Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bowyer's Targets

Comments

• Options
    We will not be signing anyone unless there free and cheap wages
  • Options
    edited June 2018

and desperate/mad.
  • Options

and desperate/mad.
    ....with a history of bad injuries....
  • Options

Or playing for Blackpool or coventry

Can't think of another club in a worse state than us than those two. Oh, the shame of being looked down on by Millwall.
  • Options
    lyle taylor would be a fantastic signing.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

These threads used to be what most of us were interested in.

Some more names of free agents.

Goalkeepers Sam Walker at Colchester and Lewis Price at Rotherham.

Centre back Elliott Ward has been released by Blackburn. He played with Bowyer at West Ham.

Midfielders Rohan Ince at Brighton, Jem Karacan Bolton and Anthony Wordsworth Southend.

Up front Jay Emmanuel Thomas is available on a free. He also played with Bowyer at Ipswich.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas must be rivalling Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins in the number of times he's been linked with us.
    Hmm, Darren and Hayden....could now be the time?
  • Options

Richard J said:

These threads used to be what most of us were interested in.

Some more names of free agents.

Goalkeepers Sam Walker at Colchester and Lewis Price at Rotherham.

Centre back Elliott Ward has been released by Blackburn. He played with Bowyer at West Ham.

Midfielders Rohan Ince at Brighton, Jem Karacan Bolton and Anthony Wordsworth Southend.

Up front Jay Emmanuel Thomas is available on a free. He also played with Bowyer at Ipswich.

Jay Emmanuel Thomas must be rivalling Darren Purse and Hayden Mullins in the number of times he's been linked with us.
    Hmm, Darren and Hayden....could now be the time?
    Elliott Ward qualifies for that as well.
  • Options

Can't think of another club in a worse state than us than those two. Oh, the shame of being looked down on by Millwall.
    That's only from divisional perspective.

By most other measures you are able to look down on us.

Cling to that :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    That reads almost as meaningless and waffle ridden as the Takeover statement.
  • Options
    If I was Bauer I'd jump ship. The players are promised we are aiming for automatic promotion every year. We can promise all we want but it wont happen until new owners, and any new owners are running out of time to make a pre-season difference.
  • Options
    edited June 2018

If I was Bauer I'd jump ship. The players are promised we are aiming for automatic promotion every year. We can promise all we want but it wont happen until new owners, and any new owners are running out of time to make a pre-season difference.

When you said jump ship, I think you meant one of those barely afloat, slowly sinking rafts full of migrants hoping to leave for a better life, and drifting along directionless being blown by the occasional gust of Belgian wind.
  • Options

to make it even worse, they've signed Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe .. probably the best and most consistent central defender in our division over the past couple of seasons
  • Options
    Hearing rumblings that we're back in for Morientes (or Portillo, but Madrid see him as ready), Overmars (he's followed us since he was a kid), and Kanoute (as he wants to stay in London).
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    ross1 said:
    Automatic promotion ????? LB obviously hasn't given up smoking weed then.

Also article states update on Vetekele.......nope, didn't see it.

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Hearing rumblings that we're back in for Morientes (or Portillo, but Madrid see him as ready), Overmars (he's followed us since he was a kid), and Kanoute (as he wants to stay in London).

Haha - I forgot about the halcyon days of the Morientes and Javier Portillo links.

Throw Mark Van Bommel and Kezman in the mix too.

In fact Kezman signed for us from what I remember pretty much and pulled out for Chelsea just as he was about to be unveiled. Curbs was rumoured to have thrown his nut.
  • Options
    I wonder if Bowyers mystery “signing” has actually decided where he’s going yet.
  • Options

LoOkOuT said:

Haha - I forgot about the halcyon days of the Morientes and Javier Portillo links.

In fact Kezman signed for us from what I remember pretty much and pulled out for Chelsea just as he was about to be unveiled. Curbs was rumoured to have thrown his nut.
    Don't forget we scouted Cristiano Ronaldo before Manure too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

LoOkOuT said:

Don't forget we scouted Cristiano Ronaldo before Manure too
    Also Mathieu Flamini. And if rumours are right about his wealth then perhaps we should be tapping him up for different reasons!
  • Options
    Max Gradel has left Bournemouth, we were linked with him a couple of seasons ago.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Max Gradel has left Bournemouth, we were linked with him a couple of seasons ago.

But he wouldn't come to us because of his wage demands. I don't think that will have changed.
  • Options
    He's gone to Toulouse
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

The way we're going we'll be lucky to sign Michael Portillo
  • Options
    The way our squad is shaping up, we're going 'Toulouse' a lot of games this season.
  • Options

The way our squad is shaping up, we're going 'Toulouse' a lot of games this season.

We're signing Andy Delort???
  • Options
    he didn't get the signing he was hoping for over the line yesterday - today?
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I dont get some of those comments:

"We won six, drew one yet could have won seven if we had to"

Surely winning seven games would have been better as we'd have ended up with Rotherham not Shrewsbury in the Play-Offs?