Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2019
    He has a fantastic engine, is very strong and can finish. Add to that a decent touch and he is without doubt the best striker in the league.
    One thing Bowyer said Taylor has improved is his fitness. That’s got to make a big difference in him improving as a player.

He’s the most complete striker we’ve had in a long time. If he had much more to his game we’d never have been able to sign him.
  • Options
    5 Barnsley players in League 1team of the year. Will be laughable if they don't go up.
  • Options

Lyle v Yann

Lyle for me (now)......all day long

• Options
    edited April 2019
    They would have worked well together. What frustrates me about Taylor sometimes is that I think he tries to do too much so you see him on the left, on the right, in defence and sometimes it would help if he was in the box more. But this isn't really an issue when we have a good striker playing alongside him. In fact, it becomes a quality.
  • Options
    Hasnt even got into the League One PFA Team of the Year which is voted for by the players

James Collins / John Marquis / Kieffer Moore all ahead of him
  • Options
    Hasnt even got into the League One PFA Team of the Year which is voted for by the players

James Collins / John Marquis / Kieffer Moore all ahead of him
    Good. Might keep him off the radar.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Well, who would we swap him with in League 1 if we could? Nuff said as the great Stan Lee would say.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I imagine the timing of the vote has had an impact. At the timing of the vote, other strikers were probably playing  better than Lyle who had a slight dip after his red card and Grant leaving.
  • Options
    It’s a joke just like the EFL team of the season. There ain’t no better striker in this league, and if anyone was to argue that, I have a bunch of non bias evidence to prove it.

But that’s fine, let us and him go about our business without recognition. We will get the recognition on May 26th. 
  • Options
    Best striker in the league
  • Options
    Taylor's all round game for a forward is very impressive and the only real criticism is he maybe tries to do too much. At his best it almost seems like the ball is glued to him.

He hasn't reached the level of Yann for me - doesn't have the set piece delivery in his locker but after Saturday we might see more.
  • Options
    So far he has turned up for the big games as well. Could be a key thing for us in the play-offs.

Him and Igor starting to look like a proper partnership too. The combined fitness and form of those two is going to be vital in getting us out of this division. I frankly can't believe I'm saying that about Igor, but the improvement in him over the last 8 games or so has been a revelation. If Igor can keep it up we might well be getting back to having the best front two in the division, even having lost Grant, which is as close to a footballing miracle as you will find.
  • Options
    Taylor's all round game for a forward is very impressive and the only real criticism is he maybe tries to do too much. At his best it almost seems like the ball is glued to him.

He hasn't reached the level of Yann for me - doesn't have the set piece delivery in his locker but after Saturday we might see more.
    Nowhere near as good in the air as Yann, and he'll never have Yann's Gallic I don't give a fuck attitude that I think helped make him such a cult sensation in SE7 (although Taylor certainly is not lacking in attitude), but in a number of other areas, you have to say Taylor is better than Yann. Similar quality of control, similar vision and flair on the ball, faster, better dribbler, and a more prolific scorer.

I don't know if I'll ever love a player quite the way I loved Yann, there were so many things about that story , including the way is started and ended, that just made it special but Taylor does come very close to Yann in many ways. I honestly thought I'd never see us sign a player quite like Yann again, so to do it so soon, in League 1 and for free, shows quite what exceptional business it was to get him.
    Yann was my favourite player of recent times and Taylor is the only one to get near. 

The Yann goal against Hpool is one of my favourite Charlton moments.
    Love Yann for the record, but am i alone in thinking theres no way he meant that goal
  • Options
    He has accepted my Twitter challenge to score a back heel goal.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Lyle has accepted my Twitter challenge to score a back heel goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Prove all the doubters wrong Lyle and embarrass them by keep scoring, especially a hat trick in the play off final.
  • Options
    Lyle has accepted my Twitter challenge to score a back heel goal.
    I can see it now.
    It's Wembley, we're 2-1 down to Pompey or Sunderland in the 93rd minute.
    The ball is crossed to Lyle who has to roll the ball into an empty net.
    He tries to back heel it in, the chance is gone and our promotion hopes with it.
    Yes, that also crossed my mind so I've put in a special request for it to be v Rochdale in front of your namesake stand.
  • Options

Nowhere near as good in the air as Yann, and he'll never have Yann's Gallic I don't give a fuck attitude that I think helped make him such a cult sensation in SE7 (although Taylor certainly is not lacking in attitude), but in a number of other areas, you have to say Taylor is better than Yann. Similar quality of control, similar vision and flair on the ball, faster, better dribbler, and a more prolific scorer.

I don't know if I'll ever love a player quite the way I loved Yann, there were so many things about that story , including the way is started and ended, that just made it special but Taylor does come very close to Yann in many ways. I honestly thought I'd never see us sign a player quite like Yann again, so to do it so soon, in League 1 and for free, shows quite what exceptional business it was to get him.
    Yann was my favourite player of recent times and Taylor is the only one to get near. 

Love Yann for the record, but am i alone in thinking theres no way he meant that goal
    Dont destroy the memory!
  • Options

Yet, there’s still no other player who was on the pitch that day who would have been capable of scoring it. Truly wonderful player.
  • Options
    Yann did it in the Championship, which puts him ahead of Lyle for me
  • Options
    On this debate, as good as Yann was in league 1, if we're comparing the Impact which both have made to our League 1 teams then Lyle wins hands down, I thought Yann actually like a fine wine made a bigger impact the older her got. IF Lyle can keep improving nearly as much as Yann did then we have a player capable of playing in the Premier league.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    On this debate, as good as Yann was in league 1, if we're comparing the Impact which both have made to our League 1 teams then Lyle wins hands down, I thought Yann actually like a fine wine made a bigger impact the older her got. IF Lyle can keep improving nearly as much as Yann did then we have a player capable of playing in the Premier league.
    Unfortunately there is no "we" in Roland...so IF he does make it & I hope he does...it certainly won't be with us...once again Katrien will be proved right...😣