Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lyle Taylor - signed for Cambridge (p268)

Comments

• Options

Although not a red card if you are not attempting to go for the ball but impeding the keeper from doing so then it’s a foul and the goal should be disallowed.

Could argue that Taylor was purely standing his ground, especially if that was anywhere else on the pitch
    Yes but by doing so you are impeding the keeper.

Is that a red card offence though?

Was Taylor sent off for that or his part in the melee?
    Whilst laying on the ground, he kicked out at one of their players.
    Not sure based on watching the replay several times that the correct decision was made. I certainly think Accrington should have had Sykes and one other sent off...
  • Options

Although not a red card if you are not attempting to go for the ball but impeding the keeper from doing so then it’s a foul and the goal should be disallowed.

Could argue that Taylor was purely standing his ground, especially if that was anywhere else on the pitch

So, by your logic, if you are standing somewhere in the box but the opposition goalkeeper wants to be where you are, if you don't move out of his way you are committing a foul? Not sure I agree......

• Options
    Anyone slagging off Lyle is an idiot without his goal we would likely be other end of the table.

Hopefully gets overturned if not we work with what we have got
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Did he? How come there are no pictures or videos of this then?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    JaShea99 said:

Did he? How come there are no pictures or videos of this then?
    There is, have a look on the highlights footage 1:38 in;
    https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/11612171/charlton-1-0-accrington but don't blink it is a quick flick with his leg when he is first on the ground before being surrounded in the melee.
  • Options
    Looking very closely his leg does flick.

But is it as an intended kick or trying to free himself?

I am now getting a feeling the FA won't see it favourably.

Are we possibly risking a potential frivolous appeal?
  • Options
    The referee sent him off as he felt (rightly or not) Taylor committed an offence. Taylor's leg definitely moved in a way that MIGHT have been deliberate. It will be upheld. I don't think it SHOULD be but I do think it will.
  • Options

There's a CAFC fan on twitter who has recently posted that his wife has passed away.
    Lyle's response to the poor man has been first class.
    Sounds like a true Gent.

Yeah I saw this... Was going to post the tweets but felt it was too personal between the fan and Lyle

Shows what a nice bloke he is though when he says: If there is anything you need, just let me know

You just know that Lyle truly means it when he says that!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:

The referee sent him off as he felt (rightly or not) Taylor committed an offence. Taylor's leg definitely moved in a way that MIGHT have been deliberate. It will be upheld. I don't think it SHOULD be but I do think it will.

X
  • Options
    Fairly sure Taylor started that corner behind the keeper, pulled him back, got in front of him and obstructed him.

Can’t think that the goal should stand. Hope the red cards don’t either.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Looking very closely his leg does flick.

But is it as an intended kick or trying to free himself?

I am now getting a feeling the FA won't see it favourably.

Are we possibly risking a potential frivolous appeal?

This, gutted but he does flick out at the keeper.
  • Options
    Lyle is a top bloke who plays with honesty. He seems to me to be much stronger than many defenders he plays against and he terrorises many. I think he is hard done by sometimes as you are allowed to be stronger. Players have to really battle against him it it creates an atmosphere more likely to generate bookings, both ways.

Was a lot of nothing on Saturday, but it all kicked off and he wasn't going to escape it because the officials saw it and when they do that, it doesn't get overturned. If they decide, even ridiculously, that it is a red, it is a red. You get off if what they saw didn't happen.
  • Options
    Keepers red overturned, yet Lyle's remains?

• Options
    Even though not quite the same. Closest what we have had since Yann.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yep his band stands. OS

He did flick his foot towards the keeper. I wouldn't say it was a red card because it was so soft. But seems it doesn't amount to "A clear and obvious error" on the referees part.

Now waiting to hear about the stampy twins.
  • Options
    I wonder if he’ll sit with the fans on Saturday, now he’s banned? It’s the sort of thing he’d do.
    Don’t break him if he does!
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

I wonder if he’ll sit with the fans on Saturday, now he’s banned? It’s the sort of thing he’d do.
    Don’t break him if he does!

After Bielik's experience on Sat, he might be advised to steer well clear!
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Yep his band stands. OS

He did flick his foot towards the keeper. I wouldn't say it was a red card because it was so soft. But seems it doesn't amount to "A clear and obvious error" on the referees part.

Now waiting to hear about the stampy twins.

The referee didn't have a clue what was going on. He just saw the ruck going on and sent off Taylor and the keeper as he had told them both off prior to the corner and had to do something to get a grip on the game again. Taylor's tiny dab at opposition with his foot is all the fig leaf the FA needed to support the ref, which they will always try to do.

All that said, Taylor might need to rethink his antics at corners. While not exactly offences the refs always seem to decide on the side of the keeper and we've now had 2 goals disallowed in recent weeks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Regardless of all the other crap coming out of the club it’s still good to see a good team spirit. 
  • Options
    Cant deny I felt a bit sad when Lyle says about the new G&T
  • Options
    Safe bit of PR there getting Lyle to be the mouthpiece 
  • Options
    Safe bit of PR there getting Lyle to be the mouthpiece 
    Hardly safe I heard a bit of potty mouth action in that short vid.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Classy from this Wimbledon fan
  • Options
    Did Lyle get a yellow card today?
  • Options
    Did Lyle get a yellow card today?
    Don't think so but left the ground in a protective boot according to Rich Cawley.