Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Ideally we need midfielders of the more experienced ones mentioned I think i'd prefer Dawson over Pratley
  • Options

Ben Amos on a season long loan looks to be a done deal.

We could also be losing Jake Cooper to Rangers for around £3.5m as Stevie G looks to bolster his squad.

Thankfully we brought in Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe earlier in the window.

How's Cooper suddenly worth over £3m, considering Reading were happy to let him go a year ago?
    Jaap Stam being a very poor judge of a players ability, I'd imagine. Also the fact that, I believe, he's got a release clause around the £3.5m mark.

Cooper was immense for us last season. At 6'7" he's a huge threat at set pieces and I for one would be gutted if he went as can see him moving to the Premiership after another good season with us.

All that said, Sean Hutchinson was the stand out performer in our defence last year.
    Bit bizarre for an unknown defender to have a £3.5m release clause in the first place...
    Maybe our neighbours had some foresight and thought he was going to be a good player so slapped on the release clause.
  • Options

Ben Amos on a season long loan looks to be a done deal.

We could also be losing Jake Cooper to Rangers for around £3.5m as Stevie G looks to bolster his squad.

Thankfully we brought in Murray Wallace from Scunthorpe earlier in the window.

How's Cooper suddenly worth over £3m, considering Reading were happy to let him go a year ago?
    Jaap Stam being a very poor judge of a players ability, I'd imagine. Also the fact that, I believe, he's got a release clause around the £3.5m mark.

Cooper was immense for us last season. At 6'7" he's a huge threat at set pieces and I for one would be gutted if he went as can see him moving to the Premiership after another good season with us.

All that said, Sean Hutchinson was the stand out performer in our defence last year.
    Bit bizarre for an unknown defender to have a £3.5m release clause in the first place...
    He's hardly unknown. When he broke in to Readings first team he was being looked at by a few Premiership teams so others have been aware of him.

Jaap Stam enters stage right and all of a sudden Cooper found himself out of favour. Turns out that was hugely to our benefit.
  • Options
    Must be a record for a Millwall player
  • Options

Understand David Martin (Millwall reserve keeper) has been training with us this week

Anyone else heard this or is it fucking about ??
  • Options
    new low
  • Options
    So we are looking at Pratley as I spoke about last week but got told not. Would be good signing with experience, him and Forster-Caskey could be very decent in this division.

If we sign Martin, that would be rather embarrassing and I would much prefer to give Phillips a chance.
  • Options
    Don't know about Pratley, but i do know Dawson is the fittest player at Bury. FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

It most certainly would be. Our record departure was Steve Morison to Norwich for £2.8m.

If we manage to sign Tom Bradshaw then the chances are that our astronomical highest fee paid will also be eclipsed.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Don't know about Pratley, but i do know Dawson is the fittest player at Bury. FACT

Nice looking lad Redhenry? ;0)

:smile:
  • Options
    Pratley seems like he might be a reasonable acquisition under the circumstances, provided he has a bit of energy about him. Don't want a Crofts MK2.
  • Options

Redhenry said:

It most certainly would be. Our record departure was Steve Morison to Norwich for £2.8m.

If we manage to sign Tom Bradshaw then the chances are that our astronomical highest fee paid will also be eclipsed.
    Most houses cost more than millwalls record signing
  • Options

Redhenry said:

Most houses cost more than millwalls record signing
    Very good and high in anecdote, albeit untrue :wink:
  • Options
    I bet most of the squad probably want to leave, we're a shambles.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I hope we are looking to bring Martin in as competition to Phillips. Only way I want Phillips as number 2 is if we manage to bring in a top top keeper ala Amos.
  • Options

Think I would prefer Pratley to Dawson. 30+ games in Champ last year and regularly played at a higher level than Dawson.

100% agree. Pratley has played in the Prem & loads of experience in the Championship.
  • Options
    Pratley, Cullen, Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Dijksteel should be decent enough for this league. The problem then will be the rest of the squad
  • Options
    _____, Phillips
    _____, Solly
    Pearce, Sarr
    Bauer, _____
    Page, _____
    Marshall, _____
    ______, Forster-Caskey
    Aribo, Dijksteel
    Clarke, Reeves
    Fosu, _____
    Magennis, Taylor
    Vetokele, Ajose

By my reckoning, we're short 7 players as it is, amd that doesn't account for departures (or youth players stepping up admittedly but I'd rather have 2 players for every position and them on top)
  • Options
    Though Bowyer didn’t mention Dijksteel when talking about CMs. Only JFC, Aribo, Lapslie and Maloney. Did he forget him or see him as a RB and maybe cover at CB?
  • Options
    a) wouldn't want to sign Martin as he is not good enough but
    b) if we do he has to be back up to Phillips but
    c) I'd rather go with Phillips as first choice and get another experienced, aged cover as back up
  • Options
    Our midfield is going to be bullied out of games. You need a physical presence in this league which we lack
  • Options
    I'd be happy with David Martin, and indeed am still puzzled why we never signed him last summer, as he is I recall! 1st choice keeper for 7 years at MKD

I would be gutted if Bauer left, but not surprised as to me he should be playing in the Championship. I'm sure he can do better than Blackburn though as long as it's not Millwall as a replacement for Cooper
  • Options

Our midfield is going to be bullied out of games. You need a physical presence in this league which we lack

Pratley could help address that
  • Options
    Amos gone to shithole down the road . Shame. Best keeper we've had down the Valley in Years