilists go to war. Or the classic "hit im" bellowed at the screen

And also, sorry women of Charlton life, women. I can't fucking abide women who have no interest in football taking up a chair space when they are not there for the football but for the cock. Same goes for blokes actually who come along for the social then spend the game in my ear about anytbing but the football, in fact worse, someone who opens their conversation with "what league are Charlton in these days".

We played Fulham on sky the Sunday after my wedding. Football on in the pub with one of my pals who is also a Charlton fan. When Cousins got the equaliser I went fucking mental, the patronising way I got treated and told off pissed me off. Know they are courting people to do that because there is a pound note in it for them

Yeah I've had that myself where I've gone mental over a Charlton goal yet had the patronising attitude back from people - Rather pathetic really and just put it down to jealousy that they dont have the same sort of connection with their clubs
  • Options
    The Crown in Blackheath are showing too.
  • Options
    Got 30 family and friends round our place (was already planned for birthdays). Had to upgrade our TV’s for the occassion, but still seriously concerned about viewing space. Might have to resort to some classic sexism of bygone years and say women (and the two gays) in the garden, chaps watch the football.

In all seriousness those who hate football the rest of the year and show no interest in England best not think they’re getting one of the prime positions.

Then fingers crossed we win and I fuck off to Russia Tuesday and let the wife deal with any fall out.
  • Options

Carter said:

Yeah I've had that myself where I've gone mental over a Charlton goal yet had the patronising attitude back from people - Rather pathetic really and just put it down to jealousy that they dont have the same sort of connection with their clubs
    In fairness I don't hold back when I'm in there and Chathams finest are too all decked out in the latest 70 quid man United or Liverpool shirts. All the Indians round this way all support one of those 2 clubs and 99% of them have not set foot in either of their grounds.

I used to give all the Tottenham fans grief about them never going "oooh I can't get a ticket"

The landlord, who was also a Tottenham fan used to stick the ticket stubs I brought him from places like Anfield, Old Trafford, Highbury (I never have him the 4-2 game one, that's in my shitter on the wall) and he'd in turn give all the Sunday afternoon shirt fillers the same grief asking them when they were going to being him in a ticket

• Options
    The Long Pond in Eltham.

Footy on The TV, England songs on the jukebox and some nice cold lagers (and a WKD for the wife )
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The Long Pond in Eltham.

Footy on The TV, England songs on the jukebox and some nice cold lagers (and a WKD for the wife )

Hmmmm. Fake news.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Carter said:

Agree on a lot of that, hate standing next to the pub bore, who knows jack shit about football, says he supports Spurs/Arsenal/Man Utd/West Ham/Chelsea/Liverpool *delete as appilicable* but I’ve probably, no actually, definitely, have been in their ground more times than them.
    Then instead of concentrating on the game, just chats shit in my ear for 90 minutes.
    As for the other half, no real interest in football, but will randomly try to talk to me about her Facebook updates, what our plans are that weekend/next week, what do we need in the shopping, blah blah blah.
    When the game is on, I expect nobody to talk to me, unless I speak to them first, just leave me the fuck alone.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Carter said:

Agree on a lot of that, hate standing next to the pub bore, who knows jack shit about football, says he supports Spurs/Arsenal/Man Utd/West Ham/Chelsea/Liverpool *delete as appilicable* but I’ve probably, no actually, definitely, have been in their ground more times than them.
    Then instead of concentrating on the game, just chats shit in my ear for 90 minutes.
    As for the other half, no real interest in football, but will randomly try to talk to me about her Facebook updates, what our plans are that weekend/next week, what do we need in the shopping, blah blah blah.
    When the game is on, I expect nobody to talk to me, unless I speak to them first, just leave me the fuck alone.
    And don't forget the 20 something out of their nut real 'wall.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Don't get me started. People who have not been near a real football ground beyond perhaps a novelty instagram-fodder venture to the emirates or some other day tripper paradise have suddenly turned into the leading authority on the game.

Bandwagon jumping at it's finest. Same as the twunts who do it for the "big fight" in boxing.

Usually find they sit on people's shoulders at festivals belting out anthems with faux emotion to play up for the camera and pretending to give the aura of a "free spirit lost in the momemnt" when in reality they probably have a corporate social media marketing job in Milton Keynes.

Vile
  • Options
    Apparently the Daylight Inn in Petts Wood is ticket only for England games now, so I was told by my barber last night. I can understand it for Christmas Eve and NYE but England games? Is this a new health & safety consideration or is it a money making scheme?
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    JohnBoyUK said:

Apparently the Daylight Inn in Petts Wood is ticket only for England games now, so I was told by my barber last night. I can understand it for Christmas Eve and NYE but England games? Is this a new health & safety consideration or is it a money making scheme?

My mate drinks in the daylight, went in thier the Wednesday before belgium game for a pint and had england v belgium sold out on a poster.
    Whats that all about , he said theyve started charging for the games.what a load of b@llocks.
  • Options
    Probably to limit numbers for safety
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I lent an eye to the Germany v Mexico group game in the garden of Pelton Arms, East Greenwich. A young German chap told me he supports "Borussia Dortmund, Ajax, and Liverpool". When I told him I've been watching Charlton Athletic for 52 years he looked blank - hadn't even heard of us!
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Not surprised.

It was heaving for the Champions League final.
  • Options
    Watched it at All Bar One at the 02 - will probably go back there. No beer throwing....