Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    Dunno what has been said and by who but Taylor tweeted this

• Options
    Dunno what has been said and by who but Taylor tweeted this

I'd imagine it's something about the Sunderland Contract drama where he wanted a small add on and they mucked him around over it
  • Options
    Got a bad feeling about this 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we lose taylor we are looking nailed on for relegation 
  • Options
    Offers were always going to come in for him, what matters is that we don’t accept them! Time will tell.....
  • Options
    Decent strikers are like gold dust. Managers such as Bowyer, Powell and Curbs (and those at competitor clubs) understand that. Eejits like Roland and Driesen don't. 
  • Options
    If a decent bid comes in he'll be off.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If the bid is decent to Roland he will be off
  • Options
    I think Taylor and Grant could have fired us to the prem if we’d kept them together

really hope we can keep LT
  • Options
    edited June 2019

Kermorgant all over. 
    The likes of Taylor come around very rarely. They should give him a 3 year deal and say; become a real legend at this club.
    But as we know, the owner doesn’t work like that. 
  • Options
    If Taylor signs I'll see it as a good omen. 

If he leaves it'll be a very, very bad one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he will sign a new deal.
  • Options
    I think he will sign a new deal.
    If we pay the going rate he'll sign....
  • Options
    I think we are all jumping the gun on RD here... (Wait, I know)

For a start, I still hate him and do not want to stick up for him at all.

However, we can not pin the sale of Karlen on RD. He was a young striker in league 1 with is stock high at the time and a bid came in from a Prem team, we were not keeping Karlen the moment that bid came in as Karlen wanted to go and you can not blame the kid. It was a prem team, prem wage and considering the year before we were at Crawley, it was going to happen. The blame can not solely lay with RD on this one. If it was another club in our division I am sure the outcome would have been the same. Now, pushing for a higher fee yes of course that was possible but that's a whole different thing. My point here is more RD, like many owners have their hands tie when prem teams come in for league 1 players.

Look what happened with Bauer, we rejected the deal and kept him and well, worked out alright didn't it?

Who's to say this wouldn't happen with Taylor? We might get a bid and reject it and if the player is happy to stay, he will. I don't think it's as set in stone that if a bid comes in they are gone, Bauer is a example that RD might have half a brain cell and say no, we are keeping him.

Just a thought, don't shoot me down.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    If there is one thing I have come to accept its that no matter how much someone might enjoy being at a club it's not enough for them not to move. If he gets offered a very attractive pay day at a team who will be a favourite for promotion his head may well be turned.

You then have to factor in our complete tit of an owner who'd be happy to sell him for £500k and think he's got a good deal.
    Agreed. And from recent news about his decision of signing for us instead of Sunderland, I got the impression that it was not about location as originally reported, but that he didn't like what the people at Sunderland said/did about their offer and other related things.

If he gets a big offer and has a satisfying talk with a certain club, it's not impossible that he leaves for them.....

Reading Airman's VotV article and posts on other threads, I feel it'll be very hard for us to compete with other Championship clubs financially. If RD doesn't sell soon, we'll have to be prepared for a disappointing summer. Bowyer is no doubt a big attracting factor but money talks.... Bowyer and Gallen did an incredible job last season but it is going to be a lot harder in the Championship.😥
  • Options
    I bet knowing my luck as I wrote that we probably accepted a 200k bid from Luton
  • Options
    Taylor is 29 and probably after his last decent contract - would be foolish to lose him.
  • Options
    If we sell Taylor we'll be back in League One this time next year.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    You’ve got to wonder at what point in his life he’s gonna regret picking us over Sunderland.....I’m thinking around about May next year...... Hope I’m wrong mind
    @Fumbluff please make your prediction about one of this year’s new signings (assuming there are any, of course). 
  • Options
    Trouble is, everybody in football knows what Charlton are about with this owner.    Make an offer for a player and the old scrote will trouser the cash so fast it'll make your head spin.