Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stan Collymore - accuses Ian Wright of being an Uncle Tom

124»

Comments

• Options
    What is BAME please?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

What is BAME please?

Black Asian minority ethnic
  • Options
    I've heard IW say some very insightful things regarding attacking play and the role of forwards; he was one of the best in his day and a peek into the mind and mentality of someone who operated at the highest level I find pretty interesting.

The thing with pundits is that we all have our own likes and dislikes.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

What is BAME please?

Big Arse Makes Errections
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Ian Wright is a class act and hilarious. I think he would be better suited as a presenter than a pundit.

https://youtu.be/LNzUm-HG4mo
  • Options

Ian Wright is a class act and hilarious. I think he would be better suited as a presenter than a pundit.

https://youtu.be/LNzUm-HG4mo

He had his own show on BBC1 a few years ago. The program was awful and so was he as a presenter. I think he's best just being himself and not scripted.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

clive said:

There is an interview with Wright where he meets his old school teacher and it’s quite moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omPdemwaNzQ
    Obviously a very moving moment, but the one thing that tells me what kind of genuine guy wright is, he removed his hat immediately he realised who it was, respect earnt and shown.
    Couldn’t have put it better myself E. Met him twice and he came across as a genuinely nice guy. Made time to talk to talk to us in Turkey and made a point of how grateful he was of our support. John Barnes was the same.
  • Options
    Love Wrighty. Absolute passion for England. Love the story Ally McCoist tells of them both being in the pundit box for the Scot v Eng 2-2 last June.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

What is BAME please?

Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2018

Daddy_Pig said:

cafctom said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Should Collymore have said it? No. But it never ceases to me amaze me how many people will attack Collymore for anything he ever did.

I would never condone hitting anyone without good reason let alone a woman but I don't recall SC offering up excuses about mental health as the reason. That seems to be everyone else making excuses for him. Ive always found he's taken responsibility for that incident regardless of how vulgar it was.

I don't understand how the public can hate SC but adore Gazza. Gazza by all accounts was like SC on steroids yet we've forgoven him. He was a man that alledgedly beat his wife on several occasions. And it's not a few tears and one goal against Scotland thats shaped that is it?

The big difference is that Gazza doesn't go around blaming others for his shortcomings.
    But SC doesnt blame anyone but himself for hitting Ulrika. Doesn't blame anyone else for his mental health condition. He highlights an issue for BAME people in football and gets all sorts of shit thrown his way.
    Would probably help if he wasn’t such a dickhead about it. Calling a fellow professional ‘a cunt’ isn’t the right way to go.
    Remember a story about Ian Wright when he was still at palace. They played a very early pre season game at Town Mead (Crawley Town), so a stroll in the sunshine for all involved. He was warming up on the sideline, well just standing there really, and a kid asked if he’d sign his program. Ian’s reply? “Fuck off”. Classy! As some others have mentioned, he was a piece of work as a player, despite his funny man act as a pundit.

So I’d say he’s probably a bit of a cnut, although SC hasn’t covered himself in glory here!
  • Options

YTS1978 said:

Daddy_Pig said:

cafctom said:

Daddy_Pig said:

Should Collymore have said it? No. But it never ceases to me amaze me how many people will attack Collymore for anything he ever did.

I would never condone hitting anyone without good reason let alone a woman but I don't recall SC offering up excuses about mental health as the reason. That seems to be everyone else making excuses for him. Ive always found he's taken responsibility for that incident regardless of how vulgar it was.

I don't understand how the public can hate SC but adore Gazza. Gazza by all accounts was like SC on steroids yet we've forgoven him. He was a man that alledgedly beat his wife on several occasions. And it's not a few tears and one goal against Scotland thats shaped that is it?

The big difference is that Gazza doesn't go around blaming others for his shortcomings.
    But SC doesnt blame anyone but himself for hitting Ulrika. Doesn't blame anyone else for his mental health condition. He highlights an issue for BAME people in football and gets all sorts of shit thrown his way.
    Would probably help if he wasn’t such a dickhead about it. Calling a fellow professional ‘a cunt’ isn’t the right way to go.
    Remember a story about Ian Wright when he was still at palace. They played a very early pre season game at Town Mead (Crawley Town), so a stroll in the sunshine for all involved. He was warming up on the sideline, well just standing there really, and a kid asked if he’d sign his program. Ian’s reply? “Fuck off”. Classy! As some others have mentioned, he was a piece of work as a player, despite his funny man act as a pundit.

Telling a Palace fan to fuck off?

He's gone up in my estimation.... ;)
    Haha...good point!