Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best places to watch football on Saturday?

1235»

Comments

• Watched in Eagle and Child, Brentwood

• TfL Bus Alerts

Verified account

@TfLBusAlerts
    Follow Follow @TfLBusAlerts
    More
    FOOTBALL CELEBRATIONS,PAN LONDON; Bus service very disrupted across London - Southwark Street SE1 , Bethnal Green E2, Clapham High Street, SW4, Clapham Junction SW11...

- 7 Jul 2018
  • Was pretty good in Grady's bar Killorglin.
    The RTE pundits are cack though, Dunphy, Giles and Keith Andrews. None of whom, apart from Dunphy, gave anything to England.
  • iainment said:

Was pretty good in Grady's bar Killorglin.
    The RTE pundits are cack though, Dunphy, Giles and Keith Andrews. None of whom, apart from Dunphy, gave anything to England.

Fuck 'em
  • edited July 2018
    The Greyhound in Wargrave, Berkshire. Nobody knows anything about football, nor do they pretend to, it's just a good atmosphere and decent beer.
    (though if you want to know what sort of varnish to use on your launch, or discuss the merits of top price tickets at Henley regatta, they're in their element. I don't really fit in.)
  • Started in the bulls head in chislehurst. Had lunch, then watched the first half.

Shit atmosphere and way too many birds dolled up not watching the game.

Went to the Crown at half time and was great.
  • Started in the bulls head in chislehurst. Had lunch, then watched the first half.

Shit atmosphere and way too many birds dolled up not watching the game.

Went to the Crown at half time and was great.

Made me laugh

Birds dolled up...

England and World Cup Quarters - nah

C ya!!
  • Got 30 family and friends round our place (was already planned for birthdays). Had to upgrade our TV’s for the occassion, but still seriously concerned about viewing space. Might have to resort to some classic sexism of bygone years and say women (and the two gays) in the garden, chaps watch the football.

In all seriousness those who hate football the rest of the year and show no interest in England best not think they’re getting one of the prime positions.

Then fingers crossed we win and I fuck off to Russia Tuesday and let the wife deal with any fall out.

Have a cracking time fella.
  • Managed to get myself in the wing movements office and watched the whole game. Could have done with a pint in my hand but hey ho, sometimes you just have to make the best of a bad situation and it made for a decent atmosphere. Which is always nice.
  • @hoof_it_up_to_benty

Change the thread title !
  • Sponsored links:

• Carter said:

Thing is, those who come out for the England games in my local always know fuck all about football, are guaranteed to do something stupid and pack the fucking place out

I never watch boxing out and haven't for years because of dickheads who think they are Marciano after watching 2 professional pugilists go to war. Or the classic "hit im" bellowed at the screen

And also, sorry women of Charlton life, women. I can't fucking abide women who have no interest in football taking up a chair space when they are not there for the football but for the cock. Same goes for blokes actually who come along for the social then spend the game in my ear about anytbing but the football, in fact worse, someone who opens their conversation with "what league are Charlton in these days".

We played Fulham on sky the Sunday after my wedding. Football on in the pub with one of my pals who is also a Charlton fan. When Cousins got the equaliser I went fucking mental, the patronising way I got treated and told off pissed me off. Know they are courting people to do that because there is a pound note in it for them

This this this
  • Managed to get myself in the wing movements office and watched the whole game. Could have done with a pint in my hand but hey ho,

There was probably some spice knocking about if you’d asked.
  • Managed to get myself in the wing movements office and watched the whole game. Could have done with a pint in my hand but hey ho,

There was probably some spice knocking about if you’d asked.

No chance would I try that shit mate, seen too many casualties to ever think it would be a good time. Nice mug of gut rotting homebrew might have added an extra dimension to proceedings though.
  • Ended up in the barrowboy and banker - was good waitress drinks service to our table, after this went down to the anchor on thameside and was told no football shirts!!!, so ended up in bunch of grapes the celebrations by borough were fantastic, although the millwank fans trying to kick off - get a life you melts
  • IdleHans said:

The Greyhound in Wargrave, Berkshire. Nobody knows anything about football, nor do they pretend to, it's just a good atmosphere and decent beer.
    (though if you want to know what sort of varnish to use on your launch, or discuss the merits of top price tickets at Henley regatta, they're in their element. I don't really fit in.)

Nor do seamen in Staines.
  • smiffyboy said:

@Starinnaddick you in the star because ifended up in here I’m the fella in white top at the end of the bar by the door between the 2 bars

Who needs Tinder, eh?
  • clive said:

TfL Bus Alerts

Verified account

@TfLBusAlerts
    Follow Follow @TfLBusAlerts
    More
    FOOTBALL CELEBRATIONS,PAN LONDON; Bus service very disrupted across London - Southwark Street SE1 , Bethnal Green E2, Clapham High Street, SW4, Clapham Junction SW11...

- 7 Jul 2018

yeah there was no chance getting through that. great celebrations.