Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer 2018 transfer rumours

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Did Marshall play RB v QPR? Even if he can cover there it just means we lack depth out wide in midfield.

Marshall yes. Wide? KAG, Fosu, MM, Mag, and eventually Clarke and Reeves. Also Ajose did well there as our front three rotated.
    KAG has just been on loan in League 2 and scored plenty of goals. He’s not a winger or creative wide player. Magennis again is someone that could do a job there for a few games. Ajose is a poacher, he’s never going to be effective stuck out wide. Doing well there in pre-season means nothing.

A few injuries and suspensions and we could have Marshall at RB and Magennis RM for half a season. That might be ok for a few games but it’s not going to have us challenging for promotion.

Having several versatile players isn’t the same as having good depth to the squad.
    What exactly does Ajose poach ?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

Did Marshall play RB v QPR? Even if he can cover there it just means we lack depth out wide in midfield.

Marshall yes. Wide? KAG, Fosu, MM, Mag, and eventually Clarke and Reeves. Also Ajose did well there as our front three rotated.
    KAG has just been on loan in League 2 and scored plenty of goals. He’s not a winger or creative wide player. Magennis again is someone that could do a job there for a few games. Ajose is a poacher, he’s never going to be effective stuck out wide. Doing well there in pre-season means nothing.

A few injuries and suspensions and we could have Marshall at RB and Magennis RM for half a season. That might be ok for a few games but it’s not going to have us challenging for promotion.

Having several versatile players isn’t the same as having good depth to the squad.
    What exactly does Ajose poach ?
    Eggs?
  • Options

Scoham said:

Sarmiento?

He was only 16 last month, way too soon for him.

Perhaps a checkatrade appearance to see how he gets on, but surely we can't think of throwing him into league football yet.
    Agree and I thought he’s more of a winger. I was asking he was the “newish striker” @harveys_gardener was thinking of.
  • Options
    Wilberforce Ocran
  • Options

Wilberforce Ocran

Gazuntite

• Options
    Would be very happy for our strikers to be Igor, Taylor, KAG and Magennis

Would imagine it will be Taylor, KAG and Ajose though
  • Options
    edited July 2018

I would imagine Karlan will play out wide most of the time as he did for Crawley. More of an inside left type forward.

Right now I see the strikers as Taylor, Magennis, Ajose and Vetokele. I hope it stays that way but I can see a change in there between now and the end of the window.
  • Options
    Sage said:

I would imagine Karlan will play out wide most of the time as he did for Crawley. More of an inside left type forward.

Right now I see the strikers as Taylor, Magennis, Ajose and Vetokele. I hope it stays that way but I can see a change in there between now and the end of the window.
    Agreed right now, and we would need KAG as a winger because we don't need 5 strikers when we have a lack of depth elsewhere. Be surprised if both Magennis and Igor are here for much longer though.
  • Options

Wilberforce Ocran

Gazuntite

Or even gesundheit.
  • Options

Disagree with SDA. At the moment our only weakness is back-up to Phillips and a RCB to cover Bauer. Always said Marshall should cover Solly and he was solid. Wide we have KAG, Fosu and MM with MAG a proven option for NI. Clarke & Reeves can do a job there.
    The problem is going to be replacing any leavers and CM where Bow has yet to play Djiksteel although Lapslie did well in a weak midfield.

Heard at the weekend that Lapslie only still here on borrowed time because of the small squad size, couldn't get in Chelmsford's team during loan spell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just seen it again, fits the bill of a battling midfielder?
  • Options
    Should have signed him 3 years ago when we were first linked
  • Options

Looks like his roots are tup North, Barnsley, Rochdale etc. Likely to go Bradford over us. Why uproot the family to come to London.
  • Options
    Heard that the spanners have signed Bradshaw from Bolton.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    oh gawd this will get this thread off on one.
  • Options
    Can we stop calling him KAG
    He has asked to drop the Ahearne for a reason, lets respect that.

Its either
    Karlan
    Grant
    Or KG now

:wink:
  • Options
    robroy said:

Looks like his roots are tup North, Barnsley, Rochdale etc. Likely to go Bradford over us. Why uproot the family to come to London.
    He played for Orient for a couple of years aswell. More likely to go to one of them because we are a joke. In our current situation would take him but don't think he's a player who could help us get promoted to be honest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Its either
    Karlan
    Grant
    Or KG now

why had he dropped the "Aherne" from his name....??
  • Options

Its either
    Karlan
    Grant
    Or KG now

Grant is his mother's last name so it must be something to do with his father.
  • Options

Try googling Aherne and Spain.

if that was the case he should change it to donald duck......

shouldn't be a problem if your innocent though.
  • Options

if that was the case he should change it to donald duck......

shouldn't be a problem if your innocent though.
    That's just quackers
  • Options

?
  • Options
    It's Ahearne not Aherne...
  • Options
    I didnt realise Hook had been married to Caroline Aherne.

You learn something new everyday.
  • Options

Its either
    Karlan
    Grant
    Or KG now

Assuming its a family issue,
    Maybe a divorce or something but his twitter is just Karlan Grant and thats what he was on teamsheet, so its clearly something he wants