Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Just seeing Ajose's name grips my turd.

We can't fucking give him away
  • Options
    I think the takeover is being held up Roland not the Aussies! It's Roland revenge that we won't have a good squad next season coz we went against him singing mean songs to get him out! He will sell up to the Aussie 30 seconds after the transfer deadline and leave us as relegation shite till January when the Aussie will spend to get us out of trouble! Oh and Roland will sell Bauer Magennis and Vetokele before deadline closes!
  • Options
    kodfish said:

Phillips
    Solly, Sarr, Pearce, Page
    Marshall, Dijksteel, JFC, Fosu
    Taylor, Ajose

There's a few injury prone players in that lot.

And a fair few not very good ones too
  • Options
    Yann just been released from Reading. Just saying...
  • Options
    We need 7 players

2CM’s
    1LB
    1RB
    1CB
    1ST
    1RW

Could even argue to replace the GK. Major work still to be done if we want any chance of promotion. Wishful thinking I guess !

• Options
    Where does Bowyer see Clarke & Reeves playing bearing in mind he keeps saying he only has two CMs? Does he genuinely think they are striker / winger material?

Surely their best position is attacking CM.
  • Options

Where does Bowyer see Clarke & Reeves playing bearing in mind he keeps saying he only has two CMs? Does he genuinely think they are striker / winger material?

They are both currently injured.....Clarke would have been out for almost a year & Reeves is made of glass. I expect LB is discounting them playing any major part of proceedings early doors.
  • Options

Clarke covered most of the pitch in the early part of the season. He previously had the same injury in his other leg. Likely to come back strong at some point. Attacking midfielder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kodfish said:

Phillips
    Taylor, Ajose

That is one woeful team and frankly I can’t see Fosu hanging around if our squad looks anything like that in a couple of weeks time.
  • Options
    Think we are in relegation battle unless bowyer can work miracles with our youngsters. Why doesn’t Roland just fuck off and do everyone a favour.
  • Options
    kodfish said:

Phillips
    Taylor, Ajose

That team will be mid-table at best.

I'd like to know what on earth made Taylor decide to sign for us instead of Sunderland. It can't only have been the fact we're in London, especially as he's played up north before and in Scotland.

Surely he asked about the team building plans and what else we'd be doing?
  • Options

kodfish said:

Phillips
    Taylor, Ajose

I'd like to know what on earth made Taylor decide to sign for us instead of Sunderland. It can't only have been the fact we're in London, especially as he's played up north before and in Scotland.

Well he obviously didn’t ask Bowyer. He doesn’t get involved with that stuff.

• Options

I don’t understand why every year we are in a relegation battle? Yes, this probably is the worst time in charltons modern day history, the squad is small and will rely on u-23’s but it’s league 1. Who will have a squad of 25? Nobody!!! Is our squad worse than gillinghams, Walsall’s, Wimbledon’s etc. We still have some very good players at this level. Taylor single handedly kept Wimbledon up last year, we also have Pearce, Fosu, page, Forster-caskey, Aribo etc who man for man would walk into any league 1 teams.

Without a take over, people leaving (not mentioned above) and a few free signings, we will be slap bang average and mid table! This relaxation talk winds me up

No it's probably not worse than Walsall, Wimbledon and Gillingham but it's not them we need to worry about.

We need our squad to be better than the likes of Scunthorpe, Pompey, Plymouth, Sunderland, Barnsley, Peterborough and Bradford etc.
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I don’t understand why every year we are in a relegation battle? Yes, this probably is the worst time in charltons modern day history, the squad is small and will rely on u-23’s but it’s league 1. Who will have a squad of 25? Nobody!!! Is our squad worse than gillinghams, Walsall’s, Wimbledon’s etc. We still have some very good players at this level. Taylor single handedly kept Wimbledon up last year, we also have Pearce, Fosu, page, Forster-caskey, Aribo etc who man for man would walk into any league 1 teams.

Without a take over, people leaving (not mentioned above) and a few free signings, we will be slap bang average and mid table! This relaxation talk winds me up

No it's probably not worse than Walsall, Wimbledon and Gillingham but it's not them we need to worry about.

We need our squad to be better than the likes of Scunthorpe, Pompey, Plymouth, Sunderland, Barnsley, Peterborough and Bradford etc.
    He mentions the likes of Walsall | Wimbledon | Gillingham because he cant understand why we'd be in a relegation battle as yes our small squad should still be better than theirs - the issue (like you say) is that our squad wont be better than six sides in this Division which means we shouldnt be looking at anything better than Mid-table this season

Relegation though, no chance!!
  • Options

kodfish said:

Phillips
    Taylor, Ajose

Well he obviously didn’t ask Bowyer. He doesn’t get involved with that stuff.

That's not what Bowyer said.

Taylor said he'd had a long talk with Bowyer and liked his football ideas.

Bowyer is trying to distance himself from the negotiations. He picked Taylor and has identified other players either to keep (Fosu and Aribo) or sign (unnamed midfielder) but he's not brokering the deal.

Far from ideal as you'd like to have a CEO who works closely with the permanent manager but this is all the Aussie fault Duchatelet's Charlton
  • Options
    Then Taylor's an idiot. Because we all know under Roland that we are not going anywhere.
  • Options
    We are going somewhere... probably to League Two though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That wasn’t my point, my point is that there are worse squads than ours in this shitty league and we will not get relegated
  • Options
    For gods sake stop moaning...
  • Options

That wasn’t my point, my point is that there are worse squads than ours in this shitty league and we will not get relegated
    We have a half decent team with no depth, its up there with top 10 of worst at the minute and only looks to be getting worse.
  • Options

I don't think anyone on here seriously thinks we'll get relegated. Except probably golfie.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Why fret right now that there are gaps in the squad? Bowyer and Jacko will know that, won't they?
    Players will be signed, whether they are freebies or loans.

Wait and see. Things will happen.
    The Sunderland game will indicate where we are with team building.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Why fret right now that there are gaps in the squad? Bowyer and Jacko will know that, won't they?

and once we get to the Sunderland game it will be too late as the transfer window shuts just a few days later.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

and once we get to the Sunderland game it will be too late as the transfer window shuts just a few days later.
    My point, Golfie ..... is that there will no doubt be some signings before the Sunderland game.
  • Options
    Surely the point is that we have an interim manager who can only go along with an owner who doesn't want to own the club, minimise his spending whether it is on new players or the current team plus to maximise his earnings by selling whatever assets he can.

Add that to no senior management and you have a basket case of a club that surely very few players would choose as their employer
  • Options
    Not sure Bolton will be signing magennis and may be keen to offload Amos as their players have been on strike due to not being paid