Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ideal Scenario from tonights matches

Am I correct that tonight we want a Wigan win, and a Blackburn and Shrewsbury loss. That way Wigan secure the title (barring an 18 goal swing to Blackburn over last two games), Blackburn are promoted as they cant be caught by the Shrews, and also cannot win the title, so may not be as committed on Saturday?

Comments

• Options

and a Rochdale win

Ah yes - more importantly

• Options
    Shrewsbury loss means Peterborough can still catch us...
  • Options
    Ok - Shrews draw then as they will then be 6 pts behind Blackburn needing a twenty goal swing, and unlikely Peterboro will catch us
  • Options
    Come on the Dale.......The pressure is on Plymouth. How will they cope with that tonight? Especially with a very tough game on Saturday against Rotherham.
  • Options
    Only game I'm concerned with is Plymouth.
  • Options
    We can't finish above Shrewsbury. Peterborough can finish above us.
    Shrewsbury to win. No brainer.

Rochdale to win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shrewsbury loss means Peterborough can still catch us...

I keep telling you their season is over :smile:
  • Options
    If Peterborough finish above us it means we haven't won another game & so will be immaterial.

There are only 3 teams in it now.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Shrewsbury Win
    Rochdale Win
    Blackburn Win
    Wigan Win
    Southend Win (No change to the playoffs here, but it's SCP proving still he is decent...)
  • Options
    If she's in charge of calculating the points we're more likely to get relegated!!

Seriously guys, surely the most important result - and the only one we have to worry about - is our game on Saturday? Fudge that up and everything else becomes meaningless.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    addick05 said:

If she's in charge of calculating the points we're more likely to get relegated!!

Seriously guys, surely the most important result - and the only one we have to worry about - is our game on Saturday? Fudge that up and everything else becomes meaningless.

Except Plymouth and Scunthorpe can leapfrog us even if we win both...

Charlton can finish on a MAXIMUM 74 points

Plymouth can still finish on a maximum 76 points.

Scunthorpe can also still finish on a maximum 76 points.

Of course all 3 of us could still finish on our respective points we hold now.

Plymouth have 4 games to make it, Scunthorpe have 3 games we have 2...

If only we had held on or won vs Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    I missed that fixture, so we could all end up on 74? That'd be interesting.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Not really the word I would have chosen!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    addick05 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Not really the word I would have chosen!

ok, replace could with "have the mathematical opportunity to"
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

That’s fine. Very difficult for Plymouth to make up the goal difference.
  • Options
    5-0 at Gillingham will help. They have a nasty little run in by the look of it.

I think I'd prefer we play anyone but them were we to get to the final if I'm being greedy.
  • Options
    i am purely looking at Plymouth and Scunthorpe as i see those as the threats, there respective fixtures for rest of season.

plymouth

Rochdale A - can see a low score draw both need to win and will be panicking about letting a goal in, how they lost to northampton the weekend i wont know as they were possibly one of the worst football teams i have ever seen.

Rotherham H - if getting no more than a point from tonight's game really a must win for them, rotherham in theory have nothing to play for as cannot be caught and cannot overtake shrewsbury, plymouths home form has also been quite good. plymouth win

scunthorpe A - lose

gillingham A - could need a win for playoffs but would mean us not getting any points, plymouth win

final points; 71

scunthorpe

mk dons A - if mk dons can get a result from tuesday ( bradford a ) unlikely will pretty much be relegated. scunthorpe win

plymouth H - will need the win for playoffs. scunthorpe win,

bradford H - a bradford team with nothing to play. scunthorpe win

final points; 76

as for us i've maintained since Saturday a draw and a win will do us, we have nothing to lose saturday go at them from the off and who knows.

oh and if derby could get a win tonight that would be great
  • Options
    Got a feeling it’s going down to the last day.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Got a feeling it’s going down to the last day.

There’s no doubt about that
  • Options

Ideal scenario? Wigan, Rovers and Shrews all field ineligible players, or flout the rules in some egregious way and each get 30 point deductions, Rotherham and Charlton become the new top 2...

Their owners promise their players chips if they win a match. That'll get the Football League cracking down on them, especially if the chips don't come from an official FL sponsor
  • Options
    What we really need tonight in my opinion is...

Wigan win
    Blackburn draw
    Shrewsbury draw
    Rochdale avoid defeat
    Southend win

That way Blackburn are promoted, 7 clear with 2 games left but 5 points behind Wigan, who are at home to Wimbledon on Saturday so would likely win the league at home as well as putting Wimbledon back in trouble.

Rochdale getting a result against Plymouth puts them with a chance to stay up and go above both Oldham and Walsall on goal difference ifnit was a draw, and above them on points if they win. It also means Plymouth are a minimum of 4 points behind us with their game in hand being away to Scunthorpe next Tuesday.

Therefore, Plymouth would only be able to get a maximum of 74 and Scunthorpe a maximum of 76 but both can not get their maximum.

This means that if Scunthorpe were to win every game they have left, they’d finish with 76 but Plymouth could only get 71, which is 3 points away from what we have, therefore we would only need one win from the remaining 2 to get top six.

If Plymouth win the game against Scunthorpe, draw tonight and they both also win the rest of their games, Scunthorpe would have 73, and Plymouth would have 74. That would mean we would have to win both of our games, meaning we would finish 5th.

If they draw next week and Plymouth also draw tonight, they can only get a maximum of 72, Scunthorpe a maximum of 74, we would have to get a minimum of 4 points from our games to finish 6th.

This is all dependent on them both winning their other games of course. Which I don’t believe will happen.

Instead I can see us getting 72 points and getting top six, with Plymouth being the ones to miss out by maybe a single point.

Essentially, if we win our last two games, we are in the play offs, no matter what anyone else does.

We shall see... but it’s going to be very interesting.
  • Options
    The op has raised and good point regarding blackburn.

If plymouth drop points tonight then our playoff status is in our hands.

That is the most important thing.

Its between us, scunthorpe and plymouth for the 5th and 6th spots, realistically.
  • Options
    Not sure why you want Shrewsbury to draw as that means Peterborough pick up a point thus closing the gap on us. We are not going to catch Shrewsbury in third place so let them have the win and get futher away from us and keep Peterborough at arms length.