Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Scunthorpe 14/4/2018 post-match views

Comments

• Options
    I think those suggesting that Chris Solly is surplus to requirements after Djikstill's display need to have a major rethink.....dreadful.
  • Options
    Idle jr and I broke our journey at Greenwich and sat in the garden of the Gipsy Moth in the sunshine. The idea of just spending the afternoon there occurred to both of us. Wish we had.
  • Options
    Agree re KaiKai -not one decent game so far as I know. Send him back now, or at least leave him out. He's even worse than the rest of our shit team.
  • Options
    Comments from the wife who goes once a year after walking for the Upbeats.
    No energy from the players, ball played around with no skill or desire. Players didnt want to be there. Taking money from the supporters under false pretences. Club should refund admission money. Why can't they show the same enthusiasm as the Upbeats. No respect. Should donate their wages to the Upbeats. Embarrassing.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I think those suggesting that Chris Solly is surplus to requirements after Djikstill's display need to have a major rethink.....dreadful.

To be fair he’s not really a full back is he.

On another note, another impressive performance by Toney for Scunny.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    cafctom said:

I think those suggesting that Chris Solly is surplus to requirements after Djikstill's display need to have a major rethink.....dreadful.</blockquote

To be fair he’s not really a full back is he.

On another note, another impressive performance by Toney for Scunny.</blockquote

I actually don’t think rotating the full backs helps either. And If you are going to ask a player to play out of posistion, give him a run of games there.

• Options

1StevieG said:

Just one other thing to add. The goal celebration was a bit of a piss take. Kneeled down and prayed like he had scored a worldy at the Nou Camp. You scored a tap in mate get over it.

To be fair it was in front of the Covered End at The Valley. Every footballers dream.
    Can’t argue with that. Respect to Toney.....
  • Options
    He had a good match Toney, even if the celebration was a bit cringy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos ad a great game as well to add to the above. Made a number of good saves. He did give me a lol moment too when he tried to pass to a full back and it bounced over them
  • Options
    Only good thing from today was that someone decided to take down all the season ticket advertising today
  • Options
    PWR

Not good enough. We didn’t look like scoring and we never put enough pressure on Scunthorpe.

We were too predictable punting long balls up to Zyro. Two defeats in a row, I think the plays offs are a distance dream now.
  • Options
    5 hours on and it was still shite
  • Options
    A couple of weeks back I was looking at flight prices for the play-off final weekend. After watching that today I don't think I'll be on Skyscanner again any time soon.

Poor, both as a team and most individuals.

Scunthorpe were no world beaters but were better organised, more focussed and definitely more up for it than Charlton.

First defeat I've witnessed live for some time.
  • Options
    Just seem the goal on C5. Still don't think it was offside as the player had a lot of space to run into when the ball was played & Pearce was probably playing him onside. Saying all that, the cross should never have got to the striker to tap in from 3 yards (when was the last time one of our players had such a simple chance ?) and if Bauer thinks that is defending then he can go & play on Hackney Marshes as he'll find his level there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Painful today, it was like Robinson was back in charge. The play was too slow (Bauer to Pearce to Bauer etc), no fight, no width, no movement. Kaikai avoided the ball, drifted around and did nothing.
  • Options
    I couldn’t work out what kaikai was supposed to be doing, if was anything productive, he failed.

Saw him in the middle, drift out a bit but not much, whatever he was asked to do he either didn’t or couldn’t do it.
  • Options
    New manager bounce well and truly over. It's hard to see these as the same group of players who did so well against Plymouth.
  • Options

I've been going through a whole range of emotions after this latest defeat. Initially, I wasn't too bothered, accepting the ineptitude of the team, their frailties and the recognition that Scunthorpe did a job on us.
    But as this evening has progressed, the one thing that has been nagging me is that I'm not entirely convinced that the players care as much as I do.
    As fans, we commit our heart and soul to the cause and all I want from my team is that they match that same desire, then as one we can say we win together and we lose together.
    That to me is not evident I'm afraid.
    As LB said in his post match comments, they need to stand up as men for the remaining games but tbh I remain severely pessimistic.

Too late. The last 2 games has told me all I need to know. No heart & no bottle. Too late to start now. If they couldn't "stand up" against the likes of Wimbledon then they're not going to against Pompey or Blackburn.

Out of interest, when was the last time we came back from a losing position to win ?? I don't think we've done it this season & the best I think we've done are draws away to Bury & Bristol Rovers & admittedly 2 goals against Peterborough at home. Shocking situation & a big part of the problem. As soon as we let a goal in the players know the game is up. To put it into context, Wimbledon came from 2 goals down today to WIN. Away from home.
  • Options
    Can't believe we've gone from the predictability of one system to the predictability of another. It's crazy that average League One teams can suss us out so easily.

I don't know how the average age of our team compares to other teams, but we look like a bunch of kids out there sometimes.

Our best players on current form appear to be Amos, Page/Dasilva, Reeves and Fosu. Maybe Bauer on a good day? And only a couple of weeks ago many of us were hoping we'd sign Zyro. Ok, some of us, at least. What happened to Mavididi, our great saviour. And the return to form of the prodigal son, Ajose, seems to have petered out, before it really got started.

It's driving me, and by the sounds of it, many of you, nuts.

Where's the Prozac....

• Options
    Dont care had a drink
    Love my Charlton